Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. jshamoon's Avatar
    Posts
    69 Posts
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
       #1  
    Hey guys, first post and just wanted to add that this site / board is a GREAT resource!

    Wife and I just purchased 2 Treo 650's and I am in the market to purchase a case or skin and holster. Has anyone tried using a skin such as the S650 with the Seidio Shield Holster? I thought that combo would be awesome as long as the Treo fits in the holster with the added thickness.
  2. #2  
    I have the Sedio Shield holster. I like it quite a lot, and really recommend it, BUT there are some problems that may upset people.

    1. You WILL experience chipped paint on the treo where the top clip touches. You will probably get chipped paint on the treo in the bottom corners too. I myself don't care at all about this, but there are users here who think these treos are works of art that belong in a museum, and a paint chip is cause to scream "bloody murder." Not me.

    2. The chipping happens because the holster has such a firm grip on the device. There is NO WAY a skinned treo will fit in the holster. And I've tried.

    3. If you are looking for a way to carry around a skinned treo, look at the cases over at http://tuff-as-nuts.com/treo-650-belt-case.html. They can make a t650 case that fits with or without a skin, with various clip or belt loop options.

    -Warr
    Progress? Well, at least I can get color traffic maps now...
    Psion 3a -> Psion 3c -> Palm IIIXE -> Palm VIIx -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Centro
  3. #3  
    I've had my Treo since Christmas '03. Ive tried cases, but after a while, when the newness wears off, I just put a screen protector on and stuck it in my pocket with no ill effects.
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  4. jshamoon's Avatar
    Posts
    69 Posts
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
       #4  
    Thanks for the reply everyone.
  5. #5  
    You might consider this case from speck...It might just be what you're looking for.

    http://www.speckproducts.com/treo650.html
  6. #6  
    The Speck case covers the 5way??
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    The Speck case covers the 5way??
    Yes it does. I also thought that might be a problem, but after using it, I don't notice any difference.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow
    Yes it does. I also thought that might be a problem, but after using it, I don't notice any difference.
    Hmmm...
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  9. #9  
    i use a tmobile sidekick case with my treo skin and it works really well if you want a horizontal case for cheap, $20
  10. #10  
    My pocket is still free
    Well behaved women rarely make history
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow
    Yes it does. I also thought that might be a problem, but after using it, I don't notice any difference.
    Every one sure has different opinions,,, the speck skin for me makes use of the 5 way beyond aggravating.


    Quote Originally Posted by jshamoon
    Hey guys, first post and just wanted to add that this site / board is a GREAT resource!

    Wife and I just purchased 2 Treo 650's and I am in the market to purchase a case or skin and holster. Has anyone tried using a skin such as the S650 with the Seidio Shield Holster? I thought that combo would be awesome as long as the Treo fits in the holster with the added thickness.
    Its not possible for the treo in a skin to fit the seidio holster. But like the other poster said. Any sidkick 2 case will work just fine.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tem
    Its not possible for the treo in a skin to fit the seidio holster. But like the other poster said. Any sidkick 2 case will work just fine.
    Yup, I was finally able to check out the MobileGlove Sidekick and it works like a charm for my Treo with a Gripskin. I'm a happy man.

Posting Permissions