1.    #1  
    Hi,

I have been having problems with my treo 650 since I bought it, mainly having it reset frequently without any aparent reason. I've read that upgrading the treo should solve the problem, but I'm not sure if I should upgrade it or not, since I'm pretty confused about if my treo is unlocked or not. I wrote to palm support, but didn't get much help, and tried to call their support center this weekend, but it is only open during weekdays...

I live in Mexico and my carrier is Telcel, which has proved to be pretty ignorant about the subject. My current firmware is 01.14 and the software is Treo650-1.05-ROW.

So... can I just update it with the update from Palm? How do I actually know if the phone is unlocked or not? (I know I should check if it works with a SIM from another company, but no one I know seems to be with another carrier...) The response from Palm said to check if it the software ended in ROW, but since it was obviously an automated reply, I don't trust it, and don't want to mess up my treo like that.

Can anyone help me?
    If you have software Treo650-1.05-ROW, you can upgrade to software 1.13-ROW from the Palm site. This official update contains the firmware 1.28.

stipus