Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
    Tomorrow is Halloween. As I said, we will see the Great Pumpkin before we see the 700P.
    Quote Originally Posted by tomvb2000
    EV-DO would make it "more impressive" and seems a given. Not sure about the wifi yet. With higher EV-DO bandwidth, the carriers might still be concerned about losing minutes from EV-DO to wifi. EV-DO will be roughly 140-150K - roughly double from 1xRTT - but nowhere near wifi.

Has your source said anything about RAM? Hopefully it's >32MB.
    THose speeds of "roughly 140-150K" is the current speed of Vision. That is not evdo speed.
    You are right if you mean max theoretical. The speed we get from the Treo today with Vision is roughly half of max possible.
    Palm Pilot-->Handspring Visor-->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p+E62-->Treo700p+Curve (8300)-->Curve (8330)
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray
    Tomorrow is Halloween. As I said, we will see the Great Pumpkin before we see the 700P.
    2nd Q 2006 on Sprint. (I still believe!)

Cheers, Perry.
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray
    Silly season officially ends tomorrow.
  6.    #106  
    They released their EV-DO plans for the same prices we are paying for vision. There will be a Treo 700p running EV-DO debuting on Sprint. Palm has proven that they can build a Treo with an EV-DO radio (700w). I'll say it again, Sprint always gets the exclusive on Palm OS Treos, they will get the exclusive on this. It will be Feb. or March.
    Jimmie Geddes
  7.    #107  
    I like Perry's excitement I am waiting for it as well, but am VERY happy with my 650 currently. Can you imagine an EV-DO Palm OS Treo? More memory, better camera, possibly wifi? I can, and it's coming...
    Jimmie Geddes
    Please let ne know when wifi is confirmed!
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    Please let ne know when wifi is confirmed!
    Right after Sprint, Verizon, and Qualcom all go belly up. Do not hold your breath.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes
    Sprint always gets the exclusive on Palm OS Treos, they will get the exclusive on this. It will be Feb. or March.
    Sprint was the last one on the bus for the Treo 300. T-mo had the Treo 180 and 270 months b4 the 300 was released. May want to check your facts

Timmay
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Quote Originally Posted by bigredgpk
    Sprint was the last one on the bus for the Treo 300. T-mo had the Treo 180 and 270 months b4 the 300 was released. May want to check your facts

Timmay
    True, but that was, I believe, before Sprint started pumping money into Handspring to fund the development of the 600 and then 650. I have no idea of course if sprint has funded any 700p development. If they have, look for them to get it first and exclusivly for awhile. Safe to say that Sprint didnt pump mega bucks into the 700w since they are not THE 700w carrier.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bigredgpk

Timmay
    Sprint was the only one on the bus for the Treo 300, as they helped fund its development. It was and still is exclusively Sprint.
    I think we need Perry Masson on the case
    I hope Palm does release a 700p. Not for my benefit, but Perry's. I am actually worried what he might do to himself if Palm does not release one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Joe
    I hope Palm does release a 700p. Not for my benefit, but Perry's. I am actually worried what he might do to himself if Palm does not release one.

In the word's of a three year old neighbor, when I was seven year's old:

"I will be very perturbed!!"
    There will be a Treo 700p running EV-DO debuting on Sprint.
    Lets look at the track record of our informant.

Palm Treo and Symbian Treo, confirmed

I got emailed by a VERY RELIABLE source on new Treos:

http://www.gadgetsonthego.net/2005/1...-in-works.html
    http://discuss.treocentral.com/archi...p/t-97766.html

versus

It may come as little surprise to many industry observers, but Palm Inc CEO Ed Colligan has confirmed in an interview with Computer Business Review that his company has no plans to support the Symbian operating system.
    http://www.cbronline.com/article_new...D-C555A2521007

Now judge the Treo 700p story for thee-self.

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyboy
    I think we need Perry Masson on the case
    Why, we already have gtwo on the job....
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Well, I tend to think it was a possibly anti-competitive agreement behind the scenes.

Palm has essentially "sold" itself to Microsoft; and in the process, Microsoft might have "granted" DataViz a Symbian exclusive.

So where does that leave us?

Symbian supports Direct Push synchronization

Windows Mobile 5 *will* support Direct Push synchronization

Palm (which CAN do it) refuses to indicate whether or not it will in fact update its EAS-licensed devices (the Treo 650, LifeDrive, etc.)...

It has been predicted by others elsewhere, but I tend to agree with the idea that within a year, Microsoft will take a "significant" equity position in Palm in order to fund the mass customization needed to make Treo700w's run on the various carrier systems.

In due time, Microsoft will assume Palm's hardware manufacturing contracts, etc.

Within two years, the Palm name will be gone completely, perhaps to be renamed, simply, "treo, Inc."
    MS's 44 other WM licensees, who sell a million+ more devices than Palm, might not be so happy with that cozy arrangement.

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Joe
    Poor Perry. He's the Charlton Heston of the Palm Treo... "from my cold, dead hands."
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."