1.    #1  
    I see that the Sandisk Ultra II SD cards are popular here, so the speed must be satisfactory and reliable. There are other card brands like Lexar, Transcend, Viking, Edge, etc that also offer high speed cards too.

How does the Sandisk Ultra II compare in speed/reliability compared to the other brands?

If you've used both Sandisk Ultra and another high speed, which would you purchase again?

Now that the holiday season is coming up, these cards will have great prices. It's helpful to know others' experiences with these things.

Thanks.
    Mike
    Last edited by chungmike; 10/03/2005 at 01:29 PM.
    Million Dollar Bills, anyone?

<a href="http://www.millionbill.com">www.MillionBill.com</a>
    I have a Sandisk, and it has worked great. I keep music and games on my card, and speed has never been an issue. Go cheap...Go Big!!
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    I haen't used another competing card, but I use a 1 gig San Disk Ultra. No speed problems like my older, slower card.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    How are the Beet Diggers doin'??
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    performance is great - EXCEPT if you need to record audio to the card, in which case you're stuck using the lowest sampling rates. i also have a SanDisk 1GB Hi-Speed 60 card, which by contrast works at nearly the highest sampling rates, which I'm forced to swap in when i need to record for long periods of time. otherwise for MP3s it's just fine.
    I have a Sandisk Ultra II 2GB card and for some reason the backups are extremely slow compared to my 1GB cards, both Sandisk and Lexar. I don't have a problem running apps or watching movies, or even listening to mp3's. It's just backups are much, much slower. I use BackupBuddy, Backupman, and Botzam backup. They are all much slower using the Sandisk Ultra II 2GB card. Makes no sense to me. I have read somewhere here someone else mentioning this same thing.

Strange to me..
    I noticed Corsair has a 1GB 60x card for $50. Corsair has a good rep as a brand for perormance with PC memory, so on reputation alone, I'd be willing to give it a shot.
    I have the Sandisk ultra II 1GB. The 512 version is fast, the 1GB is 25% slower than the 512 (this is writing, reading is still very very fast.)
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59
    I have a Sandisk Ultra II 2GB card and for some reason the backups are extremely slow compared to my 1GB cards, both Sandisk and Lexar. I don't have a problem running apps or watching movies, or even listening to mp3's. It's just backups are much, much slower. I use BackupBuddy, Backupman, and Botzam backup. They are all much slower using the Sandisk Ultra II 2GB card. Makes no sense to me. I have read somewhere here someone else mentioning this same thing.

Strange to me..
    There's something goofy going on with backups. I think it MAY have something to do with one of the ROM updates. I initially thought it was the latest version of Backup Buddy. I've been using a PNY 1GB card since I bought my treo back in February and backups used to run real fast, but around the time that Backup Buddy 3.1 was released, backups slowed down dramatically. I don't know for sure when it happened though since most of my backups run on a schedule at night, but they are only about half as fast as they used to be.
    My Lexar 1gb is consistently faster than my SanDisk 1gb. Also, I have had several SanDisk cards go bad (thankfully I bought them and Costco and could return them no problem). Go with Lexar IMHO.
  10.    #10  
    Is the Lexar a 30X or 60X? I actually use my SD card as a "portable drive" for my PC files. One of my Excel files is 3MB, and it takes over 12 seconds to save. I was hoping a faster card would cut that save time.

I'm currently using a regular Lexar SD card.

Michael
    Million Dollar Bills, anyone?

<a href="http://www.millionbill.com">www.MillionBill.com</a>