1.    #1  
    I use the memo feature of the Palm to cut and paste documents I want to read on the train, etc. If they are too long the memo is cut off in my Palm software, but when I look in my Outlook Notes, the full memo is there. Obviously some memory related issue. Does anyone know the fix? How about alternative ways to save and read articles on the Palm? I could try saving it as a PDF, but cut & paste is so much easier.

Thanks!
  2. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Sounds like you are hitting the memos 4k limit. I would look in to Docs To Go, that is what I use. There are also other solutions such as Repligo and others but you will have to seek the advice of others on those other programs. But Docs To Go is the best solution as far as usability IMO.
    There is a known limit to the size of a memo, and there is no fix except to use a different application. What is the source of text that you are cutting and pasting?
    Quote Originally Posted by nutreo
    I use the memo feature of the Palm to cut and paste documents I want to read on the train, etc. If they are too long the memo is cut off in my Palm software, but when I look in my Outlook Notes, the full memo is there. Obviously some memory related issue. Does anyone know the fix? How about alternative ways to save and read articles on the Palm? I could try saving it as a PDF, but cut & paste is so much easier.

Thanks!

Yeah there is a Palm Memo limit. I forget what the limit is. If you want to cut and paste a large document into Palm Memo, Cut and paste half of the document on one memo page and cut and paste the rest of the document on another memo page. This is what I do. Seems to work fine for me.

I am not not aware of a 'fix' for Palm memo memory size.

Chuck
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by alex_mathews
    There is a known limit to the size of a memo, and there is no fix except to use a different application. What is the source of text that you are cutting and pasting?
    I'm cutting either Word Docs or website articles.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by chckhbrt
    Yeah there is a Palm Memo limit. I forget what the limit is. If you want to cut and paste a large document into Palm Memo, Cut and paste half of the document on one memo page and cut and paste the rest of the document on another memo page. This is what I do. Seems to work fine for me.

I am not not aware of a 'fix' for Palm memo memory size.

Chuck
    Just did that on one memo and I've got 6 Palm notes. Starts to get a bit cumbersome.
    My recommendation would probably be to use Plucker or iSilo with iSiloX to convert the text or webpage to a format compatible with a free application you can use on the Treo.
    Quote Originally Posted by nutreo
    Just did that on one memo and I've got 6 Palm notes. Starts to get a bit cumbersome.
    Yeah, I know. You might try what NRG suggested, using Documents To Go. There is no limit size on that with Word To Go, MS Word or Text Document.

It would just take a second or two longer to get to whatever document you want to cut and paste to. And you can save them to your memory card.

Chuck
    Yeah, I know. You might try what NRG suggested, using Documents To Go. There is no limit size on that with Word To Go, MS Word or Text Document.

It would just take a second or two longer to get to whatever document you want to cut and paste to. And you can save them to your memory card.

Chuck
    That's a pretty expensive solution for just wanting to read text though.
    That's a pretty expensive solution for just wanting to read text though.
    Expensive?

On the disc that came with my Sprint/T650 phone, Docs To Go was on it. It didn't cast anything to load it on the phone. Free

If you want Docs To Go Premium 7, then you have to pay for that.

Chuck
    Expensive?

On the disc that came with my Sprint/T650 phone, Docs To Go was on it. It didn't cast anything to load it on the phone. Free

If you want Docs To Go Premium 7, then you have to pay for that.

Chuck
    This is in the Treo 600 forum, but your statement is still valid. I forgot that it came with a viewer edition of Documents To Go since I have the Premium version installed.
    This is in the Treo 600 forum, but your statement is still valid. I forgot that it came with a viewer edition of Documents To Go since I have the Premium version installed.

Oh...I didn't notice it was a T600 issue...Silly me

As you said, the possible solution is still the same.

Chuck
  13. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    I think the 600 comes with some sort of Docs To Go. I may be wrong though.