1.    #1  
    I am halfway through my trial of Chatter Mail, and I really like it. I will be purchasing it at the end of the trial. I do have one question/concern with using Fastmail though. I really like fastmail as well as the whole IMAP email concept, but with VZW I must use their SMTP to be able to send email, but I would really like to be able to sync my "sent" folder. Is there anyway of doing this? TIA
    You don't have to use Verizon's SMTP server. If you are on a paid account, you can use fastmail's (messagingengine.com) for outbound regardless of which platform you are useing.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by PabloTX
    You don't have to use Verizon's SMTP server. If you are on a paid account, you can use fastmail's (messagingengine.com) for outbound regardless of which platform you are useing.
    Are you 100% sure about that? Because when I used Versamail for my gmail and comcast emails, I had to use VZW's server to send messages.
    You can use fastmail to send; you can also use whatever you want as your return address (i.e. you can simulate sending from a different account).

Marc
    A benefit of using Fastmail's smtp to send email is that you can specify whatever email address you want, not just your fastmail email address.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Correct. I use fastmail.fm/messagingengine.com as my SMPT/IMAP, but my return address is name@domain.com.

Verizon is just like an ISP. It gets you connected. What you do after that is up to you. If you're getting SMTP authentication errors, it's from whatever SMTP server you are using. Your particular SMTP server may not allow relaying, and can require a connection to do so (have seen this with DSL/Cable ISPs). But usually, as long as you're using SMTP Authentication, you should be okay.

I've also used Earthlink's SMPT server previously with no issues. Again, they required password authentication.
    Quote Originally Posted by livestrong
    Are you 100% sure about that? Because when I used Versamail for my gmail and comcast emails, I had to use VZW's server to send messages.
    Comcast probably won't allow relaying, however, I use gMails SMTP server on Chatter with no problems,

Make sure you have "TLS" checked in your gMail profile.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."