Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516
    Never-mind...found everything I needed. Sorry for the post.
    Ok...I know this is so rudimentary compared to what you all know here, but the Full ROM version of 1.43 downloads without instructions. Anyplace for that? I did search, but couldn’t find (maybe it’s very obvious, but I don’t want any nightmares).

I have:
    Folder: ‘1.43’
    Folder ‘Palm’
    Folder: ‘DeviceCustomizer’ & Start.prc

I am running an unlocked Treo 650 on T-Mobile
    Firmware 1.28
    Software Treo650 1.13-ROW

Thanks for your help...
    I have the known "Armcode not allocated" when launching TomTom 5 (or 5.12). It has been reported to be related to the gabrage that BackupMan 1.53 leave after each backup in Treo chache.

Do the improvment, from this point of view, that the new ROM (1.43 or the official 1.51) will give allow us to use togheter these 2 sw (without manual resetting and so on)??
    Ciao.
    Vittore
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    HS Treo 180 -> HS Treo 270 -> Palm Treo 650 GSM (1.71-1.20ENA Custom) + Treo BT Headset + TomTom 5.201 & Holux GPS 236 BT Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by vittogn
    I have the known "Armcode not allocated" when launching TomTom 5 (or 5.12). It has been reported to be related to the gabrage that BackupMan 1.53 leave after each backup in Treo chache.

Do the improvment, from this point of view, that the new ROM (1.43 or the official 1.51) will give allow us to use togheter these 2 sw (without manual resetting and so on)??
    I only saw a minor increase in available cache when I went from 1.31 to 1.43...

I'm not an expert, but perhaps there is a way to set the dbcache program to clear to the cache that backupman leaves???
    OK, I think I read every post here and I didn't see anyone mention this. I have been waiting a long time for this; my unlocked P1 branded 650 will now...drum roll please...

SILENCE THE RINGER WITH THE SIDE KEYS!!! YES!!! Just like it says it will in the damn manual. Maybe eveyone else's has been doing this, but mine NEVER has.

The slow/no wake up for three presses is GONE for me but I've only been testing since I left work today, this wass the last thing I did before I packed up. I have gotten some distortion on a couple of calls, but it seems to be related to te connection when the call begins, if I hang up and call back all is well. It feels faster and it hasn't crashed yet (not that I expect it would in 6 hours, I don't have problems like that).

I'm in an area tonight without EDGE so I'm not even going to check Blazer speeds until tomorrow.

On the subject of volume care, even if palm ups the volume on the earpiece, who cares. I really dig the volume bar at the bottom that Jeff has started using and the mic volume boost makes it much easier to hear me in all situations and like Jeff said earlier you can choose to boost the ringer, the back speaker for apps and other things. Also being able to set the default that each speaker starts at independantly is very nice. This way I can crank the handset speaker to 3/4 to begin with (then have a bit more boost if I need it) and then leave the speaker phone set lower to begin with. You will never get such a robust volume UI or options for Palm. I just love the volume display bar replacing the stock one, I didn't update VC for a whilw and when I did a wekk ago i was AMAZED at all the little nuances that were built in now, this dude has really outdone himself.

I hope you are working on coding in Windows Mobile 5 Jeff because I'd like to take VC to the new one I'll buy in 06.
    Quote Originally Posted by vittogn
    I've been using TT 5 and then 5.12 since it was released and had the same problem with the "arm code not allocated".

I have not had any problems with it since I did a zero out reset on my treo over 6 weeks ago. I'm running 1.28/1.13 ROW on an unlocked GSM treo 650.

I also use backupman 1.53 with no problems.
    Unlocked GSM Treo 650, Holux GPSlim236 GPS BT receiver & Tom Tom v5.201
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeProcter
    I've been using TT 5 and then 5.12 since it was released and had the same problem with the "arm code not allocated".

I have not had any problems with it since I did a zero out reset on my treo over 6 weeks ago. I'm running 1.28/1.13 ROW on an unlocked GSM treo 650.

Thanks Mike. How many MB do you have as free space (before TT5)?
    Ciao.
    Vittore
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    HS Treo 180 -> HS Treo 270 -> Palm Treo 650 GSM (1.71-1.20ENA Custom) + Treo BT Headset + TomTom 5.201 & Holux GPS 236 BT Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeProcter

Sorry Mike.........one more question: after the zero out reset, did u restore your RAM (with BackupMan for example) or did you install again everything on both you pc and Treo?

Thanks a lot.
    Ciao.
    Vittore
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516