Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny
    I don't want to rain on this parade and temper my enthusiasm over the 700p(look at my avatar), but...

If it doesn't have Cobalt (make that read: no multitasking), and it doesn't have WiFi and it doesn't have a Hi-res+ screen, then EV-DO would be the only improvement over the 650.

That's nice, but unless they plug in one of the three other improvements, I'd have to seriously consider staying with the 650 and seeing how the roadmap develops. Or at least wait to see some killer EV-DO based apps.
    That's the fun with the silly season!! Waiting to see what it will "really" have. . . . . and speculating . . . . and waiting. . . and speculating. . . .
  2.    #82  
    From what I've heard the Treo 700p will have a 320x320 screen, 64mb memory, EVDO, wifi/and or gps. There is a possiblity of an updated OS, but I am thinking it will remain Garnet.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes
    From what I've heard the Treo 700p will have a 320x320 screen, 64mb memory, EVDO, wifi/and or gps. There is a possiblity of an updated OS, but I am thinking it will remain Garnet.
    Any talk (hints) for us poor GSM slobs (Cingular)?
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.

EVDO and Wi-Fi could be the dealmaker among those. Who knows when we'll get our hi-res+ screen and a true multi-tasking OS? 2007? And will that OS be Palm? The built-in GPS is nice and may have some applications for pedestrians, but for on-road navigation I doubt I'll leave my BT GPS behind. We'll just have to wait for Jimmie to show us some pics from his source.

Silly season is more fun when you know you'll have a new toy by Thanksgiving.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    I need to get in ur circles more often jimmy, u get all the good info
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    Any talk (hints) for us poor GSM slobs (Cingular)?
    Bend over?
    Are they really going to have to bend over twice to get a Treo? First the 650 now the 700...poor guys...
    Quote Originally Posted by MadlyAlive
    Are they really going to have to bend over twice to get a Treo? First the 650 now the 700...poor guys...
    "Thank you sir, may I have another!"
    Quote Originally Posted by MadlyAlive
    They have already tried begging on their knees.
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray
    They have already tried begging on their knees.
    That's right - some of us have no jeans with solid knees
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    You're tellin' me!! Let's looks at their pathetic recent history as an example:
    [list][*]It took Palm TWO firmware updates and 6 MONTHS to finally fix most of It's suprising Palm can't invest or focus more of their R&D into bug prevention...

Yes it's amazing Palm can't get the bugs worked out before release like MS does with their OS. A car full money says 700W will be no different.
  12. JJL
    Quote Originally Posted by JTREOB
    Yes it's amazing Palm can't get the bugs worked out before release like MS does with their OS. A car full money says 700W will be no different.
    I assume that's a joke right? MS testing their OS and getting the bugs out before release?!!!! What version of Windows are you running?
    Quote Originally Posted by letsgoflyers81
    I'd be happy with a Treo 700p that is pretty much a Treo 650 upgraded with:

Faster CPU
    At least 64mb of RAM
    EV-DO
    Wi-Fi
    At least megapixel camera with flash
    Cobalt

I'd like to think all those requirements are a given except Wi-Fi and Cobalt. I can live with an updated Garnet OS but I will be very disappointed if there's no Wi-Fi.
    Wi-fi is the killer ap for me. No wi-fi, I don't buy.

For those who suggested smaller: if it's smaller, I don't want it.

This is a PDA/Phone combo not a phone. I want a real screen on which I can view pix and read ebooks with some decency. If it begins to look like a tiny phone--I DON'T WANT IT.

For me Treo is not a phone substitute. It's a convergence item that is often a laptop substitute

P.s. The lack of a GSM alternative is ludicrous. It's only the world standard. Deal with reality. Screw Sprint.
    Last edited by Mark Squires; 10/30/2005 at 03:08 PM.
    If it doesn't have a slot for SDHC--I don't want it. Period.
    CDMA is a loser service. The world standard is GSM.

Yet, it debuts in CDMA and with Sprint.

Yawn.

This is a good way for Palm OS to really disappear.
    If it doesn't have a slot for SDHC--I don't want it. Period.
    Quote Originally Posted by soccrnj80
    Like I said my source told me that the Treo 700p will be more impressive than the 700w. We know Sprint is putting BlackBerry connect on it's Treo smartphones in the beginning of 2006. They just announced their EV-DO service. So I am guessing Palm will add wifi to the 700p, they have proven that both the LifeDrive and TX can use both BT and WiFi at the same time. The carriers have gotten more relaxed with wifi smartphones as well. It is supposed to have a 320x320 screen, still better than the 700w's 240x240.
    EV-DO would make it "more impressive" and seems a given. Not sure about the wifi yet. With higher EV-DO bandwidth, the carriers might still be concerned about losing minutes from EV-DO to wifi. EV-DO will be roughly 140-150K - roughly double from 1xRTT - but nowhere near wifi.

Has your source said anything about RAM? Hopefully it's >32MB.
    Quote Originally Posted by soccrnj80
    The world standard is GSM,. ....
    That is why Palm offers it late and at a premium price.
  17.    #97  
    Those posts were made with my old treocentral name, sorry if I confused you guys at all.
    Jimmie Geddes
  18.    #98  
    My source told me it will be cdma. Just like all of the Palm OS Treos Sprint will debut it. There will be a GSM version to follow, just like with the 600 and 650. It will be a few months though, since Sprint will have the exclusive. Verizon has the 700w exclusive, Sprint will also be selling the Treo 700w once the exclusivity is up. Sprint just announced their all you can eat EV-DO plans.

http://www.gadgetsonthego.net/2005/1...wer-vison.html

I told you guys that there was a Treo 700p coming, now the offical name for the windows mobile Treo is "Treo 700w". There's a reason that there's a w on the end, I am thinking the accessories/battery packs will be interchangeable. Possible Palm using the same case for the Tre 700p as well.

http://blog.treonauts.com/2005/10/treo_windows_mo.html

Like I said my source told me that the Treo 700p will be more impressive than the 700w. We know Sprint is putting BlackBerry connect on it's Treo smartphones in the beginning of 2006. They just announced their EV-DO service. So I am guessing Palm will add wifi to the 700p, they have proven that both the LifeDrive and TX can use both BT and WiFi at the same time. The carriers have gotten more relaxed with wifi smartphones as well. It is supposed to have a 320x320 screen, still better than the 700w's 240x240.
    Jimmie Geddes
  19.    #99  
    I was told it was either going to be wifi/and/ or gps. I think wifi because of mainly using your device to surf,email at home on your netwok, hotspots, so you don't need to use your minutes. The new windows mobile devices from sprint allow you to use wifi, you can't use your phone at the same time though.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Why do you have to tease poor Perry like this? Have you no compassion at all?
Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast