Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Im def not well versed in this stuff but ill give u as much info as i have. I bought chatter to setup push email on my treo 600. i thought that all i needed was a chatter email account to set this up but as i was reading the forum i guess i need to set up some kind of forwarding process b/w multiple accounts. i registered for a fastmail account and a gmail account but overall i have no idea how to configure all of these things with chatter and my treo. right now all i can do is send messages from my phone. i literally need to be walked through the setup. my goal is to be able to communicate fluidly with blackberries, sidekicks, etc. if this matter has already been addressed plaease just post the link so i can follow the instructions. THANKS!!!
    You don't really need forwarding, unless your current mail server is POP only. If you want to use gMail, once you log in via the web, go to "Settings", and then "Forwarding And POP." Forward your mail to your Fastmail box. This should be self explanatory.

Configure Chatter to your fastmail account. I believe the lateset version of Chatter has fastmail profiles, so you'll just need to set up your username, password etc. Then create an SMTP profile to use your gmail server to send outgoing mail (I don't think you can relay with the free fastmail accounts, but I could be wrong.)

Got it?
    Last edited by Insertion; 09/29/2005 at 06:12 PM.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    Did you decide not to get a Chatter Email account and go with the Fastmail account? Maybe I am misreading your post?
    Actually this brings up an interesting idea.... maybe the "Quick Setup" new account screen could include a guide for setting up Gmail->Fastmail->Chatter (which would include the actual creation of the fastmail account in Chatter, plus tips on how to set up Gmail to forward mail to it)? This might eliminate the confusion for some folks.
    An interesting idea; obviously it would have to be done in conjunction with fastmail, everyone.net, or other compatible host...

Marc
    hey insertion i def think u can help me get on the right track, i dont even think i have an email server. let me put it this way, i just downloaded and installed chatter what is the easiest way from here to set up push email so i can correspond with people on their blackberrys,sidekicks, etc(other pushmail devices). please break it down for me im no good at this stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by such
    hey insertion i def think u can help me get on the right track, i dont even think i have an email server. let me put it this way, i just downloaded and installed chatter what is the easiest way from here to set up push email so i can correspond with people on their blackberrys,sidekicks, etc(other pushmail devices). please break it down for me im no good at this stuff
    Follow my instructions in my previous post. If you get stuck somewhere, ask. It's better to it that way, rather than have me post every possible scenario that may come up, and really confuse you.

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Actually Such, let's do it this way. Who is your cuurent email provider? You can probably bypass gmail, and maybe fastmail as well.

well i got a chatter email address when i signed up, can i just use that
    Ahhh...that's perfect! You don't need fastmail at all. You're good to go, just set up Chatter on your Treo. There should even be a chatteremail setting on the Setup menu.

Now you can just give out your new @chattermail address to everyone.

ok great, im having 2 problems though, i dont see a chatter setting on the setup menu maybe cause im using a 600, not sure, but the bigger problem is that i can send mail fine but im not receiving, what settings should i check/change to fix that
    ok great, im having 2 problems though, i dont see a chatter setting on the setup menu maybe cause im using a 600, not sure, but the bigger problem is that i can send mail fine but im not receiving, what settings should i check/change to fix that
    The model should have no bearing. What version of Chatter do you have?
    If the latest, you want to create a "New Account" from the menu.
    This will bring up the Quick Setup screen.
    You'll see "Choose the account type..." and underneath, "Tap the popup arrow."
    Do like it says and tap it.
    chattermail.com (IMAP) will be on the dropdown list.

its version 1.0.6 it doesnt give me that option it the quick setup, is there a newer version that i need....thanks for helping me i know im a little slow
    its version 1.0.6 it doesnt give me that option it the quick setup, is there a newer version that i need....thanks for helping me i know im a little slow
    Yes, there is version 1.1, that was just released Monday. It has the Quick Setup features. It'll make it a lot easier for you.

k, so i downlaoded the upgrade and did what u said but im getting a message that sais login failed in the lower right hand corner....right now i can send messages but not receive them, any suggestions?
    Please send a log... If it says "Login Failed", check your name and password.

Marc
    I have also set up a ***@chatteremail.com account and its working great with my Yahoo account in getting redireted push. Is there anyway to set up a choice of which SMTP to send with? I would love to redirect my business account to chatteremail as well.
    You can set the default (from when you're in Summary) in the SMTP Profile. For any particular message you can set the profile with the popup in the lower right.

Marc
    Does anyone have a list of e-mail service providers that provide the 'push" type email service. FastMail? Runbox? Tuffmail? Webmail.us?
    everyone.net is my preference at this point, though fusemail is also excellent.

Marc
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast