1.    #1  
    I charged my Treo last night. This morning when I tried to make some calls I discovered that I had lost all my contacts, calender ....Everything. Could someone please tell me if there is some way for me to retreive this information. I have not done a hotsync with the Treo.
    Quote Originally Posted by pandity
    I have not done a hotsync with the Treo.
    Are you saying that you have never done a hotsync or that you havent done one lately. If you never have, why haven't you? Don't you realize that if you don't have a third party program that allows you to back up to your sd card that hotsync'ing is really the only other option?

Sorry but I think you are screwed.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Why have a palm device if you never sync??
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    Wisdom is just accumulated pain. I think pandity is experiencing a great deal of pain at the moment. I hope this new wisdom follows to the next device. I wish I could spin time backwards for you one or two days. . . . . .

Anyway, good luck. And I am sure you now will remember the old refrain: "You are only as good as your last backup." And OMG, if you have a home PC and have not backed that up -- please log off TC NOW and do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers, Perry.
    geez, instead of coming down on the guy why not be helpful??
    I dont know what help one can offer except re-enter all the info and sync.
    You're right, I just thought someone else's post was a bit harsh, that's all.
    Quote Originally Posted by ttrundle
    You're right, I just thought someone else's post was a bit harsh, that's all.
    Usually I would agree and try to edit such comments (don't want to scary away all the newbies ), but in this case, I really don't see any issues...

P.S. In reference to the original poster, if you don't have a SD backup or a hotsync backup on your desktop, then unfortunately up a creek. Sorry. It sounds like you may have had some sort of short or something causing a loss of power that wiped out all the data on the 600. Fortunately one of the advantages of NVFS is that this sort of thing would never happen on the 650...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    backup buddy and an sd card will savw you a lot of enrty if something should happen in the future. I am on my 3rd Treo, and I just put in the sd card, hit restore and was good to go. One thing you will find from the threads here, is that you need to plan for the worst and hope for the best
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    backup buddy and an sd card will savw you a lot of enrty if something should happen in the future. I am on my 3rd Treo, and I just put in the sd card, hit restore and was good to go. One thing you will find from the threads here, is that you need to plan for the worst and hope for the best
    I'm curious about pluses/minuses of restoring with a Hot sync or Backup Buddy (or similiar) from an SD card....what's the difference if any?
    With backup buddy, all my progy settings are restored the way they were backed up
    "progy"?? btw, how's Boulder these days? I've got to get out there soon to see my sis in Nederland!
    programs There was snow in the hi country last week....didnt last long. The days are still in the 80's! 53 days to ski season
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    programs There was snow in the hi country last week....didnt last long. The days are still in the 80's! 53 days to ski season
    ah, progy = programs

80 degrees with that wonderful blue sky...nice