Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    After going through 8 number of headsets, I finally settled on one. Here's my review:

Jabra 250V:
    - pros: secure around the ears and for the most part, comfortable. vibrate is a great feature. Good battery life.
    - cons: lots of static. had to practically hold the phone next to my ears.

Jabra BT800:
    - pros: having a display was interesting
    - cons: lots of static. not very secure on the ear. too heavy. too complicated to use.

Moto HS850:
    - pros: power off when folded was handy. was able to clip on my pocket closed. very comfortable. Good battery life.
    - cons: manually had to pick up the call. low volume and some static.

Logitech Mobile Freedom:
    - pros: none.
    - cons: lots of static, felt cheap. uncomfortable to wear around my ears.

Treo BT headset:
    - pros: uses the same charger as the Treo. Quick hand-off.
    - cons: lots of static, uncomfortable

Cardo Scala 500:
    - pros: small and comfortable. redial and mute is nice (caused my Treo to reset the first few times but worked well after)
    - cons: lots of static. voice sounds digital on the other end.

SonyEricsson 660:
    - pros: decent call quality w/o much static. display was nice but didn't use it much since it's so small.
    - cons: very uncomfortable on my ears. Took to long to put on.

Plantronics Voyager 510:
    - pros: decent call quality w/o much static. very comfortable. Redial and mute.
    - cons: none so far

Obviously, as you can tell from reading the review, the one I settled on for now is the Plantronics. I almost gave up on BT headsets but will try this one for a while. I think everyone has different experiences with their BT headset depending on their environment and their threshold.

DP
    Last edited by dpark; 09/30/2005 at 10:16 PM.
    Do you mean the Plantronics Voyager 510? I cant find any info for an 810 on the Plantronics website.
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    Virginia Beach, VA but home will
    always be Honolulu, HI
    LOL-I was trying to find a pic of it as well. I saw the 810, over the ear design with a small boom type of mic.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Likewise, assuming you mean the PLatronics Voyager 510. Nice headset it seems.. But, I just got my new Platronics Discovery 640 in!!!

Great headset!!! No problems to report, at all, thus far...

http://www.blueunplugged.com/Product...ductKey=115719
    Ditto hear. The battery life is outstanding, better than the moto and palm bt headsets that i've tried.
    Quote Originally Posted by disting_gent
    Likewise, assuming you mean the PLatronics Voyager 510. Nice headset it seems.. But, I just got my new Platronics Discovery 640 in!!!

Not sure I understand the AAA battery thing. Is this like a backup thing for the Lithium Battery? Also the link does not show it is compatible with the Treo phone. Does it work better than others you have tried?
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by cgordonn
    Do you mean the Plantronics Voyager 510? I cant find any info for an 810 on the Plantronics website.
    Sorry I meant Plantronics Voyager 510. Made the change on my original post.

DP
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by disting_gent

Thanks for the reminder. Just ordered mine to test side by side with the 510.
    Quote Originally Posted by dpark
    Sorry I meant Plantronics Voyager 510. Made the change on my original post
    Thanks for the correction. Looks like Buy.com has it listed for $42.87 WITH free shipping. Thats much cheaper then the TreoStrore price of $64.95 BEFORE shipping.
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    always be Honolulu, HI
    I ordered mine yesterday. Cant wait to try it.
    Cool, thanks for the update. My wife has been complaining that she can't hear me on the headset.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    I too have tried many other BT headsets from the Jabra and Motorola and have also settled on the Plantronics Voyager 510. it has the best volume for me, even in side the car, I have to turn it down some as sometimes it is too loud. I have worn it for over 3-4 hours and my ear does not feel fatigued. Maybe oneday I would like to try the Platronics Discovery 640. God Bless.
    Does it connect quickly on outgoing and ring quickly on incoming? I've got a SE HBH-660 and I appreciate the lightning quick connects.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by acousticbiker
    Does it connect quickly on outgoing and ring quickly on incoming? I've got a SE HBH-660 and I appreciate the lightning quick connects.
    I don't remember how quickly the HBH-660 connects but I'm finding that the Voyager 510 connects on an incoming call at between 1 and 2 rings which I think is fine for me.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by dpark
    After going through 8 number of headsets, I finally settled on one. Here's my review:

Jabra 250V:
    - pros: secure around the ears and for the most part, comfortable. vibrate is a great feature. Good battery life.
    - cons: lots of static. had to practically hold the phone next to my ears.

Jabra BT800:
    - pros: having a display was interesting
    - cons: lots of static. not very secure on the ear. too heavy. too complicated to use.

Moto HS850:
    - pros: power off when folded was handy. was able to clip on my pocket closed. very comfortable. Good battery life.
    - cons: manually had to pick up the call. low volume and some static.

Logitech Mobile Freedom:
    - pros: none.
    - cons: lots of static, felt cheap. uncomfortable to wear around my ears.

Treo BT headset:
    - pros: uses the same charger as the Treo. Quick hand-off.
    - cons: lots of static, uncomfortable

Cardo Scala 500:
    - pros: small and comfortable. redial and mute is nice (caused my Treo to reset the first few times but worked well after)
    - cons: lots of static. voice sounds digital on the other end.

SonyEricsson 660:
    - pros: decent call quality w/o much static. display was nice but didn't use it much since it's so small.
    - cons: very uncomfortable on my ears. Took to long to put on.

Plantronics Voyager 510:
    - pros: decent call quality w/o much static. very comfortable. Redial and mute.
    - cons: none so far

Obviously, as you can tell from reading the review, the one I settled on for now is the Plantronics. I almost gave up on BT headsets but will try this one for a while. I think everyone has different experiences with their BT headset depending on their environment and their threshold.

DP

Jabra BT500 (just tested on 10/2):

I really wanted to like this one since I think this series has the best design but sadly, no...

- pros: slick design, black chrome and very flat. Best looking headset so far. Very comfortable.
    - cons: Too expensive, over $119 at local BB. Little better in sound quarlity than the 250V but still a lot of static. Poops out at about 15' ft from the Treo. Single button to mute, redial, answer is a little confusing trying to figure when to "tap" and when to "press". Slow to pick up calls. After multiple attempts, it will only pick up until after 3 rings. When dialing out, it often picks up the call after the receipient has already answered for a few seconds.

Still sticking with my Plantronics Voyager 510. Went further than the BT500 even though at 15', it too was getting statickie. Pick up is pretty quick both answering and calling out.

Next on the list to test is the Plantronics Discovery 640 (have it on order) and the upcoming HBH-610a from Sony Ericsson (not in market yet).

As you can tell, I'm sort of obsessed with find a decent BT headset for my Treo...
    Last edited by dpark; 10/02/2005 at 09:14 PM.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangy Girl
    I ordered mine yesterday. Cant wait to try it.
    Let me know what you think. Just tried the BT500 today. See thread for my feedback. Returning it back to BB this week. :-(
    I picked up a BT500 last week and had high hopes for it, but alas it went back to Best Buy. I was very pleased with the overall design and function of it, as well as pleased with the incoming sound quality. However, the outgoing sound quality turned out to be pretty bad. Everyone I spoke with complained that I sounded horrible.

Based on DPARKS write up, I ordered the Plantronics Voyager 510 from Buy.com for $42.87 with FREE shipping. Much cheaper then the TreoCentral store price and less then half of what I paid for the BT500.
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    always be Honolulu, HI
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by cgordonn
    I picked up a BT500 last week and had high hopes for it, but alas it went back to Best Buy. I was very pleased with the overall design and function of it, as well as pleased with the incoming sound quality. However, the outgoing sound quality turned out to be pretty bad. Everyone I spoke with complained that I sounded horrible.

Based on DPARKS write up, I ordered the Plantronics Voyager 510 from Buy.com for $42.87 with FREE shipping. Much cheaper then the TreoCentral store price and less then half of what I paid for the BT500.

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one that was disappointed with the BT500. Too bad since I really liked the way it looked. Good luck with the Voyager 510. Let me know what you think.
    So far, I've tried the Logitech mobile pro and the Sony HBH-660. Here's my take on the two.

The LMP sounds great both for incoming and outgoing calls. I did begin to notice some static at about 15' away from the phone, not bad...but some. And considering there was one wall in between myself and the phone, I'd say that's pretty good. Putting it on my ear couldn't have been easier and the fit was great. The volume was actually quiet good and I found myself turning it down on a few occasions. The only thing I couldn't get past was it's awesome size. Although I didn't notice the size much when it was on my head, people on the street definately did.

The HBH-660 is a lot more discrete and fits well over the ear, although putting it on and taking it off took a little effort, but that may get better with time. Static on this unit was less of an issue in the same environment and started at about 20'. I didn't find the caller id display very useful for incoming phone numbers as it is very small and the numbers scroll across the tiny screen. For caller id, I relied more on looking at the treo screen. I did however appreciate the battery icon and the volume icons and for those things alone, I think the screen is worth it. My biggest problem with the 660 is the low volume. Even at the highest setting it is way too low. I tried using the Jabra ear gels which did make it substantially louder, but the ear gels don't really fit that great. I also tried the using bt/mute trick which did absolutely nothing.
    So, for my next test, the Plantronics 510...I got one on order and we'll see how it stacks up.
    Cheers
    Hey all new to the forum lots of great info. Thanks

I have a Sprint 650 with the 1.12 updater installed and jabra bt250v. The static is pretty bad. I would say that it is useless. Great design poor signal strength. I have to hold it at my neck to get a clear sound. Sort of defeats the purpose.

On another note has anyone seen or used a SE HBH 300? I noticed that they are out on the 4th.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast