Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1924252627282930 LastLast
Results 561 to 580 of 582
  1. #561  
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder God
    agreed. back in the day when there was only palm in the market i did care or wonder if there was anything better out there. in todays world palm should have more products in the pipeline. i went from having my black and green screen palm to my 650 and in all honesty the os is almost the same. yeah it can do a little more but it almost 70 percent the same thing. how long can palm sit on the laurels of the 650??? is it time to join the windows revolution?

    The user interface is the same and that is why we are with Palm, but lots of things have changed internally. However, Palm doesn't like to show of with software because they are more of a hardware integrator company and we like that. But time changes everything and this year Palm is in trouble with the Palm OS. Everybody knows that EVDO is hottest babe in town and Mr. Treo 700w has it. We Palm OS lovers are not going to accept a Treo 700p without EVDO It just doesn't make sense... It's like buying a VCR to watch new movies. OK, so maybe some of you don't care about EVDO right now because it is not available everywhere, but by the end of the year you are going to die for it.

    SO PALM IF YOU ARE READING THIS... LISTEN... GIVE US A TREO 700p WITH EVDO OR KILL THE PALM OS

    Al
  2. #562  
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo
    The user interface is the same and that is why we are with Palm, but lots of things have changed internally. However, Palm doesn't like to show of with software because they are more of a hardware integrator company and we like that. But time changes everything and this year Palm is in trouble with the Palm OS. Everybody knows that EVDO is hottest babe in town and Mr. Treo 700w has it. We Palm OS lovers are not going to accept a Treo 700p without EVDO It just doesn't make sense... It's like buying a VCR to watch new movies. OK, so maybe some of you don't care about EVDO right now because it is not available everywhere, but by the end of the year you are going to die for it.

    SO PALM IF YOU ARE READING THIS... LISTEN... GIVE US A TREO 700p WITH EVDO OR KILL THE PALM OS

    Al
    i totally see your point. since i am a gsm customer, i have some different wishes. obviously i have a gripe with the os, but, where is the built in wi fi? where is the umts? ptt function? better camera? more memory? if we get a new 700p with a new hardware design and a new os it will either be filled problems or it will be some time next year---everyone willing to be loyal that long???
    Last edited by Thunder God; 01/25/2006 at 01:24 AM. Reason: i need a k jam or a motorola v3x
    Naveen

    Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

    Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
  3. slinky's Avatar
    Posts
    578 Posts
    Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    #563  
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo
    SO PALM IF YOU ARE READING THIS... LISTEN... GIVE US A TREO 700p WITH EVDO OR KILL THE PALM OS
    PALM - IT'S CLEAR THAT THE 700P ISN'T COMING OUT ANY TIME SOON EVEN IF IT MEANS THAT PERRY WILL BE COMMITTED. SO IF YOU ARE LISTENING, GIVE US THE @#$%ING WIFI DRIVERS FOR THE 650 AND THE SD CARD OR JUST KILL THE PALM OS ALREADY...
  4. #564  
    My commitment hearing is scheduled for 2/23/06 . . . . . .but there is still time for the fat lady to sing !!



    PALM: Ask not what your end users can do for you, ask what you can do for your end users. . . . . .
  5. #565  
    We will get your room all ready for you, and pull out your favorite foam slippers.................Just in case.
  6. #566  
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder God
    i totally see your point. since i am a gsm customer, i have some different wishes. obviously i have a gripe with the os, but, where is the built in wi fi? where is the umts? ptt function? better camera? more memory? if we get a new 700p with a new hardware design and a new os it will either be filled problems or it will be some time next year---everyone willing to be loyal that long???
    Many of us have been 270>600>650 and we thought of this as a natural and endless progression. When we bought the 650 we saw it as one in a number, there would be a follow-on. The migration from one to another was usually more disruptive and inefficient than one might hope but it was possible.

    Perhaps that is over. Perhaps the 650 is the end of the line. Not to say that there will not be more Treos but that they will not be easy or natural migrations from the 650.
  7. #567  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C
    Jack couldn't use a 700w because he doesn't have time to say things like, "Could you hold on a moment? My phone is running low on memory and I have to close a few programs. Damn. How the heck do you this?"
    GOLD - you ought to copyright this joke.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
  8. #568  
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder God
    i totally see your point. since i am a gsm customer, i have some different wishes. obviously i have a gripe with the os, but, where is the built in wi fi? where is the umts? ptt function? better camera? more memory? if we get a new 700p with a new hardware design and a new os it will either be filled problems or it will be some time next year---everyone willing to be loyal that long???
    Not me - they have until July 29th when my contract is up and I'm ready to buy a carrier-subsidized device from another provider.
  9. #569  
    http://mobile-review.com/pda/article...ecast-en.shtml

