Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr
    All I NEED is EVDO - but sure I WANT some extras. I've had my 600 over two years and haven't even changed the battery. Still very happy with it. IMO, the 650 wasn't much of an upgrade so I'm waiting for the next iteration. Soon as the 700P is out, no matter what the specs are, it's a done deal. I think I've waited long enough.........

I'm with Perry - bring on the 700P!!!
    I still think the 600 does many things very well.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    Nothing wrong with remaining positive
    Positive? I am positive. I am positive that Christmas will come before the end of Silly Season.
    Nothing wrong with some of us hoping for the best ;-)
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Perry, you sure know how to make a guy's day! That price drop can only be good news.

I do agree with whmurray, however, . . . . Christmas will be here before silly season ends . . . . if silly season ends upon the first to a consumer sale of a 700p. An announcement would be a different animal. But no matter, having bought and watched for new Palm product introductions for over 10 years . . . . a price drop on the current model is a dead giveaway on the approach of a new model and that has usually been 3 months out from the price drop. At the moment, I am looking very forward to the end of February.

Cheers, Perry.
    I Believe!
    Quote Originally Posted by NJ Dog Doc
    I Believe!

Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    I still think the 600 does many things very well.
    Me, too. Basically, I'd like wi-fi. The rest of the 650 stuff was a very minor upgrade and I see no reason to adopt it unless 650 is the end of the line.
    Last edited by Mark Squires; 11/17/2005 at 12:32 PM.
    If it doesn't have a slot for SDHC--I don't want it. Period.
    Welp, we'll have 64 megs in February with the 700p
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    The 600 is a great unit, it's what I have. All the features of the 650 (better screen resolution, faster, bluetooth) would be great (seeing some 650 skins for stuff like ZLauncher make me ), but not for the cost of it in Canada. And I think that's why it's the 650, not the 700, sorta like a 1.5 version vs a 2.0 version, in my view. I'm holding out for the 700p (or news there will never be one) and either buy the 700 then, or reap the savings of getting a 650 on the cheap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    From the "For What It's Worth" department --- I was just in my Sprint Store and they have dropped the price of the Treo 650 (w/ 2yr contract) from $449 to $249. Sounds like an inventory clearance to me. . . . .

Cheers, Perry.
    All I read into this is that Sprint is now updating the 650 price to something that is competitive with what every website has been selling the 650 for over the last six months. Who was going to buy a 650 for $449 with 2 yr service contract?!? Sorry to burst the bubble but I don't think this means anything about a new Treo.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C
    All I read into this is that Sprint is now updating the 650 price to something that is competitive with what every website has been selling the 650 for over the last six months. Who was going to buy a 650 for $449 with 2 yr service contract?!? Sorry to burst the bubble but I don't think this means anything about a new Treo.
    Hey Bob-C

Only time will tell. . . . . . but combined with all the other tidbits, a story is beginning to emerge. Heck, after the Treo 700W announcement, the concensus seemed to be there would never be another Palm OS Treo.

I believe that concensus has now turned the other way. . . . . now it is just a matter of when!

We will see. I appreciate your caution.

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 11/18/2005 at 09:36 AM.
    Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Hey Bob-C

Only time will tell. . . . . . but combined with all the other tidbits, a story is beginning to emerge. Heck, after the Treo 700W announcement, the concensus seemed to be there would never be another Palm OS Treo.

I believe that concensus has now turned the other way. . . . . now it is just a matter of when!
    If the specs about the 700W are true, there is no reason for there to be another Treo. Pathetic.
    Quote Originally Posted by slinky
    If the specs about the 700W are true, there is no reason for there to be another Treo. Pathetic.
    There is huge room for improvement when it comes to the Treo 700w (and 650 to some effect). To this that this is it until a Treo running Windows mobile 6 comes out in the next revision is very closeminded.

Tim
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    there is no debate...colligan has confirmed more than once that there will be future treos with pos
    why should there be a palm version now? other than just because we want one.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    why should there be a palm version now? other than just because we want one.

Now, I sometimes understand your pessimism regarding whether or not the hardware will be worth the upgrade price, but to say there won't be one?

Because Colligan HAS said twice now (once during the web-cast, again in the letter to developers) that there will be. Why would he out right lie about that?
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    Now, I sometimes understand your pessimism regarding whether or not the hardware will be worth the upgrade price, but to say there won't be one?

Because Colligan HAS said twice now (once during the web-cast, again in the letter to developers) that there will be. Why would he out right lie about that?
    ditto

I am sure that I do not know but his track record suggests that he is, again, one more time.
    Global Posts
    592 Global Posts

Do you believe ANY CEO that talks about their company? Please, will you allow me to sell you something without recourse?

Even if he is guaranteeing there is another Treo, if the 700W is released as we believe... who cares? It's yet another example of trying to provide underpowered features to capture early adopter form fanatics who will find out just how much Palm cut the corners. Then Palm will try to somehow come out with the 750 or offer 32MB RAM SD cards for free with a purchase.
Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast