Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    I have resco radio for pocket pc and its really neat on how you can record songs to SD card. Is there a similar program i can use for treo 650 to stream and record audio files?
    im currently using pocket tunes but i dont think i can record with that on to an sd

any ideas
    Made this just for fun...I'm Kermit

No. You can't do that.
    Actually, I just tried it and you can..sorta anyway.

I was streaming via Ptunes in the backround and was able to record audio via soundrec to the card. It works pretty well! The only issue was that soundrec was a bit unresponsive due the taxed proc (other VR's apps may be better, ymmv). This is the same method use to record telephone voice conversation fyi. Of course the only limitation is that the audio can only be recorded via speakerphone or seidio 2-in-1...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Actually, I just tried it and you can..sorta anyway.

I was streaming via Ptunes in the backround and was able to record audio via soundrec to the card. It works pretty well! The only issue was that soundrec was a bit unresponsive due the taxed proc (other VR's apps may be better, ymmv). This is the same method use to record telephone voice conversation fyi. Of course the only limitation is that the audio can only be recorded via speakerphone or seidio 2-in-1...
    cool..say if you dont have the seidio 2in1 and you put on speaker phone but put the volume all the way down, would that work?

Quote Originally Posted by Camel
    cool..say if you dont have the seidio 2in1 and you put on speaker phone but put the volume all the way down, would that work?
    Well, you would have to have the speakerphone loud enough for the VR to detect the audio obviously. I guess you could play around with different VR out there to see which ones are the most sensitive....

Which reminds me. Do a search for the LifeDrive apps posted in the forums. A user posted the LD VR app and it is an exteremely sensitive VR.

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    yea thanks, but im gonna give it a skip though. I tried soundrec, but i didnt like the process and the stutters.

i'll be waiting to buy an app that streams and record, or maybe ptunes update