1.    #1  
    Hi gang,

I'm trying to use VersaMail to send & receive email. My ISP uses "POP before SMTP" authentication in order for me to send email, but I don't see this option in VersaMail.

SnapperMail has had this feature for a very long time, and I am successfully able to send & receive email in SnapperMail. However, with VersaMail, I can only RECEIVE email -- I can't SEND any email.

Does anyone have any idea how I can send messages with VersaMail?

(p.s. I normally use SnapperMail... but my SnapperMail crashed & I can't get it working & I'm on the road without my personal computer. VersaMail is my only choice right now!)

Thank you,
    Scott
    Quote Originally Posted by scotty321
    Hi gang,

I'm trying to use VersaMail to send & receive email. My ISP uses "POP before SMTP" authentication in order for me to send email, but I don't see this option in VersaMail.

SnapperMail has had this feature for a very long time, and I am successfully able to send & receive email in SnapperMail. However, with VersaMail, I can only RECEIVE email -- I can't SEND any email.

(p.s. I normally use SnapperMail... but my SnapperMail crashed & I can't get it working & I'm on the road without my personal computer. VersaMail is my only choice right now!)

Thank you,
    Scott
    Not sure which network you are on but I am on Sprint's. If you open Versamail, click account setup: Versamail then walks you through configuring..I use Gmail as my pop incoming and for outgoing I use Sprint's. Example smtp.sprintpcs.com. Remember to include your username and password from your ISP. Sprint requires a separate password to setup a mobile email client so I had to demand a tier 2 rep on the phone to get it going. It works pretty neat. Hope this helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by scotty321
    Hi gang,

If you can't figure out how to get it working with Versamail, you can always use Blazer and go to Mail2web.com to check & send mail, until you get home.

Thank you,
    Scott
    If you can't figure out how to get it working with Versamail, you can always use Blazer and go to Mail2web.com to check & send mail, until you get home.
    iPhone on AT&T, Waiting for the Pre
  4.    #4  
    Thanks guys, for the great tips!
    scotty -
    i believe this is called 'esmtp' in versamail - check under the advanced account setup options.