Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just a note to all of those intereseted.

Agendus 10.01 has been posted at the site. I'm not certain of all the fixes as I'm travelling so you'll have to look for yourself till I get a chance to review it.
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
    I had the 10.0 pro edition, trying the new update now. For a list of updates, check out the bottom of this link http://www.iambic.com/agenduspro/pal...new.asp?#10.01
    Holy Cr@p! There are a lot of corrections for this version, including:

* Addressed stability issue with pressing DPAD right when "No Group" is selected in contact list group mode
    * Addressed issue with Address Validation: feature being unuseable on some devices
    * Addressed issue with Drawing: 'Error Read image (VFS 2A08)' appears with certain steps
    * Addressed stability issue with Trip: German: adding a flight, ground transportation or lodging to a trip
    * Addressed stability issue when cancelling an SMS in the native SMS app if launched from Agendus
    * Addressed stability issue when attept to delete Trip
    * Addressed stability issue with adding attendees to a meeting linked to a trip
    * Addressed stability issue when entering shortcut letters in the edit attendees dialog
    * Addressed stability issue when selecting 'undo' from the menu after making a drawing
    * Addressed stability issue with Trip: when adding a meeting, call or task to a trip
    * Addressed stability issue with Trip: when tapping the cancel button in the trip edit dialog after certain steps
    * Addressed stability issue with changing SIP state several times in card view mode
    * Over the air updates in progress dialog improvements
    * Addressed issue with shortcut letters work only intermittently
    * Addressed issue with Voice Recording 'Error opening the file Error code: 2A13' when attempting to use the voice recorder while memory card is locked or out of space
    * Addressed issue with Trip: Flight and Ground Transportation 'Notes' lost after editting
    * Addressed issue with Trip being lost if Cancel was pressed in Trip edit dialog box
    * Addressed issue with Weather Dialog: scroller display & tapping on the scrollers shows a dialog that should only appear when there is no weather data
    * Addressed stability issue with Prefs -> Programs screeen
    * Addressed issue with week list view and day list view didn't get the week and day view font settings applied, the trip font setting is used
    * Addressed issue with Trip: Saving changes to Purpose field were not saved when existing purpose was deleted
    * Addressed issue with Memo View: memos with drawings and no text were saved but not shown in the memo view
    * Addressed issue with Grayscale devices: drawing tab was no longer shown since it was not supported on these devices
    * Addressed issue with Voice Recording and Drawing: the drawing are left on the card when the associated records are deleted
    * Addressed issue with Drawing: extraneous pixels colored black were appearing outside the drawing area, when dragging the stylus outside the drawing area
    * Addressed issue with Drawing: scrolling down was causing the scroll up/down buttons to disappear
    * Addressed issue with Drawing: the scroll right indicator was sometimes overwritten
    * Addressed issue with Drawing: remnants of of the drawing tools were left on the screen
    * Addressed issue withDrawing: some of the boxes on the screen had a black outline while others had a gray line
    * Addressed issue with text overlap on the 'Requesting a Trial Demo' dialog
    * Addressed issue with display problem in Memo Edit dialog and the previous memo button was tapped
    * Addressed stability issue with French: Check for Updates
    * Addressed stability issue with using Palm OS Find on certain strings that exist in the contact database
    * Addressed stability issue with launching agendus via hardbutton that has been set to 'Go To' a week view
    * Addressed stability issue with deleting via Task View mode dialog
    * Addressed issue with Japanese: yomi display in contact card
    * Addressed issue with Japanese: yomi fields were missing in contact edit view
    * Addressed issue with Meeting date changing inadvertently after using dpad up or down in the meeting view mode to change between meetings then editing a meeting on a different day
    * Addressed issue with Preferences > Wallpaper: the OK button is unresponsive if 'NONE' or no wallpaper was selected
    * Addressed issue with Description being lost after the category was changed in edit dialog
    * Addressed issue with Hit target in the icon picker being mis-aligned to the right from the display
    * Addressed issue with Contact View: row highlight only displayed on the top row while the contacts were grouped
    * Addressed issue with Memo: attempting to VIEW a photo associated with a memo caused no photo to be shown
    * Addressed issue with Photo Field: there was a 1.5 second delay between tapping on the photo field and getting the popup menu
    * Addressed issue with Location was added to only current instance of a repeating meeting was not saved
    * Addressed issue with Contact View: dpad right while focus was on the table should move the focus to the new button
    * Addressed issue with Wallpaper was not displayed in any view after installing over v9
    * Addressed issue with Memo View: the insertion point was removed from the quick search field after a letter is entered
    * Addressed issue with Set Time: remained in number lock mode after exiting this dialog with certain steps
    * Addressed issue with display problem with displaying URLs underlined in blue when the URL wrapped to a second line
    * Addressed issue with Power Search: pressing FIND MORE with dpad center often did nothing
    * Addressed issue with week block view: lines drawn outside of the main grid part of the view didn't have the correct color
    * Addressed issue with Set Time: entering anytime always defaulted to AM, editing a PM time changes it to AM
    * Addressed issue with Year View: in 160x160 after moving between a few years there were remnants left over in this view from previous calendars
    * Addressed issue with changed cropping dialog to be more user friendly and understandable
    * Addressed issue with Set Time: default duration is now maintained by changing end time appropriately once the start time has been entered
    * Addressed issue with Toolbar DPad navigation: after returning from quick options popup or show options dialog the ring was lost
    * Addressed issue with Toolbar DPad navigation: inconsistency between table, new and new popup list
    * Addressed issue with transparency color problem on buttons after the crop photo feature was used
    * Addressed issue with Month View: Display error on the mini months after moving forward or back a few months
    * Addressed issue with Cycle views not going to the day view
    * Addressed issue with German: numerous strings have been shortened to fit better in the tiny space available
    * Addressed issue with Italian: a couple of translation revisions and strings shortened
    * Addressed issue with Portuguese: shortened the strings for select and beam business card
    * Addressed issue with Spanish: Wednesday had been shown as 'X' instead of 'M'
    * Addressed issue with pressing the application dialog while in the set time dialog would close that dialog but not go to the launcher
    * Addressed issue with the time displaying over the menu bar, now this feature is only supported on versions of the OS where the menu state can be determined
    * Addressed issue with 320 x 480: Year View: days in last 3 months of the year were cut off if they wrap to a 6th week
    * Addressed issue with Meetings with location only were not saved
    * Addressed issue with Memo dialog: changed from text labels on the tabs to iconic labels, for consistency and ease of localization
    * Addressed issue with Contact Network: relationship type list is now be alphabetically sorted
    * Addressed issue with Contact Network: the add/edit link dialog now has natural language description of relationship
    * Addressed issue with Pressing right dpad button when last day in month was selected did not function as expected (quarter view/expanded mode)
    * Addressed issue with T5: 'Done' button missing after raising the SIP and rotating the screen in the view modes
    * Addressed issue with Tapping photo and then tapping cancel caused reset

Maybe I'll wait for 10.02 until I upgrade from 9. ;-)

-Warr
    Progress? Well, at least I can get color traffic maps now...
    Psion 3a -> Psion 3c -> Palm IIIXE -> Palm VIIx -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Centro
    So they "Addressed" tons of issues.....did they FIX any of those??!!
    It looks good to me ! I can see several issues fixed ! Thanks
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    10.01 didn't address not being able to set meeting time on a Treo 600 using the 5-Way or the Keyboard.

Unless you want to hit Option Key to get the keyboard numbers to work, you're left to using the stylus.

This was pointed out in version 10.0 and wasn't addressed on their forums (ignored) nor in the 10.01 "fixes"
    For strange reason, after I updated to 10.01 I keep on getting soft reset after a hotsync. Any idea?
    Quote Originally Posted by D@Vo
    For strange reason, after I updated to 10.01 I keep on getting soft reset after a hotsync. Any idea?
    yes, use Datebk5
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Now how and where do I get and set up Datebk5?
  10. sam
    despite agendus had fix a lot of things - works on my t650 perfect and stable. sam
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D@Vo
    Now how and where do I get and set up Datebk5?
    http://www.pimlicosoftware.com
    works like a charm on my CDMA 650
    Treoing & Loving it
    Works fine for me, but takes A LOT longer to start-up. Version 9.06 and 10.0 took a few (2-3 seconds), but 10.1 takes about 8.

I don't have a lot of information in the application; and certainly little more than what I had in 9.06/10.0.

Anyone else experiencing this?
    it does take few seconds to start, not 8 though. remember it is scanning cal, contacts, tasks, and memos.
    Treoing & Loving it
    I still get soft reset after a hotsync. This blows. Can someone help?
    Quote Originally Posted by gt5l
    it does take few seconds to start, not 8 though. remember it is scanning cal, contacts, tasks, and memos.
    It still takes 7-8 seconds whereas versions 9.06 and 10.0 only took about 3 seconds. I haven't added much in the way of appointments, or tasks and no new contacts in the past week.

Don't get me wrong, the functionality & improved UI of 10.1 is great, once the app is running, so I am not too bothered. I just find it strange that all of a sudden it takes a while to load up (running from internal memory). I'll try scaling back on the number of historic appointment entries to see if that helps.
    I have 9.06 and it opens in 1.8 seconds on my T650. I suspect you may have a lot of background apps running that are slowing things down, and that Agendus 10 is slow on top of that, and the result is an 8 second load time, which *I* would find unacceptable.

Perhaps I'll wait for agendus 10.02 before I take my free upgrade...

-Warr
    Progress? Well, at least I can get color traffic maps now...
    Psion 3a -> Psion 3c -> Palm IIIXE -> Palm VIIx -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Centro
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wernst
    I suspect you may have a lot of background apps running that are slowing things down, and that Agendus 10 is slow on top of that, and the result is an 8 second load time....
    No. This bug in Agendus 10.1 has been researched and reported by people that are on the Iambic Forums Teams (loyalists ).

It happens even on a clean install of Agendus 10.1 with nothing else running or loaded--even with minimal records in the databases. It's clearly an Agendus problem--and didn't exist, to this degree, in 10.0.

You may want to wait for 10.02.....or 10.06 (I think that's when 9.0 became stable on a treo--9.06, wasn't it?
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Franko515
    yes, use Datebk5
    I second that. I'd always been a fan of Agendus until "upgrading" to v9. It would cause a reset every time I tried to edit a note on a task or meeting. Attempting the same edit in the native Palm apps worked fine.

Their support is a joke. I would contact them, wait a week or two for a response, immediately reply, wait another week or two, etc. I even sent them my calendar DB for research, then never heard back.

That was March - April '05. I wrote them again in June asking WTF and never got a response. It's now 7 months and several upgrades later with no resolution, and almost 6 months since I've heard anything from them. Goodbye Agendus, hello DateBk5.
    ... Als sie mich holten, gab es keinen mehr, der protestieren konnte.
    ... Then they came for me, and there was no one left to speak out.
    -- Rev. Martin Niemöller

Clie T615C + Nokia 6360 (SunCom) --> Treo 650 (Sprint) --> Treo 755p (Sprint) + BlackBerry 7130e (VZW)
    Palm (aka Plantronics) Ultralight Wireless headset
    Helix Holster
    I am not usually one to praise SW, I think each has its own flaws. Additionally, I have never liked Agendus prior to ver 10. But, claiming that datebk5 is better is not accurate. In my view, agendus has datebk beat hands down. Agendus is a program that integrates many PIMs into one, granted they running into some issues now, but they are minor. I have been using ver 10 ever since the beta was made available, now I am on ver 10.01 and it is great (slow to start, but that will be fixed soon). As for support, you are paying less than 10% for agendus as you did for the device, try calling Sprint or Palm then complain about iambic's CS if you see fit!
    Treoing & Loving it
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast