1.    #1  
    i have tried to follow almost every piece of advice here in re: to tomtom install. I get this error on install:

ERROR: The following file(s) could not be installed to the SecureDigital (SD) Card because there is no application on your handheld to open these files. If you have recently installed such an application, please run that application and then perform a HotSync operation.
    navigator.cab
    navigator.ini
    usaf3.cab
    usaf3.ini
    Install To Card synchronization failed

I have tried both install to a freshly formatted card and my usual 1gb with alot of other stuff. I have reformatted one card, but no difference. The 2 prc's will get installed but that is it. I am even willing to extract the cab files myself and copy the files onto the card if I knew the exact directory structure. It is not even making the directories on the card.

t650 cingular latest row fw

any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Those look like PC installer files and not the one's that actually get installed to the handheld or SD card.
  3.    #3  
    yes, this much i am aware of. why the heck is the tomtom installer adding those to the install. I've gone as far as uninstalling and reinstalling palm desktop. One thing, i have 2 versions of the palm installer for some reason (one maybe leftover from the t600?) and the old style one seems to be the one getting the install files.
  4.    #4  
    OK, I couldnt come close to getting the installer to work no matter what I did. So, I just extracted the files myself and installed them on the card in the proper directories as per:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...mtom+directory

bam...tomtom opens right up when i put the card in. hoping that i can somehow add the maps now and register.
    For others who might be having this problem, Tomtom's install process is horrific. We have some info in our review of the BT Nav 5 on our site here.

It appears the easiest solution if you have a card reader (or don't mind shelling out a few bucks for one) is to just copy the files over to it rather than having them install via hotsync.
    www.texxors.com - the latest tech news, reviews, and free hardware and software support.

www.datechest.com - Wookin' pa nub? 100% Free dating site with photo profiles and local search.

www.workchest.com - Got love, now need money? Find short term and freelance work.