Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    My speaker died and MMS has never worked on my Unlocked GSM with a Cingular SIM. I need unlocked because of international travel and I don't want to be force-fed Cingular logos, screens and ringtones I'll never use.

So, I started the escalation process with the vendor (who has been stellar trying to help me deal with PalmOne's dysfunctional support process.)

The off-shored TS person told me I would receive a NEW unit and that it would take 7-10 days for a replacement. When I escalated to an on-shored support person, they said that the unit would be a REFURBISHED model, not new and that they couldn't speed-up the process.

So they finally shipped a unit yesterday and sent me a tracking number. Surprise! Saturday delivery was not selected even though I tild them I needed it by Monday for me to catch an international flight (with a phone I can't hear ring!).

This looks like the last Palm product I buy -- PIII, Pv, Pm515, T650. End of an era -- looks like I'll have to use an overengineered WinCE solution or a Crackberry instead.

Thanks PalmOne for destroying a brand.

(My co-worker is on his 3rd replacement 650 waiting for his 4th. Yes, all manufacturer defects.)

This is a textbook case for the need for consumer protection -- I expect a mobile phone to make and receive calls and freaking RING and not crash several times a day. I'm I being unreasonable?

Alas, the management team will get away with eventually raping the assets and sell off the scraps when things finally collapse. Who cares as long as they get rich off of consumer suckers who fell for the crap they allowed to leave their factory.
    Wow, your post is all over the place. Your title does not really reflect your content. Exactly what is it that you are trying to ask or impart to this community?
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    I don't mind the occassional rant...but did it need its own thread? I think I have seen plenty of this in the class action lawsuit thread. ;-)
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Pretty much ALL replacement hardware you get from ANY vendor are refirbed units, you know. Replacement iPod? Rebirb. Replacement mouse? Refirb.

Heck, I intentionally BOUGHT a refirbed 30 GB ipod from Apple last month for the same price as a 20GB new unit.

You know, if they repaired YOUR unit and returned it, it would be marked as a refirb too.

The replacements not working properly, well, THAT's something to get upset about.

-Warr
    Progress? Well, at least I can get color traffic maps now...
    Psion 3a -> Psion 3c -> Palm IIIXE -> Palm VIIx -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Centro
    refurbished, refurb
    Quote Originally Posted by ttrundle
    refurbished, refurb
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    Quote Originally Posted by lohphat
    My speaker died and MMS has never worked on my Unlocked GSM with a Cingular SIM. I need unlocked because of international travel and I don't want to be force-fed Cingular logos, screens and ringtones I'll never use.

So, I started the escalation process with the vendor (who has been stellar trying to help me deal with PalmOne's dysfunctional support process.)

The off-shored TS person told me I would receive a NEW unit and that it would take 7-10 days for a replacement. When I escalated to an on-shored support person, they said that the unit would be a REFURBISHED model, not new and that they couldn't speed-up the process.

So they finally shipped a unit yesterday and sent me a tracking number. Surprise! Saturday delivery was not selected even though I tild them I needed it by Monday for me to catch an international flight (with a phone I can't hear ring!).

This looks like the last Palm product I buy -- PIII, Pv, Pm515, T650. End of an era -- looks like I'll have to use an overengineered WinCE solution or a Crackberry instead.

Thanks PalmOne for destroying a brand.

(My co-worker is on his 3rd replacement 650 waiting for his 4th. Yes, all manufacturer defects.)

This is a textbook case for the need for consumer protection -- I expect a mobile phone to make and receive calls and freaking RING and not crash several times a day. I'm I being unreasonable?

Alas, the management team will get away with eventually raping the assets and sell off the scraps when things finally collapse. Who cares as long as they get rich off of consumer suckers who fell for the crap they allowed to leave their factory.
    These are the reasons I quit using Palm products.
    Quote Originally Posted by ttrundle
    refurbished, refurb
    Im guessing you didnt like his spelling of refirb?
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

OP, I got a *brand new* rev B (Sprint) as a replacement for my 650. I had a bad headset jack. It didn't take any escalation...they tested it, the 650 failed, I had a new 650 4 days later.

All replacements aren't refurbs.
    Nothing is ever 100%.
    Quote Originally Posted by ericshmerick
    Nothing is ever 100%.
    We die and pay taxes

Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    We die and pay taxes
    I managed to get a deferral of indeterminate length on death but the tax department is much tougher.
    i just found out you dont have to pay taxes, you cant use the public roads,vote etc. though.
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    I'm not expecting perfection. I'm expecting a premium device not to fail performing its primary functions 30% on the time I try to use them.

When the speaker's INOP or BT isn't working, or it's locked-up or sluggish, then it's failing to perform its advertised functionality 100% of the time
    like...duh.
    Im guessing you didnt like his spelling of refirb?
    Yes, thank you
    We die and pay taxes
    pay taxes?
    Quote Originally Posted by lohphat
    I'm not expecting perfection. I'm expecting a premium device not to fail performing its primary functions 30% on the time I try to use them.

When the speaker's INOP or BT isn't working, or it's locked-up or sluggish, then it's failing to perform its advertised functionality 100% of the time
    As long as you didnt do anything to increase the chances of the above from happening, then I understand how frustrated you can be with it (Im STILL on my 600).