1.    #1  
    OK, so I fired up address book this morning and noticed it was totally blank - I'm not sure how long this had been the case. I quick cheked my 650 and everything was there. Like an ***** I think, "I should sync now incase something happens to the treo" and I ran a sync. Of course iSync pushed the blank 'book to the treo, and now I have no contacts anywhere (other than a backup of my address book that is fairly old).

I'm fairly pissed at this point with the state of iCal/AddressBook - Treo syncing and I'm thinking about just using palm desktop.

If I go the palm desktop route, is there a way to get contacts back into the OSX/address book database? (I like having the info there for other apps to use). I'm content not using iCal, which I've never been all that happy with anyways but I do like address book.

If I stick with iSync, how can I avoid whatever happened in the future?

-Xy

Edit: Oh, and anyone have ideas on how to recover the lost names? Its honestly not a huge deal and I've pretty much written it off at this point.
    not really sure how you did this. I've been using AB, iCal and iSync for a good while now. I did have some trouble with the old iSync (slooow) but since the upgrade to Tiger it's much nicer and faster. But I never lost my AB.

In AB go to File>Revert to AB Backup.

This might get you going again.
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
    as for Palm Desktop, you can pull address book entries out as vCards and drag into AB. I know scripts are available for going to and from Entourage and AB, but not sure about Palm Desktop.
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>