Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 510111213141516 LastLast
    Who can make a summary for people like us that are starting to be lost with what's needed to obtain this upgrade.

A short overview of what gets updated by the FW upgrade versus what gets updated by the SW upgrade.

What will the FW ugrade will do:
    - Which bug will be fixed ?
    - Which app or functionality will be lost ?
    - New release version of changed apps, if any ?

How should it be done:
    - Which version is compatible for this upgrade (ie. Treo650-1.13-ROW FW/1.28 etc...) ?
    - What files are needed ?
    - Step by step install ?

My FAQuestion:
    - will this upgrade affect additional language (is this SW or FW related)?
    Last edited by dineau; 10/08/2005 at 09:27 AM.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Is this firmware available for download anywhere? The yousendit link won't work. Any bittorrent capable folks here? I can host it on my T1 if others will pitch in also.
    Here is a link to the firmware ONLY folder:

http://s39.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0...R1GXGOVPM6RXZL

This is a limited download time.
    Quote Originally Posted by joolsca
    Here is a link to the firmware ONLY folder:

http://s39.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0...R1GXGOVPM6RXZL

This is a limited download time.

Thanks...That made it simple..

I just copied the files to my SD Card and then ran the update from there (on top of 1.31)...took 5 minutes and now I'm running 1.43 (and all of my settings and Apps where left in place)...

Definetely increased the volume..I'll have to play around to see what else I notice
    I downloaded the FW 1.43 only file .. After synch I got a "Fimware" icon which I tapped and got the following error: "The application cannot be launched because it is missing localization information." Any idea what's wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by tribeca
    I downloaded the FW 1.43 only file .. After synch I got a "Fimware" icon which I tapped and got the following error: "The application cannot be launched because it is missing localization information." Any idea what's wrong?
    Yes, you have not actually installed all of the files.
    You were right. This time I copied all seven files to my card and the install went fine. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    guess its still safer to wait for the official update (if there are any).
    Does anyone know if it is possible to install the bluetooth carkit stuff using this firmware update? On shadowmite's site, he has the files, but they won't overwrite the ROM files.
    My apologies for not posting a replacement to the expired 1.43 firmware only download link. I'll just edit that later.

I've upgraded (again)back to 1.14 . I was inspired by the reported success at Mapalad.org that I just had to try again. My previous Blazer reset problems and screen artifacts appearing or disappearing text (happens with downloads or big web pages such as Treonauts) have been resolved by removing Scrolljump and Fontsmoother. The long display of the palm logo when ProfileCare turns off my Radio at night is bearable. Echoing was resolved by VolumeCare. Treo is indeed stable and I have had no resets for 2 days already. I also purposely turned off my backup profile I ProfileCare since I want to see how long I can last without a manual reset. ;-) I was able to purposely bring down dbcache to 1200 free and 900 max. I was expecting a reset upon launching Blazer but it didn't. I loaded the entire page of Treonauts with pics. Upon exit, I checked mem info only to be surprised that I now have 10 mb free with 6 max! Btw, my Blazer cache is set at 5mb and is enabled to clear upon exit. This set up is stable for my use.

A cool feature with this upgrade is an option to send an sms when a call is missed. Previously only Call Back was available. I believe this is already preset with the other carrier upgrades.

I'll definitely be using this while waiting for Palm's official upgrade. :-)

PS: I still owe you guys a version with Versamail and calculator. I'll post link later
    I haven't seen any differences, at all, with FW 1.43 so I went directly back to FW 1.31. No problems going back.
    why did you go back? 1.43 seems very stable for me.
    I went back because there was nothing different happening, nothing faster, nothing slower..no difference from 1.31. Both 1.31 and 1.43 were very stable. Since 1.43 is not from Palm, I didn't see any benefit worth the risk of staying with a non-Palm FW.
    Its from Palm, its just not for us end users. The 1.31 Firmware I previously posted was also disowned by Palm even if I told them I got it from the Cingular package. If its not used for what it was intended for, then its not from Palm. Its wise for them to do this as not to claim responsibility for our actions. Only Palm has access to their OS and firmware.

To answer the difference between 1.31 and 1.43 firmware: its just the improved mic, volume and faster DTMF tones that sets it apart. Some users (like me) have reported faster network connections upon radio on.
    Thanks for the info, I'll go back to the 1.43 again then.
    Global Posts
    377 Global Posts
    Upgraded to FW1.43 yesterday. I've noticed better clarity, more volume and clarity for both handset and speakerphone.
    I've disabled VolumeCare for the moment - looks like I'm not in need of it any more...
    JoranG
    Treo650 Unlocked GSM (Cust ROM 1.71/1.20 ENA w/ FAT32.prc) - TomTom Navigator v5 (Western Europe Maps)
    Anyone has experience with Verichat and 1.43? I keep getting self resets (almost 1 every one to two hours) when i have myself connected to the EDGE network.
    Global Posts
    377 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by christine
    This is a debug ROM and it contains various debug info that the Palm engineers use to debug the phone. So that makes it somewhat larger and slower than the corresponding release ROM.
    Does this mean that the FULL version of the ROM is to large for my ROW Treo650?
    JoranG
    Treo650 Unlocked GSM (Cust ROM 1.71/1.20 ENA w/ FAT32.prc) - TomTom Navigator v5 (Western Europe Maps)
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cookie319
    Anyone has experience with Verichat and 1.43? I keep getting self resets (almost 1 every one to two hours) when i have myself connected to the EDGE network.
    I've been using the 1.14 / 1.43 version for two days now, with Verichat 2.23b-tz (the T-Zones build) and have had no resets nor any problems!

I'm also running Chatter, Ptunes, VersaMail, ZLauncher, & Ringo....
    Could someone please re-post the 1.43 firmware. All the links are dead. While you're at it, I would also appreciate the 1.13 or 1.14. I'll try to be quick.