Page 1 of 30 12345611 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I got a message from Jeff Krivin from 1src about the Treo 700p. He knew way too much about the Treo700 w, spec for spec before it came out. I believe him, and believe that we will have a Treo 700p. He sent me this message, and I posted it at my site on the Treo 700p.

http://www.gadgetsonthego.net/2005/0...725284205.html
  2.    #2  
    He says, "it will be more impressive than the 700w."
    I thinkg Sprint will debut this before years ends, didn't Jeff Hawkins say there would be more devices announced before "years end"?
    This is good news indeed. If it's true.
    There is a God! Yes!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes
    I got a message from Jeff Krivin from 1src about the Treo 700p. He knew way too much about the Treo700 w, spec for spec before it came out. I believe him, and believe that we will have a Treo 700p. He sent me this message, and I posted it at my site on the Treo 700p.

http://www.gadgetsonthego.net/2005/0...725284205.html

I believe!

All I want for Christmas, is my Sprint EV-DO Treo 700p.

I want to believe!

Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    I believe!

All I want for Christmas, is my Sprint EV-DO Treo 700p.

I want to believe!

I'd be happy with a Treo 700p that is pretty much a Treo 650 upgraded with:

Faster CPU
    At least 64mb of RAM
    EV-DO
    Wi-Fi
    At least megapixel camera with flash
    Cobalt

I'd like to think all those requirements are a given except Wi-Fi and Cobalt. I can live with an updated Garnet OS but I will be very disappointed if there's no Wi-Fi.
    Kirvin is probably the most unreliable source in the world. I would put much more stead in the Sprint store rumour than this.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=96884

Surur
  8.    #8  
    Jeff Kirvin is a very reliable source. Surur you're just mad because you got banned from the 1src forums, right? Now you post anonymously now,lol.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by letsgoflyers81
    This is good news indeed. If it's true.
    Its the silly season again and Palm is up to its old tricks. Drip, drip, drip!
    He says, "it will be more impressive than the 700w."
    I thinkg Sprint will debut this before years ends, didn't Jeff Hawkins say there would be more devices announced before "years end"?
    He may be talking about the Z22 and the TX... search for those two in google and you'll see some pics.

Timmay

-----------------------
    EDIT

As far as a new Treo that will rock the world, how about we set some lofty goals:

1gig of memory (flash is cheap!)
    500Mhz cpu (it's a mobile os guys... we don't need a 700mhz battery sucker)
    EDVO and UTMS (or whatever the 3G GSM is nower days)
    VGA Screen?? (Love the 320x320 though)
    Smaller (def thinner!)
    Linux Palm OS
    Longer battery life
    2 MP camera
    BT 2.0
    Wifi

That would make me a happy nerd

Timmay
    Last edited by bigredgpk; 09/29/2005 at 02:07 PM.
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Quote Originally Posted by bigredgpk
    He may be talking about the Z23 and the TX... search for those two in google and you'll see some pics.

Timmay

-----------------------
    EDIT

As far as a new Treo that will rock the world, how about we set some lofty goals:

1gig of memory (flash is cheap!)
    500Mhz cpu (it's a mobile os guys... we don't need a 700mhz battery sucker)
    EDVO and UTMS (or whatever the 3G GSM is nower days)
    VGA Screen?? (Love the 320x320 though)
    Smaller (def thinner!)
    Linux Palm OS
    Longer battery life
    2 MP camera
    BT 2.0
    Wifi

That would make me a happy nerd

Timmay
    The TX isn't a smart phone, it's just a PDA. I couldn't find anything on the Z23.
  12.    #12  
    I have pics of both of those up at my site, it's the Tungsten X and Zire 22. I am talking treo.

http://www.gadgetsonthego.net/2005/0...nager-and.html
    Jimmie Geddes
    I have pics of both of those up at my site, it's the Tungsten X and Zire 22. I am talking treo.

http://www.gadgetsonthego.net/2005/0...nager-and.html
    OK, I see what you're talking about. I think the comments made about more Palm (Palm OS) devices to follow were speaking of smart phones as well, indicating that the Treo 700w doesn't mean Palm is abandoning the Palm OS, just adding Windows Mobile to go along with it.
    Treo 700p! Yeh! YEH!
    -->BtDUN pre- and post- SprintPCS update 1.12 paired to PC and PPC.
    Darth_Maul -- a dark attacker, trained in the Jedi arts.
    If I had to guess, the PalmOS version of the Treo 700 will probably have the exact same specs of the WM version except it will run some damned iteraton of FrankenGarnet yet again...

Given Palm's history of vapid incrementalism, I would highly doubt anything super innovative with the next gen Palmos Treo...just more of the same old same old...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  16.    #16  
    Exactly, Palm knows that it has a lot of loyal users. Ed Colligan made it clear at the Treo for Windows press conference (watch the webcast) that the Treo 700w is just an extension, not the end of Palm OS. He even made sure to say that last quarter Palm sold half a million Treos. Look at what a Vice President of Palm said as well:

http://www.gadgetsonthego.net/2005/0...-but-this.html

Palm is doing a Windows Mobile Treo to get into the corporate world, and the other side wants a Treo desperately. We've know for sometime how great the Palm OS is, now MS is having Palm tweak their OS to make it "the palm experience on Windows Mobile". Like I've said any good salesman always gives a customer what he wants. Microsoft wanted the palm experience, Palm will make tons of $$$ trying to give it to them. Palm has made it clear in the past 3 days that they still intend to make Palm OS Treos and handhelds.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    If I had to guess, the PalmOS version of the Treo 700 will probably have the exact same specs of the WM version except it will run some damned iteraton of FrankenGarnet yet again...

Given Palm's history of vapid incrementalism, I would highly doubt anything super innovative with the next gen Palmos Treo...just more of the same old same old...
    Doesn't that make you wonder how much they spend on R&D?
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic

You may be right, but Hawk did say to look for the "Third Revolutionary Product" from them. Palm Pilot was #1, Treo was #2, everything else was "evolutionary."
    Quote Originally Posted by naivete
    Doesn't that make you wonder how much they spend on R&D?

You're tellin' me!! Let's looks at their pathetic recent history as an example:
    • It took Palm TWO firmware updates and 6 MONTHS to finally fix most of the bugs in the 650.
    • They released the woefully pathetic T5 which was eons behind the competiton in spec and even had the gall to remove some features like VR, vibration alert. Plus it was overpriced and buggy junk until they finally released rom update months afterwards...
    • Released the Lifedrive which while interesting is still plagued by numerous bugs and crashes caused via NVFS hell! Still no Rom update for LD...

The weak sales of the T5 and LD are the primary reason why Palm's revenue suffered so greatly this last quarter btw even though Treo slaes soared. It's suprising Palm can't invest or focus more of their R&D into bug prevention...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  20.    #20  
    I know what you're saying, and I am looking forward to that "revolutionary product". I am so happy with my Treo 650, that it's all cake now. I do think there is something bigger than the Treo on the horizon, but I think there will be a successor to the 650. I am thinking it will run cobalt possibly.

This is my own thought, but something keeps telling me a cobalt treo is coming soon. They have had cobalt ever since palmsource gave it to them. They had to have been doing something with it. When the first video of the windows mobile treo came out from roc a fella, he also said that there was a cobalt one. I have a feeling that cobalt isn't dead anymore, if Palm wants or maybe has been briging it back to life and tweaking it. It's a finished os, and the fact that there was supposedly a cobalt treo alongside the windows mobile one makes me think this more.
    Jimmie Geddes
Page 1 of 30 12345611 ... LastLast