1.    #1  
    I wonder how much the speed of EDGE in treo 650.
    Comments?
    Between 110 and 140 Kb/s for me.

stipus
    Quote Originally Posted by stipus
    Between 110 and 140 Kb/s for me.

stipus
    All over the map for me - between 50 to 110 Kb/s. But definitely much higher than before T-Mobile went EDGE.

You may want to do a quick search for EDGE speeds. There have been several threads dealing with it and you will see a much wider range of comments.
    Unlocked/Unbranded GSM Treo 650
    1.71/1.30 ENA, HW A
    T-Mobile Total Internet
    Using it right now, paired with my laptop. It's definitely usable.
    Much faster than GPRS. I get 87 - 112 kbit/sec with Orange France. Seems more stable also!
    I get between 120-160 kbps... and fast initial connect. On T-mo in Nor Cal
    Well here is what I've noted...

First of all I'm on cingular in los angeles cali. When I first got my treo 650 I was getting veey slow speeds, apx 50-60K. Once I upgraded the cingular FW I was amazed at the speeds I WAS getting, believe it or not I was averaging between 400 and 450 K! I know, I was tripping on how fast and consistant the speeds were too.

If I would have known things were gonna change I never would have messed with the phone but none the less, I upgraded my locked phone to 1.13 ROW and speeds changed.

Now with the new SW and FW I'm seeing constant 150 to 200 K downloads.

Anyone know what's up? ill probably make a new post soon if I don't figure it out. BTW- this was all tested with the mobile speed test from broadband reports website.
    Tmo in NYC. I get between 75 and 125.
    Factory unlocked/unbranded GSM 650 - Tmobile; FW: 1.71; SW: 1.20-ENA; Carrier DB: 255; HW: A

If I'm repeating what someone has already said look at how long the thread is and ask yourself if you really expect me to read the whole thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by MedicWill
    Once I upgraded the cingular FW I was amazed at the speeds I WAS getting, believe it or not I was averaging between 400 and 450 K!.....Now with the new SW and FW I'm seeing constant 150 to 200 K downloads.
    EDGE has a max transfer rate of 384 kbps and in the states it averages 80 to 160 kbps.
    iPhone in the Washington DC area.
    I dont know what to say other than the speed test must have been wrong then. I dont know, but Ive been testing the speed religiously since ive gotten the unlimited data plan, and always with the same site. I cant explain the speed but I know it was there... the downloads were blazing fast.

BTW- I had a screen shot from when I hit 419K once. Ill try to find it.
    In my area (New Jersey, north-central), I see it typically starts at 80-90kbps, then it drops to about 20-40 stabilizing at around 40.

Same for T-Mo or Cingular.
    In downtown Chicago on T-Mo I see speeds as high as 170kbps.

Any recommendation on the most reliable/accurate/blazer-compatible speed test?
    depending on the location and the conditions I have gotten as high as the 170's -- it can vary to as low as the 60's -- but the average I see is 110-120 (T-Mobile)
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)