Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 308
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanc2
    How are the DMTF tones? Are they shorter than 1.31?
    They are about ~1 second or just a little shorter than 1 second now. I did not use them before.... so it's hard to tell.
  2. #22  
    Yeah, I've had issues lately and may consider the FW option, which I've avoided thus far. I guess I'll see how desperate I get...
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
  3. #23  
    I don't get the daily freezes that 'we all have', but I DO have a bluetooth headset, and would really like to know if this FW takes us in the direction of stereo audio via bluetooth (as well as phone of course).

    Greg

    unlocked/unbranded GSM / T-Mobile
  4. #24  
    Can anyone who have the FW 1.43 ROM please upload it to somewhere like Rapidshare so that we can share ?

    Thanks
  5. #25  
    Try to get the file here http://pickup.mofile.com/7027015851618761 Its the same file according the one who posted it. However, you only need to get the firmware related files to upgrade to 1.43
    Last edited by MFB; 10/02/2005 at 08:21 AM.
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by siriusbliss
    I don't get the daily freezes that 'we all have', but I DO have a bluetooth headset, and would really like to know if this FW takes us in the direction of stereo audio via bluetooth (as well as phone of course).

    Greg

    unlocked/unbranded GSM / T-Mobile
    I doubt it.

    Following the Hindu Gita philosophy helps in this regard: Just do your duty (buy the next Treo) and don't have any expectations about the results. You won't be setting up to getting dissappointed ... :-)
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by curlykraut
    I successfully installed FW 1.43 after I cleaned up the palmos.zip file and deleted a bunch of Chinese costom rom stuff. I now have my own customized rom again with FW 1.43.

    The only question I have is the software still shows Treo650-1.13-ROW. The firmware shows 01.43.


    Curly

    Firmware related files are not found in the acepalmos.zip Can you post the file you got by uploading it to yousendit.com? Im currently downloading the file via the mofile link I found in the other thread of hipda. I dont think I will find the firmware upgrade files there.
    Last edited by MFB; 10/02/2005 at 09:14 AM.
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by MFB
    Firmware related files are not found in the acepalmos.zip Can you post the file you got by uploading it to yousendit.com? Im currently downloading the file via the mofile link I found in the other thread of hipda. I dont think I will find the firmware upgrade files there.
    Update:

    I got the files already and used the firmwareupdaterapp from the 1.31 file I posted before. The one that came with the posted rom was oprc. I already upgraded my firmware.

    Instructions:

    1. Have at least 7mb ram free
    2. Unzip and install in ram (can either be done using resco explorer or handzipper) You can also unzip and install via hotsync.
    3. Tap on the GSM updater icon found in your launcher
    4. If your radio is on, it will be automatically turned off.
    5. If you are low in battery, it will advice you to plug in before proceeding
    6. Version displayed on the screen is unknown. This is because I used the 1.31 firmwareupdater.prc app instead of the oprc included in the package. (oprc cannot be seen in the launcher)


    Sources from Hi Pda mentioned improvements in network connections and volume. I'll keep you guys updated as I find out what has changed. Also, I've been told weeks ago of a ROM upgrade for the Treo 650. It seems my source was indeed telling the truth. I also have the software that comes with the Firmware. Contents of the acepalmos.zip is August 6 whereas the Cingular files are from June.

    PS. This is beta firmware. I do not take responsibility for anything that may happen to your Treo. It cost me 8 dollars to get into Mofile



    Download 1.43 Firmware Update zip from yousendit.com
    Last edited by MFB; 10/02/2005 at 10:08 AM.
  9. #29  
    For those who have installed this 1.43 update.... do you get a new stereo bluetooth profile or not ?

    stipus
  10. #30  
    Wow, I can now get connected to my gsm network in just 15 secs!!!
  11. #31  
    Is this update gsm only? Will it give a sprint phone any benifits?
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyedeas
    Is this update gsm only? Will it give a sprint phone any benifits?
    GSM only
  13. #33  
    Wow, I can now get connected to my gsm network in just 15 secs!!!
    What do you mean ??? I just clocked my 1.28, and it connected to my gsm network 7 secs after I entered my PIN
  14. #34  
    I send .oprc , .bprc and other firmware files to my treo650 by bluetooth. It show GSM update icon in my palm launcher. After upgrade I can see firmware 1.43. Phone volume in handset is much lounder and can use now. I do not found any problem since upgrade 6 hours ago.
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by MFB
    Firmware related files are not found in the acepalmos.zip Can you post the file you got by uploading it to yousendit.com? Im currently downloading the file via the mofile link I found in the other thread of hipda. I dont think I will find the firmware upgrade files there.
    I found two different files, one was called ace-palmos.zip, which, as you said, only contains the OS with files dated August 22. I also found a rar file called palm_141.rar, which actually has the 1.43 firmware and the complete update in it, starting from the /palm directory. It appears that both have the same ace-palmos.zip file content. I cleaned out and created my own custom ROM because the one in the files contain a bunch of Chinese apps along with another zip file (tealcalc_121...rar) inside of it!! Beware! This could potentially be a big pronblem.
  16. #36  
    Curlykraut,

    I just posted the 1.43 firmware files and not the entire package. I got the one from the rar since that is complete and is from the updated post.

    Network connection speed result may vary but prior to 1.43 it would take me almost 30 seconds to connect.

    DMTF tones are definitely shorter now. Speakerphone/handset Volume increased and is clearer too.
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by MFB
    DMTF tones are definitely shorter now. Speakerphone/handset Volume increased and is clearer too.
    Yes, definitely true.

    The only thing I see is after a (soft or hard) reset and before the phone screen or app screen is displayed, I see a white screen for a 2-3 seconds before the app screen is shown. Not a big deal since I hope that I will not have to reset as much anymore
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by stipus
    For those who have installed this 1.43 update.... do you get a new stereo bluetooth profile or not ?

    stipus
    that would require an update of the bluetooth stack to 2.0 which this does not do...read the first page of this thread
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by curlykraut
    I found two different files, one was called ace-palmos.zip, which, as you said, only contains the OS with files dated August 22. I also found a rar file called palm_141.rar, which actually has the 1.43 firmware and the complete update in it, starting from the /palm directory. It appears that both have the same ace-palmos.zip file content. I cleaned out and created my own custom ROM because the one in the files contain a bunch of Chinese apps along with another zip file (tealcalc_121...rar) inside of it!! Beware! This could potentially be a big pronblem.
    curlykraut, will you be willing to cleanup the Chinese apps and other third party apps and stuffs that are not in the original updater and upload it somewhere for us to share ?

    Thanks in advance
  20. #40  
    I just upgraded and have not experienced any problems. However, I don't feel that the new Firmware connects to the GSM network any faster than previously. I'm on Orange F.

    Will keep you posted if I notice any difference compaired to 1.31.
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions