Quote Originally Posted by MFB
    The following files seems to be missing from your custom ROM:-

MMSDCard.bprc
    MMSDCard_enUS.oprc
    MMSmartAdd.bprc
    MMSmartAdd_enUS.oprc
    PalmVMFontLibrary.bprc
    PalmVMFontLibrary_enUS.oprc

Are those comes with the original ROM ? If yes, could you provide a way to download it. Thanks.
    Treonauts.com no longer crawls in Blazer. : )
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenChoi
    The following files seems to be missing from your custom ROM:-

MMSDCard.bprc
    MMSDCard_enUS.oprc
    MMSmartAdd.bprc
    MMSmartAdd_enUS.oprc
    PalmVMFontLibrary.bprc

Are those comes with the original ROM ? If yes, could you provide a way to download it. Thanks.
    They are not missing. These apps are part of versamail. I removed them (along with the others) since I use snappermail.
    Hi MFB, Is there a way for you to include all the files that a regular dumbo like me who still uses all the original apps, including Versamail? I was hoping Versamail gets updated too, along with other stuff, but i don't know enough to extract these files myself... Also do I install the ROM files the same way? By hotsynching?

Thanks so much
    1.OS is now Garnet 5.4.8
    2.Blazer now ensures it has enough dbcache by pausing a bit prior to launching. This only happens if max db cache is low. I confirmed this using mem info. It has also been updated with a higher version.
    3. Media app has also been updated. I have yet to test this out.

I will be posting the download link for this in an hour. I have tested this thrice and have no problems with installation. Some factory settings will be reset as a result of the rom based apps being upgraded. Take note that this is a stripped down rom. This increases available dbcache for the system.
    I see you've removed Versamail. What else is stripped from the original 1.14 ROM ?

Is there a way to find the full 1.14 software ?

Btw, how did you strip it ? (I mean which version of the Shadowmite RomTool ?)
    I installed MFB's version after playing with firmware 1.43 only for a day. Updated from 1.31/1.13-ROW. So far so good. I will report back if I encounter any problems.
    I used Shadow's rom tool downloaded sometime April 05. I removed the chinese files and other custom apps added by the one who posted it at hi-pda. I also removed versa mail files, calculator and all tips. Real player has already been removed from the downloaded archive I worked on.

I noticed that there was an initial delay when I first sent an sms or turned off the radio (via Profile Care). This however did not happen anymore. Must be due to the fact that its a debug version. Its pretty stable, best condition my Treo has been in since I got it last February. :-)
    They are not missing. These apps are part of versamail. I removed them (along with the others) since I use snappermail.
    Is it true that Blazer also need these files when viewing using small font size ? Could try it with your current custom ROM to confirm. Thanks.

PalmVMFontLibrary.bprc
    Quote Originally Posted by KeyserSoze
    I installed MFB's version after playing with firmware 1.43 only for a day. Updated from 1.31/1.13-ROW. So far so good. I will report back if I encounter any problems.
    Do you have access to Hi-Pda? Can you download what the posted (.rar) and send it to me? (message me your email add)

Let's make the full version available to everyone.
    Jeff,
    I told you about patched copies volumecare in May, they are being paptched by TBE. ProfileCare has also been patched by the same group. These files are hosted on a variaty of sites. You should go after the groups doing the patching, i.e. the source.
    GT
    Treoing & Loving it
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenChoi
    Is it true that Blazer also need these files when viewing using small font size ? Could try it with your current custom ROM to confirm. Thanks.

PalmVMFontLibrary.bprc
    No, Blazer only needs PalmSGHiResFonts for the small fonts. Those two are for versamail (info from shadowmite.com) I'm confirming that I have small fonts working in Blazer. This reply is posted from Blazer using small fonts.
    Quote Originally Posted by cellneuron
    But keep in mind, almost all cracked POS softwares come from PalmWarez.com
    This site hasnt existed for years.

Quote Originally Posted by jgm
    Hi Jeff,

This piracy is happening in another country, likely mainland China as that is where HiPDA appears to be, so you might be better off contacting the commercial section in your consulate in Beijing and asking their advice.

I don't know if it is worth the expense to put up a major fight though. There are not a lot of Treos in China as there is no official distribution network. Most of the units sold have been purchased in Hong Kong by the store owner in China. The pirated version has likely been modified to use only simplified Chinese characters so it would only be useful in mainland China or Singapore. Hong Kong and Taiwan use Traditional Chinese. If they were posting an English version that had been hacked to solve any password issues and avoiding your built in protections then you would have something to worry about.
    I was recently in China and met with the consulate to speak about a number of issues, one of which is IP. Basically, we were told there is no way to get the Chinese to enforce their IP laws because no one is stealing Chinese IP. It's a cost of doing business there, if you bring IP you can bet that it will be stolen.
    iPhone in the Washington DC area.
    Let's make the full version available to everyone.
    Please do, that would be awesome.
    Would it be less risky to just update the radio firmware to 1.43 and leave the ROW alone for now. I really want to fix the GSM freezing problem. I assume you could run the 1.31 radio FW update to take it back to 1.31 if need be.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnteL0pe
    This site hasnt existed for years.

Sorry, I mistyped the address, it is http://www.pilotwarez.com. It has been there active for 6 years.
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).
    Dell X50v, X30 624Mhz and HP ipaq h2210 h1945.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    I have successfully updated to FW 1.43/ROM 1.14 with Garnet 5.4.8 using the file available on page 6. It does work.
    Palm Treo 680
    Unlocked GSM
    any difference with the Bluetooth configuration ?
    handsfree preferences ?
    Quote Originally Posted by ilkeraktuna
    I see you've removed Versamail. What else is stripped from the original 1.14 ROM ?

Is there a way to find the full 1.14 software ?

Btw, how did you strip it ? (I mean which version of the Shadowmite RomTool ?)
    O no... I updated fine but I need Versamail. Does anyone have the original ROM Release?
    please send the full ace-palmos.zip file...
    First of all, where do I even BEGIN to install this? So many prc's (besides language choices), oprc's and pdb's. Guess I'll keep reading and searching the forums.

Before I proceed - has ANYONE noticed any changes in bluetooth functionality with regards to stereo audio or voice? This would be the main thing for me. Everything else is running great right now.

Greg

unlocked/unbranded GSM / T-Mobile / FW 1.31
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast