1.    #1  
    I need to be able to see more information about my contact when they call. At the moment I only see their name, picture etc. but I also want to see their address, category. I am happy to forego the picture for more info. Is there a product that can do this?

Thanks

Tom
    Not that I know of, but I think you can set up custom ringtones for different groups. You can also, of course, navigate to the address book and pull up the info while on the call.

Check out takephone or any of the custom ringer apps, as they might have something more like what youre looking for.
    It would be a hassle, but how about taking a screenshot of the contact information and using that instead of the picture of the person.
    Treo 700P (& GoodLink Administrator)
    Simpsonized
  4. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasAJ
    I need to be able to see more information about my contact when they call. At the moment I only see their name, picture etc. but I also want to see their address, category. I am happy to forego the picture for more info. Is there a product that can do this?

Thanks

Tom
    To help sort this out why would you want all that info?
    I'd also like to know if there's anyway to get more information on incoming callers. For example, i have a lot of contacts and some of which I do not know initially by name, however, it would be helpful if I knew which company they were associated with.

Anyone aware of a program/overlay that would produce the contact person's company in the caller ID info?
    your contact information is what you edit it to be. if you want more information to show then simply add it. the application is customizable so all you have to do is play around witht it till you get it show exactly what info you want it too. and caller id is what is showing when a person calls and it is only going to show you their name and number anyhow.
  7.    #7  
    Hi NRG, similar reasons to JLEE6. I have a couple of thousand contacts in different categories. So if say a property owner calls I want to see some details of his property. If a guest calls I want to see his booking details.

Hi cahsdad, taking a screenshot is not practicle but is there software around that might assemble text into a JPG image?
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    To help sort this out why would you want all that info?
    I have close to 5000 contacts, most of them current customers, the rest are prospects. I have approximately 20 neurons left after a full day of work and two beers...but still they call. I meticulously enter personal information and use various mnemonic tricks in the notes fields to help me get up to speed quickly when they call, but it would be nice if I could get at that data more quickly.

ThomasAJ, if you can back out to a T600, use CallFilter - it has an extended info screen which does exactly what we all need. Unfortunately, this is now orphanware. The developer is dead.

Perhaps someone will come up with a hack to add a "contact" button to the main call screen. Something that will let you quickly flip to the contact information while on the call without having to go through the lookup process. I can normally stall the caller long enough to get to their record if I'm not driving, but it would be a nice feature to just click and be there. It's sometimes embarassing the amout of hemming and hawing I have to do while I consult my "hip brain" to refresh my memory.

Hmmm...sounds like a job for Butler, off to mytreo.net to suggest it.
  9.    #9  
    ROUXDOO the 'contact button' would suffice.

I'm a software developer but not in this area. Does anyone know what are the realistic chances of a creditable developer picking up on this. To speed things up and if not too expensive (sure it's relative so let's negotiate) I might pay the developer directly. This is a very important feature for my client.
    Lightwav Pro will pull up Company & Notes info. you can also have ringers assigned by category. take a look - www.toysoft.ca I think.
    Another problem with the native palm program is that if the contact's picture shows up in the caller ID, then the person's name is hidden. It seems Palm takes one step forward, and two steps back, in the name of progress.

---
    Treo 650 unbranded GSM
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by jlee6
    It seems Palm takes one step forward, and two steps back, in the name of progress.
    I guess they may not have been business market focused. All businesses that have many contacts would need this feature. It's currently setup for friends etc.
    so call filter will not run on the 650?

You may try posting in the developer section here to try to pick up interest, and you may also try the forums over at the hb++ website, as those developers are always looking for ideas.

Sounds like a useful feature, though.
  14.    #14  
    [QUOTE=sam-i-am]also try the forums over at the hb++ website, as those developers are always looking for ideas.[QUOTE]

Sorry but what is the hb++ website?
    hb++ is a development platform. Try this forum: http://www.handheld-basic.com/forum/...338ca96dc8fb17

you could also try some forums for any of the other popular development platforms like codewarrior or onboard c.
  16.    #16  
    Thanks Sam
    a leaked version of the treo firmware came out for gsm, and sprint released a cdma update. With the latest update or the leaked fm, callfilter seems to be running fine and nobody has reported any problems with it on the 650 yet.

get it here:
    http://mytreo.net/store/product.php?xProd=38
    see the discussion here:
    http://mytreo.net/forum/index.php/topic,4792.0.html
    Last edited by sam-i-am; 10/13/2005 at 02:36 PM. Reason: more info
    Quote Originally Posted by sam-i-am
    sprint released a cdma update
    What update?
  19.    #19  
    Wow Sam you truly are one of the good people.

I will investigate.

Thanks a plenty.

Tom