1.    #1  
    im not exactly sure where this post belongs so.... here it is.

im looking for a rss reader for my 650. i want it to be able to update the feeds thru the gprs connection. i dont mind updating thru a hot sync but i want the option to update on the go.

ive heard that quicknews is a nice program but im not sure of its ability to update via gprs.

any help is appreciated.

sorry if this post is in the wrong place.
    I know there are a few options and they have been discussed before you may find it helpful to do a search.
    -g-

Treo 300-650-755P, Contract ends 11/30/07. SERO F&F 1250, The following are unlimited: N&W (7PM), Mobile to Home (M2H), Free Incoming, Vision Data, Text Messages for $49.99 - Plus Sprint AIRAVE @ N/C.
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
    quicknews does what you want
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    quicknews does what you want
    The latest beta of this app is really good and supports podcasts as well.
  6.    #6  
    ive read the manual, can you tell me the correct settings?

thanks.
    Correct setting for updating via your GPRS connection? Once installed go into Options the Setup Feeds. After that, go to Option and Preferences and set things you want there. Then when you do Options and Update All, it should update wirelessly. You can schedule it and a bunch of other stuff but I don't use those settings.
    Quote Originally Posted by frankricard
    im not exactly sure where this post belongs so.... here it is.

im looking for a rss reader for my 650. i want it to be able to update the feeds thru the gprs connection. i dont mind updating thru a hot sync but i want the option to update on the go.

ive heard that quicknews is a nice program but im not sure of its ability to update via gprs.

any help is appreciated.

sorry if this post is in the wrong place.
    I am using the mobile site for bloglines http://bloglines.com/mobile. Once you set up your account you can point your browser directly to it. They udate their feed evey hour, so the content is fresh. I am also using http://mobile.newsmob.com/. I think bloglines is better but still trying them. Anyway its a great way to view udpated rrs feeds without having to install another app. In my case quicknews and mrss reset my treo ocassionally. My setup has been stable for quite a while now so the moblie websites have been the way to go for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by JCB
    I am using the mobile site for bloglines http://bloglines.com/mobile. Once you set up your account you can point your browser directly to it. They udate their feed evey hour, so the content is fresh. I am also using http://mobile.newsmob.com/. I think bloglines is better but still trying them. Anyway its a great way to view udpated rrs feeds without having to install another app. In my case quicknews and mrss reset my treo ocassionally. My setup has been stable for quite a while now so the moblie websites have been the way to go for me.
    How do you get bloglines to show the entire article and not just a summary, which you have to goto the originating site to read?
    Quote Originally Posted by durex
    How do you get bloglines to show the entire article and not just a summary, which you have to goto the originating site to read?

Log in to bloglines.com, go to My Feeds and select the Options tab, choose Open Links in same window. That will do it.
    It appears as though its specific to the feed i guess... while some do show the entire article at the bloglines site, most feeds only provide the title and summary (or 1st sentence) of the feed and the only way to get the entire article is by clicking on the feed title- which, in turn, redirects you to the entire feed at the originating web site- of which isnt in mobile format.

bummer.
    Just wondering, I haven't gotten many results on my search for "RSS" in the Software forums. Plucker and Quicknews seem to be the most popular, and Avantgo is in ther running too.
    ^^ yes, that's specific to the feed. many bloggers and other sites make money through the advertisements on their sites, but the feeds don't have those advertisements.