Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    Curious on this one, one of the sprint guys in the store told me everytime I use the directory assistiant program on my Treo it will cost me the same $1.50 as if I called the sprint operator for help. Is that true? Just got the program and love it!

Thanks
    Not true at all. He must've thought you meant calling Sprint's directory assistance. If you have Vision (unlimited data), you do not get a per usage charge for Directory Assistant.
    I'm back!
    Quote Originally Posted by jmill72x
    Not true at all. He must've thought you meant calling Sprint's directory assistance. If you have Vision (unlimited data), you do not get a per usage charge for Directory Assistant.
    Must be it, 411. Didn't know it was so much though.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by tj0827
    Curious on this one, one of the sprint guys in the store told me everytime I use the directory assistiant program on my Treo it will cost me the same $1.50 as if I called the sprint operator for help. Is that true? Just got the program and love it!

Thanks
    the sprint charge is actually $1.25 for using 411, and as said free for DA
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Well.....

I have Sprint and unlimited Vision data and they charge me $1,25 each time I use the 411 Sprint directory assistance.

I have to say they are very good at finding phone numbers and they send a text message to the phone with the requested info you need....

Chuck
    Quote Originally Posted by chckhbrt
    Well.....

I have Sprint and unlimited Vision data and they charge me $1,25 each time I use the 411 Sprint directory assistance.

I have to say they are very good at finding phone numbers and they send a text message to the phone with the requested info you need....

Chuck
    why not use directory assistant the app for free
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    cause he likes to waste money ?
    Quote Originally Posted by chckhbrt
    Well.....

Chuck
    I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not, but here goes....

We're talking about two different things. Sprint's directory assistance (411) is a call to them and they charge $1.25 per call. There is a program called Directory Assistant, powered by yp.com, which is like having the yellow and white pages on your phone. This is a shareware program. There is no per usage charge for looking up addresses or phone numbers with Directory Assistant. I believe the Sprint store guy was confusing the number (411) with the application (Directory Assistant).
    I'm back!
    Has anyone else noticed that DA, the program, will not come up with a result if the number has been removed from google? I know that you can put in a phone number in google and it will come back with the name and address of the owner of the number, if it is listed. Well, I completed a form taking mine off of google so it won't do that. I know a lot of people who did that as well. It was a big thing a few years ago. Now I see that the numbers for people I know who did that will not come up in DA even though we're all listed in the book. So there's the dilemma. If you don't get an answer on DA do you call 411?
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    Thanks,

This is what I thought and understand and why it is such a great program. The Sprint guy at the store just wrong. Looking back I do not think he understood how the DA program worked.

Troy
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG
    Has anyone else noticed that DA, the program, will not come up with a result if the number has been removed from google? I know that you can put in a phone number in google and it will come back with the name and address of the owner of the number, if it is listed. Well, I completed a form taking mine off of google so it won't do that. I know a lot of people who did that as well. It was a big thing a few years ago. Now I see that the numbers for people I know who did that will not come up in DA even though we're all listed in the book. So there's the dilemma. If you don't get an answer on DA do you call 411?
    I believe DA uses YP, not Google.
    Quote Originally Posted by dlbrummels
    It does. I said that right above Rick's post.

Quote Originally Posted by jmill72x
    There is a program called Directory Assistant, powered by yp.com...
    I'm back!
    Quote Originally Posted by dlbrummels
    I never heard of YP, but that could be what google uses too because I'm not in it, and I'm listed. I also know that all of my family that I took off google.com are not in it either. I was just kidding about if you should call then, but if you'd call 411 you'd get all the numbers. Still, I think DA is one of the best programs I've ever installed on the treo, and the one I've beamed to others the most. I use it constantly for businesses and love the copy to contacts ap.
    YP.com
    YP UP, We all P eventually

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    YP UP, We all P eventually
    we all p for ice cream
    I scream
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    U scream

4 grape nuts
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    tennis balls
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast