Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 308
  1. #81  
    Has it fixed the problem with not connecting to the net until you power on/off?
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
  2. #82  
    I am not sure if the included VC in the ROM is cracked or just trial version. Did anybody try it? But keep in mind, almost all cracked POS softwares come from PalmWarez.com, so if Jeff wantes to get your justice, you'd better visit that site. The situation now is PalmWarez.com has been there for 7 years and nobody can ever sue them.

    I just flashed my treo to 1.14ROW, and I am pretty sure that the sound is as big as VC can do, if not bigger. Of course VC still can do more. So my suggestion to Jeff is Concentrating to new development, instead of paying attentions to a few leaked copies.
  3. #83  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTreoGuy
    Has it fixed the problem with not connecting to the net until you power on/off?
    Tell me more about this problem, so that I can test for you.
    "Net" means GSM or GPRS or Bluetooth network?
  4. #84  
    Quote Originally Posted by curlykraut
    I successfully installed FW 1.43 after I cleaned up the palmos.zip file and deleted a bunch of Chinese costom rom stuff. I now have my own customized rom again with FW 1.43.

    The only question I have is the software still shows Treo650-1.13-ROW. The firmware shows 01.43...

    ...I also noticed some BT headset option, which I did not see before. But since I do not use a BT headset, I really don't know.

    What are the different options you see Curlykraut ?

    It seems most of us here only installed the firmware part of this update. Maybe it has some differences in the software part... ?
  5. #85  
    Those of us who've installed FW 1.43: how many have noticed shorter DTMF tones? I didn't have a problem before, but they are definitely faster now. Did anyone have a problem with them before the update? If so, do you find them usable now?
    V > Vx > m505 > m515 > T/T > T3 > TC > 650 > 680
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://download.skype.com/share/skypebuttons/js/skypeCheck.js"></script>
    <a href="skype:wwgamble?call"><img src="http://mystatus.skype.com/balloon/wwgamble" style="border: none;" width="150" height="60" alt="My Skype status" /></a>
  6. #86  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gamble
    Those of us who've installed FW 1.43: how many have noticed shorter DTMF tones? I didn't have a problem before, but they are definitely faster now. Did anyone have a problem with them before the update? If so, do you find them usable now?

    How to check it?
  7. #87  
    Yes, shorter tones, I seem to be able to dial faster, put in passwords faster, I like it so far, I may be making this up, I think the whole thing is working faster. have had no resets, only had one or two a month before so I will see.
    Unlocked -1.51---117-CNG
    Handspring Deluxe w/phone->Treo 180->Treo 650
  8. #88  
    Quote Originally Posted by cellneuron
    How to check it?
    If you never used tones to log into a system before, you not only wouldn't have had a pre-1.43 problem with them, you'd also lack the necessary experience to judge the current ones.
    V > Vx > m505 > m515 > T/T > T3 > TC > 650 > 680
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://download.skype.com/share/skypebuttons/js/skypeCheck.js"></script>
    <a href="skype:wwgamble?call"><img src="http://mystatus.skype.com/balloon/wwgamble" style="border: none;" width="150" height="60" alt="My Skype status" /></a>
  9. #89  
    can someone please give a definate yes or no on if you will be able to install the new offical firmware over this version once it is officially released?
  10. #90  
    Quote Originally Posted by sam-i-am
    can someone please give a definate yes or no on if you will be able to install the new offical firmware over this version once it is officially released?
    No one can say for sure, but that was the case in the past with previous unofficial updates.
    V > Vx > m505 > m515 > T/T > T3 > TC > 650 > 680
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://download.skype.com/share/skypebuttons/js/skypeCheck.js"></script>
    <a href="skype:wwgamble?call"><img src="http://mystatus.skype.com/balloon/wwgamble" style="border: none;" width="150" height="60" alt="My Skype status" /></a>
  11. #91  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gamble
    If you never used tones to log into a system before, you not only wouldn't have had a pre-1.43 problem with them, you'd also lack the necessary experience to judge the current ones.
    Just have him call one of the places that became inavigable due to the long tones and see if it works for him...
  12. #92  
    Quote Originally Posted by sam-i-am
    Just have him call one of the places that became inavigable due to the long tones and see if it works for him...
    But that's just it...if he had to ask, then he never had that problem.
    V > Vx > m505 > m515 > T/T > T3 > TC > 650 > 680
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://download.skype.com/share/skypebuttons/js/skypeCheck.js"></script>
    <a href="skype:wwgamble?call"><img src="http://mystatus.skype.com/balloon/wwgamble" style="border: none;" width="150" height="60" alt="My Skype status" /></a>
  13. #93  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gamble
    No one can say for sure, but that was the case in the past with previous unofficial updates.
    I guess it makes sense - as if they did not allow for the update all the beta testers would be screwed...
  14. #94  
    Quote Originally Posted by ilkeraktuna
    What are the different options you see Curlykraut ?

    It seems most of us here only installed the firmware part of this update. Maybe it has some differences in the software part... ?
    noone ?
  15. #95  
    the software part of the update was not posted. I installed the firmware, but dont think I will see different options because the software is the same.
  16. #96  
    Okay ... is anyone else noticing a problem with their private records password? the quickest way to tell is to try to change the owner info in the prefs screen...
  17. #97  
    Quote Originally Posted by sam-i-am
    Okay ... is anyone else noticing a problem with their private records password? the quickest way to tell is to try to change the owner info in the prefs screen...
    Nope. What do you see?
    V > Vx > m505 > m515 > T/T > T3 > TC > 650 > 680
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://download.skype.com/share/skypebuttons/js/skypeCheck.js"></script>
    <a href="skype:wwgamble?call"><img src="http://mystatus.skype.com/balloon/wwgamble" style="border: none;" width="150" height="60" alt="My Skype status" /></a>
  18. #98  
    Well my password no longer worked, and the hint was changed to "suicide." I'm certain I didn't change it, as I use about 3 different passwords for everything and none of them worked, and I wouldn't have put in suicide as the hint -as that doesn't even make sense.

    Either it was some questionable app that made the change, or as occam's razor would dictate I just changed it myself and forgot (or have multiple personalities, one of which is suicidal).

    Anyway, I fixed it with this: http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...1&prodID=81168
    Last edited by sam-i-am; 10/03/2005 at 04:15 PM. Reason: poor spelling
  19. #99  
    Quote Originally Posted by cellneuron
    Tell me more about this problem, so that I can test for you.
    "Net" means GSM or GPRS or Bluetooth network?
    Net as in internet/web. Many many of us on both Sprint CDMA (like me) or GSM have found that unless we power off and then on our Treos they won't connect to the web. It just suddenly started happening about 3 weeks ago and in the last few days it has gotten much worse. When I started happening, the power off/on trick would fix it for about a day. Now, it happens multiple times each day!
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
  20. #100  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTreoGuy
    Net as in internet/web. Many many of us on both Sprint CDMA (like me) or GSM have found that unless we power off and then on our Treos they won't connect to the web. It just suddenly started happening about 3 weeks ago and in the last few days it has gotten much worse. When I started happening, the power off/on trick would fix it for about a day. Now, it happens multiple times each day!
    In your case, the point is moot, since this update is GSM only.
    Last edited by Bill Gamble; 10/03/2005 at 04:30 PM.
    V > Vx > m505 > m515 > T/T > T3 > TC > 650 > 680
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://download.skype.com/share/skypebuttons/js/skypeCheck.js"></script>
    <a href="skype:wwgamble?call"><img src="http://mystatus.skype.com/balloon/wwgamble" style="border: none;" width="150" height="60" alt="My Skype status" /></a>
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions