1.    #1  
    hey all-

i just purchased 4 palmone cradles. i like the design, hardware, and after scrapping the huge plugs for the already included plug from the palm, everything worked great. i sync via bluetooth, and it seems that the one-touch button for hotsync, cannot sync over bluetooth. are there any fixes for this problem? the only solution i have found is to manually go to the hotsync application on the screen.

thanks,

eric
    Quote Originally Posted by sideone
    hey all-

i just purchased 4 palmone cradles. i like the design, hardware, and after scrapping the huge plugs for the already included plug from the palm, everything worked great. i sync via bluetooth, and it seems that the one-touch button for hotsync, cannot sync over bluetooth. are there any fixes for this problem? the only solution i have found is to manually go to the hotsync application on the screen.

thanks,

eric
    Are you asking if the cradle hotsync button can be used to initiate a bluetooth hotsync? I wouldn't think so.
    Factory unlocked/unbranded GSM 650 - Tmobile; FW: 1.71; SW: 1.20-ENA; Carrier DB: 255; HW: A

If I'm repeating what someone has already said look at how long the thread is and ask yourself if you really expect me to read the whole thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by sideone
    hey all-

thanks,

eric
    I have the same cradles, and have noticed the same thing. I've not found any way around it either.
    iPhone on AT&T, Waiting for the Pre
    Why use BT to hotsync. It's so slow, eats battery power & you've got to be within 10m or much less of the host computer. If you have a cradle, it comes with everything to charge the battery & hotsync. Why bother? (I know - because you can....)
    Unlocked GSM Treo 650, Holux GPSlim236 GPS BT receiver & Tom Tom v5.201
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    If you can hotsync via the cable you should, bluetooth takes a very very long time to sync especially if you are diong a full backup or transfering any files over 100KB. The only way I've found to minimize the time it take to sync with bluetooth is to since as often as possible to avoid huge updates to both your handheld and desktop computer