    Palm (HTC production). On early dates of the new year there has appeared the first Palm model powered by Windows Mobile OS - Palm Treo 700W communicator. According to the company the demand suppressed all expectations. The leaders of Palm turned to speak much surprisingly and unveiled their plans for the year (after a shareholder of Palm had published the info): in 2006 there will be 4 new communicators. During 6 months the Treo 700w will be exclusively manufactured for Verizon CDMA-network, and only then we see a GSM-version for the rest of the world (summer 2006). Palm Treo 700p is the same 700w, but with Palm OS Garnet and a higher quality LCD. It will be an exclusive for the US network Sprint for some period. The model under the code name Hollywood is the top of the line with the support of 3G-networks and the absence of the external antenna. It will be introduced in 2Q. And finally the last model - the budget Lowrider, the approximate price is $300. Well, we've finished with HTC products.


    I'M GEEKED !! (Or do these people get their information from the TreoCentral Discussion forum?)
    Last edited by gtwo; 01/25/2006 at 08:05 PM.
  10. #570  
    Funny, as the 700w declines in screen quality, Palm increases the 700p screen quality.
    Last edited by vikingjunior; 01/25/2006 at 08:39 PM.
  11. #571  
    I think "higher quality screen" means higher than the 700 not the 650
  12. #572  
    Perry that is the Sagio release they are quoting. Also, that same article/site reportsthe Moto Q is cancelled and that appears to be not true.
  13. #573  
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    Perry that is the Sagio release they are quoting. Also, that same article/site reportsthe Moto Q is cancelled and that appears to be not true.

    Don't confuse me with facts, my mind is made up!


    I Believe !

    .
  14. #574  
    Perry, I admire your blind faith in the POS (now does that stand for piece of...ohhh, wait Palm OS) and for your sake alone I wish they come out with a 700P and that Palm awards you the very first unit sold. Of course that means you get to start the first thread about your return experience because it will have some issue. But I digress (and that I do best).

    By the way Palm is releasing that they are going to have the GSM version of the 700W out near the end of Q2.
  15. #575  
    Hey Gharrod!!

    I would like that first one! (And I will have it.) My faith and that of all those that wait with me will be rewarded. My little voice in the back of my head is quite clear on this.

    Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 01/27/2006 at 06:27 AM.
  16. #576  
    Usually the little voice in the back of my head says..."Have another Mojito" and then the next morning it asks..."Why did you have another Mojito?"...
  17. #577  
  18. #578  
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray
    Many of us have been 270>600>650 and we thought of this as a natural and endless progression...
    Have you forgotten about the Treo 180k and 180g?

    The Treo 180 had me when Tigerdirect had them for free after rebates! after that I was hooked... it was all over for me... even now as i think about getting the MDA for it's Wifi, EDGE, BT, and multi-tasking i still think i may purchase a used 600 of ebay for the OS, threaded SMS, and form factor...

    sigh... will this madness ever end?

    Timmay
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

    Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

    Twittering about
  19. #579  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigredgpk
    Have you forgotten about the Treo 180k and 180g?

    The Treo 180 had me when Tigerdirect had them for free after rebates! after that I was hooked... it was all over for me... even now as i think about getting the MDA for it's Wifi, EDGE, BT, and multi-tasking i still think i may purchase a used 600 of ebay for the OS, threaded SMS, and form factor...

    sigh... will this madness ever end?

    Timmay
    Yes, I did have a 180 and I had forgotten it.
  20. #580  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigredgpk
    He may be talking about the Z22 and the TX... search for those two in google and you'll see some pics.

    Timmay

    -----------------------
    EDIT

    As far as a new Treo that will rock the world, how about we set some lofty goals:

    1gig of memory (flash is cheap!)
    500Mhz cpu (it's a mobile os guys... we don't need a 700mhz battery sucker)
    EDVO and UTMS (or whatever the 3G GSM is nower days)
    VGA Screen?? (Love the 320x320 though)
    Smaller (def thinner!)
    Linux Palm OS
    Longer battery life
    2 MP camera
    BT 2.0
    Wifi

    That would make me a happy nerd

    Timmay

    The 700p will be the 650 with EV-DO added it will most likely look alot like the 700w but For the CDMA Sprint phone its Palm.

    And if you want Windows go with 6700 its way better the the 700w.


    Slim-x

Posting Permissions