1.    #1  
    I've been seriously thinking about getting Yahoo Music. (save the flames) My question is can you download the music in WMA format or only MP3?

Again, I know all the arguments on both sides. But the bottom line is that I can fit more music on my 1GB card in WMA format than MP3. And when I'm at the gym with my Treo, with there music in the background, the difference in sound quality is just not that big a deal.

Thanks in advance for the info.
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    If you are speaking aobut Yahoo Music Unlimited then the only way to play the WMA files is to use Pocket Tunes. It is the only Palm 'player' that can handle the DRM encrytion scheme. I play music this way all the time and it works very, very well for the price.
    NORRIN, you should consider looking into oog files which are smaller than mp3 and you can convert them for free. However you need pocket tunes to play them.
    Quote Originally Posted by lghitis
    NORRIN, you should consider looking into oog files which are smaller than mp3 and you can convert them for free. However you need pocket tunes to play them.
    ...or Aeroplayer - their free version plays .ogg files.
  5.    #5  
    I signed up for Yahoo music unlimited but for some reason I keep getting an error message when I try to transfer the music to my treo. Has anyone else had a problem and if so what fix did you use?
    When transferring music from Yahoo, you have to remember two things:
    1. Pocket Tunes needs to be properly installed on the Treo AND on the desktop. Don't just install the prc only - run the Pocket Tunes installer app so it will integrate properly with Windows Media Player.
    2. Transfer the songs onto the Treo with Windows Media Player, not via a card reader. Windows Media Player will recognize the Treo as an external USB storage device if you open up the pocket tunes app while the treo is connected to the computer.

If you are still having problems, Pocket Tunes has a Yahoo Group which might be able to help.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
  7.    #7  
    Got it running but still a couple of questions.

1. do i have to use Yahoo Music engine to use Yahoo Unlimited music?
    2. do I have to use Yahoo Music engine if I want to transfer YUM to my treo
    3. is there a way to decrease the bitrate on the subscription music from YUM so it doesn't eat up my SD card so fast.

thanks
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by heberman
    When transferring music from Yahoo, you have to remember two things:
    1. Pocket Tunes needs to be properly installed on the Treo AND on the desktop. Don't just install the prc only - run the Pocket Tunes installer app so it will integrate properly with Windows Media Player.
    2. Transfer the songs onto the Treo with Windows Media Player, not via a card reader. Windows Media Player will recognize the Treo as an external USB storage device if you open up the pocket tunes app while the treo is connected to the computer.

If you are still having problems, Pocket Tunes has a Yahoo Group which might be able to help.
    I found that if I have Yahoo music open and open PTunes on the Treo, I can copy files directly from Yahoo Music to Treo with out having to thru WMP. Does that not work for you or have you not tried this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Norrin Radd
    Got it running but still a couple of questions.

1. do i have to use Yahoo Music engine to use Yahoo Unlimited music?
    2. do I have to use Yahoo Music engine if I want to transfer YUM to my treo
    3. is there a way to decrease the bitrate on the subscription music from YUM so it doesn't eat up my SD card so fast.

thanks
    1. Yes, unfortunately.
    2. No, you can use Windows Media Player also.
    3. Don't know.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Quote Originally Posted by gottago
    I found that if I have Yahoo music open and open PTunes on the Treo, I can copy files directly from Yahoo Music to Treo with out having to thru WMP. Does that not work for you or have you not tried this?
    Good point. I haven't tried it because I use Windows Media Player to manage my other music.