Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
    I talked to our Sprint business rep (based out of the Sprint HQ). He said the Sprint's focus is on Windows Mobile, no longer PalmOS. They will continue to sell the 650 as long as it is a hot seller. The 650 will likely be the last PalmOS-based device by Sprint and once sales slide, the 650 will be gone.

I expect the 650 will sell well into next year but don't expect a new PalmOS-based phone, at least from Sprint.
    Last edited by xenophonite; 11/01/2005 at 04:24 PM.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    This is the same info I got from our local Cingular rep today (of course, take that one with about a cup of salt). They didn't know details, but knew that two new Windows phones are coming for Christmas, one with a keyboard, and they were replacing those other keyboard phones (not the Blackberries). I'm sure those are the HTC Faraday and Wizard models. I asked if they would continue the Treos and they said probably until they sell out. Go figure.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    This is the same info I got from our local Cingular rep today (of course, take that one with about a cup of salt). They didn't know details, but knew that two new Windows phones are coming for Christmas, one with a keyboard, and they were replacing those other keyboard phones (not the Blackberries). I'm sure those are the HTC Faraday and Wizard models. I asked if they would continue the Treos and they said probably until they sell out. Go figure.
    If cingular doesnt offer the next palm treo (if there is one) then i'll be happy to purchase it from Palm. It isnt like Cingular would give me a discount on the new one anyway.
    iPhone in the Washington DC area.
    Quote Originally Posted by surur
    MS's 44 other WM licensees, who sell a million+ more devices than Palm, might not be so happy with that cozy arrangement.

Surur
    Yeah, sorta like Nokia and its symbiotic Symbian buddies...

Maybe they will actually welcome the change. Converting Palm's current smartphone production to WM5 will bring more than a million more devices online per year--to start.

This really is the long delayed, long ago predicted Microsoft versus Nokia starting point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Poor Perry. He's the Charlton Heston of the Palm Treo... "from my cold, dead hands."
    Exactly.

I still believe!
    THis is all fine but the 700w has no friggin wifi!!
    I'm not sure I'll need WiFi given that EVDO is already practically in every metro. No need to search for WiFi hotspots with EVDO. WiFi draws more power than EVDO too. I suppose the only benefit is if you are doing something sensitive to latency.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    On a mission for Perry ... my crack team just got back from ... can't say, or I'd have to kill ya!
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
    Quote Originally Posted by xenophonite
    I'm not sure I'll need WiFi given that EVDO is already practically in every metro. No need to search for WiFi hotspots with EVDO. WiFi draws more power than EVDO too. I suppose the only benefit is if you are doing something sensitive to latency.
    In the general case, are you willing to sacrifice speed for coverage?
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray
    In the general case, are you willing to sacrifice speed for coverage?
    Who wouldnt be? Its not like im downloading 300mb at a time on my treo. Its way more important that i have a constant connection than a blazing one.
    iPhone in the Washington DC area.
    Quote Originally Posted by tjd414
    On a mission for Perry ... my crack team just got back from ... can't say, or I'd have to kill ya!
    Roger that, Angel 7 Commander. . . . . all team members back safely?
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Roger that, Angel 7 Commander. . . . . all team members back safely?
    At the extraction point, awaiting Insertion ...

After reading this article, I'm not only confident that there will be a Treo 700p but also 2 more low end Palm OS Treos.
    http://www.forbes.com/markets/2005/1...rtner=yahootix

I'm very excited about this.... Go Treo..!!!

Al
    Quote Originally Posted by tjd414
    Heh. Heh heh. "crack" team.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by xenophonite
    Apart from the comment on speed vs coverage, it is also true that wi-fi is often cheap or more or less free in many places.

How much is EVDO?
    If it doesn't have a slot for SDHC--I don't want it. Period.
    I cannot wait until May!!!!!!!! that is over 1.5 years for the next update! Palm is dropping the ball. Blackberry, Sidekick, et al all update faster. Treos updated once every year in all past models. Palm sucks azzzzz
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    I cannot wait until May!!!!!!!! that is over 1.5 years for the next update! Palm is dropping the ball. Blackberry, Sidekick, et al all update faster. Treos updated once every year in all past models. Palm sucks azzzzz
    Welcome to reality... You are welcome to join us...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Squires
    Apart from the comment on speed vs coverage, it is also true that wi-fi is often cheap or more or less free in many places.

How much is EVDO?
    There is no such thing as a free lunch. The cost is included in the price of the beer. Some hotels charge for Wi-Fi and shampoo. Others include it in the price of the room. Most coffee shops charge for Wi-Fi. A few include it in the price of the latte'.

Depending upon the market, Sprint and Verizon charge between $50 and $80 per month for EVDO. However, one does not have to pay for a room, coffee, or Internet service.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    Heh. Heh heh. "crack" team.
    Hey Fat Albert, that would be "crack" as in highly trained, not as a suffix to "****" or a recreational pharmaceutical, thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by whmurray
    There is no such thing as a free lunch. The cost is included in the price of the beer. Some hotels charge for Wi-Fi and shampoo. Others include it in the price of the room. Most coffee shops charge for Wi-Fi. A few include it in the price of the latte'.

Depending upon the market, Sprint and Verizon charge between $50 and $80 per month for EVDO. However, one does not have to pay for a room, coffee, or Internet service.
    Sprint's "Power Vision" service is $20. Now, their "AIRCARD" services are as you quoted, but not on phones. Even a Treo.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast