Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Not to add fuel to the fire, but DateBk and Agendus are really aimed at different users.

I've used Action Names (which tuned into Agendus) since version 3, and its old name really reflects its intended goals. If the items in your datebook revolve around the people in your contact list (example: see client John Smith at 4pm next Wednesday, or have a weekly meeting with Mary and Brian every Tuesday at 9am), or most of your ToDos involve your contacts in some way (example: work on John Smith's computerm and complete it by Friday), the Agendus has tools and features that you'll want.

If not, then I think these features would be cumbersome and take up unnecessary space on-screen. In those cases, DateBk is the way to go.

(I have checked in with DateBk over the years to see if it is better suited to the way I work. Nope. But I have a deep respect for its feature set.)

I don't think one is "generally" superior to the other. It just depends on what you do to plan things out.

-Warr
    Progress? Well, at least I can get color traffic maps now...
    Psion 3a -> Psion 3c -> Palm IIIXE -> Palm VIIx -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Centro
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gt5l
    I am on ver 10.01 and it is great (slow to start, but that will be fixed soon).
    The Iambic definition of soon is more than just a tad fuzzy. It could be months before it's fixed.

As for support, you are paying less than 10% for agendus as you did for the device, try calling Sprint or Palm then complain about iambic's CS if you see fit!
    A better comparison would be compare the support for DateBk5 to Agendus--Not only is DateBk5 quicker to respond and issue updates, they are less expensive in the long run as they don't feel the need to issue version updates twice a year to satisfy their pocketbook---a la agendus/iambic.

Frankly, Iambic support/responsiveness is lacking in many ways. Not only do they take forever to respond or issue an update, but should they choose to reply to a post on bugs in their product they spend so much time explaining why their product isn't to blame and it's the multitude of devices on the market that is the reason they can't bring a stable product to market, etc.....ad infinitum.

Hello, if you can't bring a stable product to market on multiple devices, then label the software accordingly, i.e. Agendus for Tungstun devices only, or Agendus for LifeDrive only. Their current state of being slammed for poor customer service and releasing beta software as stable is their own fault.
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    I am not usually one to praise SW, I think each has its own flaws. Additionally, I have never liked Agendus prior to ver 10. But, claiming that datebk5 is better is not accurate. In my view, agendus has datebk beat hands down. Agendus is a program that integrates many PIMs into one, granted they running into some issues now, but they are minor. I have been using ver 10 ever since the beta was made available, now I am on ver 10.01 and it is great (slow to start, but that will be fixed soon).
    Understood. Sure, the relative quality of competing products is almost always a matter of personal priorities and preferences.

As for support, you are paying less than 10% for agendus as you did for the device, try calling Sprint or Palm then complain about iambic's CS if you see fit!
    How is that relevant? You're comparing apples to kumquats. IMHO, that sort of complacency is not merely illogical, it helps to degrade customer service standards even further.

In addition, the poor customer service provided by Sprint and Palm is well-known and well-documented. AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $Iambic$'$s$ $is$ $not$. $Just$ $trying$ $to$ $give$ $people$ $fair$ $warning$. $And$ $I$ $haven$'$t$ $known$ $Sprint$ $or$ $Palm$ $to$ $promise$ $an$ $individualized$ $bug$ $fix$ $and$ $then$ $just$ $stop$ $communicating$ $altogether$. $In$ $my$ $experience$, $they$ $at$ $least$ $have$ $the$ $decency$ $to$ $acknowledge$ $receipt$ $of$ $e$-$mails$, $phone$ $calls$, $etc$.
    ... Als sie mich holten, gab es keinen mehr, der protestieren konnte.
    ... Then they came for me, and there was no one left to speak out.
    -- Rev. Martin Niemöller

Clie T615C + Nokia 6360 (SunCom) --> Treo 650 (Sprint) --> Treo 755p (Sprint) + BlackBerry 7130e (VZW)
    Palm (aka Plantronics) Ultralight Wireless headset
    Helix Holster
  4.    #24  
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
    Anyone else having the POWER SEARCH not working in the PRO version? It returns no results on any search. Ever. Period.

Bek
    Power Search works fine here. I just tried a number of searches, and all responded as expected.

I would recommend, OPTION/Default Settings and trying again. Hope that works for you.
    Browse over to my new forum. http://www.palmfanatic.com

"The wireless telegraph is not difficult to understand. The ordinary telegraph is like a very long cat. You pull the tail in New York, and it meows in Los Angeles. The wireless is the same, only without the cat. " - Albert Einstein

Palm IIIxe - Kyocera 7135 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 -> Palm Vx - Tungsten T3 - Treo 700p
    I have an older version (8.05).

After Yahoo did their last upgrade, any e-mail I recieve from someone using yahoo does not come through right. I wrote Iambic about it. they said they knew about it and were working on the problem. Never heard anything more. Does anyone know if any of the improvements fix this?

Thanks

SPG
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12