Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4910111213141516 LastLast
    Maybe i am dense or maybe i just didnt read it close enough but how do i go about flashing just the firmware from this 1.43_1.14DBG_ROM as i do not want to change SW

thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by osiris32
    Maybe i am dense or maybe i just didnt read it close enough but how do i go about flashing just the firmware from this 1.43_1.14DBG_ROM as i do not want to change SW

thanks
    Download the firmware only file from post #28, load on your sd card or ram and run the updater program.
    it's telling me the file cannot be found. does anyone have it ?
    PM me your email addy.
    Quote Originally Posted by sam-i-am
    I have it, but my understanding is that it does not work with this fw.

Here it is anyway, can you confirm if it works or not?
    Sam,

Sorry I wasn't being clear. I wanted the .prc that DOES WORK with this new fw. The one I have (the same one you posted), does NOT work with this new fw.

Thanks anyway

KeNg
    I've gone to 1.43/1.13 and it seems okay, but it didn't solve my problem of the ringer not sounding if I have a picture ID associated with a contact. As soon as I remove the picture, the phone rings as it should.

I do not have ANY ring tone altering program like lightwave or ringo installed and NEVER have.....does anyone know why this would be happening??
    I've been following this thread for all 13 pages, and I would like to update just the firmware. I am happy with my software, don't want to lose my calculator, and want to improve RF and bluetooth only. So what I need to know is,
    1: What is the best link to get the firmware updater from?
    2: How can I apply it. SD Card method or HotSync?

Thanks
    Mike
    I tried clicking on the link in message #28 and got an error saying the link is no longer valid. Should I use the other link in a later message that is provided? Thanks.
    Are you trying to get Firmware 1.43 only or the entire 1.43/1.14dbg? The new download link from rapidshare should be working.
    Ghost of Cain,

I read your post at shadowmite's forum. Its best you share it to the guys here what exactly happened so they will not do it and commit the same mistake. It wasn't the fault of the Firmware upgrade.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFB
    Are you trying to get Firmware 1.43 only or the entire 1.43/1.14dbg? The new download link from rapidshare should be working.

I'm thinking of doing the 1.43 updater to my unlocked/unbranded GSM phone, but am a little hesitant. Any reason I shouldn't try it?
    So, I tried to run the updater from the card. I got a message at the bottom at the bottom of the screen that says "No ROM image directory found. Installing from Device." Huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalEarth
    I'm thinking of doing the 1.43 updater to my unlocked/unbranded GSM phone, but am a little hesitant. Any reason I shouldn't try it?
    I updated firmware only to my unlocked unbranded GSM phone and had absolutely no problem at all during install or after. Still, backing everything up before any upgrade is a good idea.
    i'm still confused. i downloaded the file (from 28-yesterday), opened it up and there are 20 or or items in there, including some zip files. which of these things do you move over? do you just copy everything over to a sd card? or is there one or two of the items that will take care of everything? do you open the internal zip files? i wasn't going to do this but for some reason after working pretty much flawlessly for 6 months my treo starting freezing and going in to the slow-down mode that many threads deal with. seems that at least some people are seeing the freezing getting better with this firmware upgrade. so, which of the files do i use. once you get whichever need to go on the card, which do you use to start the update?

thanks

alan
    No, the firmware update only has 7 files and you would copy (by Palm installer) all 7 to RAM and just run the updater app.
    Sounds like you downloaded the whole ROM/Firmware update folder (which I wouldn't recommend, from personal experience).
    I also advice to just upgrade the firmware.
    Hi I use MFB's stripped down ROM. However my bluetooth show 1.0W. Have I gone wrong somewhere? Thanks
    Hi MFB, the stripped down ROM has the bluetooth software as 1.0W. Is that a mistake? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by MFB
    I also advice to just upgrade the firmware.
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalEarth
    You could render your 650 an expensive doorstop. There is a certain way it can get screwed up that it can't be fixed. The update is "unofficial" so P1 won't help you if you get yourself into trouble. The update likely still has hidden bugs which will cause you endless frustration.

I, for one, am going to wait for the official release - be it a week, a month, or longer. Probably will be longer.
    Factory unlocked/unbranded GSM 650 - Tmobile; FW: 1.71; SW: 1.20-ENA; Carrier DB: 255; HW: A

If I'm repeating what someone has already said look at how long the thread is and ask yourself if you really expect me to read the whole thing.
    Novifilms,

If you just want to upgrade your firmware, there should be 7 files. Just move those to RAM or your SD card and run the updater. It sounds like you have the full 1.14/1.43 custom ROM. Unless you want to update the software on your phone, I wouldn't install that and just download the 1.43 firmware.