1.    #1  
    Ok, if I press on the left side (just to the left of the * key area on the left back side of my treo 600) I can make the vertical lines go away.

the problem is not consistant. it comes and goes.

so question is...do I want to try to take my treo 600 apart to fix; assuming there is a 'fix' that one can do to begin with or do I pray it last until the first of the year and then pray again palm has a newer treo out after the current 650 model?

thanks for any input
    take it in and see if they'll replace it - i swapped mine out at a Sprint store with the same issue with no problems
    The verticle lines are usually due to incomplete data reaching the screen. If the unit is still under warranty or if you have a service contract with your provider, bring it in. If not, you might want to open the unit and make sure the screen ribbon cable is correctly seated.
    Yeah, if it's still covered by the warranty, take it in. The ribbon goes from the screen to a flat piece where it's attached to a connector. If you press on that flat piece, you'll notice that the lines will go away. I was having trouble with lines and put a piece of foam to apply slight pressure to that flat part and closed the case on it. The lines haven't come back yet.
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by illkraft
    Yeah, if it's still covered by the warranty, take it in. The ribbon goes from the screen to a flat piece where it's attached to a connector. If you press on that flat piece, you'll notice that the lines will go away. I was having trouble with lines and put a piece of foam to apply slight pressure to that flat part and closed the case on it. The lines haven't come back yet.
    I know this is an old thread, but can you explain in a little more detail ? I just got this problem on my old 600 and wanted to give it to my daughter - she loves it anyway, but the issue bugs me.

thanks.