Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 152021222324252627282930 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by riverbruce
    Notice how the posts have slowed way down. Must be because we're all at 12 Step meetings OR..... we finally have serenity..... NOT!!!!!!!!!!
    Well, here we go again. WHy not call it the 750? I mean, we already have just about everything the 700 has.

More memory is ok, but I have made do with a good launcher, it's almost a non issue.

EV-DO? Well atm it's a waste of money and locations, but by then, ok sure, why not?

1.3MP camera? Hmmm, maybe.

Cooler casing? Not necessarily. Smaller buttons have been proven to be easier to use because there is more space between them, aiding in differentiation of which key you are pressing.

Low Res screen? I think not.

All in all, not enough for me, and I'd bet Palm is that way too. They'd have to make it significantly better to sell them. The 700w is basically a retooled 650, and WM5 was the big deal, so it was a good idea. the 700p as is is almost like a Mac SE (slightly enhanced), and wouldn't help Palm much if at all.

I want to see what ACCESS does with the OS now. Cobalt is something we are all going to have to bid goodbye to in its current iteration. Get over it, people, let it go. There will be something better, stop beating a dead horse. Besides, this way, they can resurrect it (doubtful) and make everyone happy. By then, even Cobalt itself would have been outdated anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by riverbruce
    Notice how the posts have slowed way down. Must be because we're all at 12 Step meetings OR..... we finally have serenity..... NOT!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm not sure there's anything else to say (although that never stopped anyone on T/C from beating something to death).

I am personally exhausted (but not bored)from reading everything about the 700p. I've eliminated the 700w from my viewing on T/C. Got exhausted there too.

It's time to just "wait, see & pray" for the 700p.

(I just realized that I had a lot to say in this post for someone what thinks there's nothing else to say.)-Go Figure
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Alright already! Just hand it over!

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by gtwo; 01/19/2006 at 10:52 PM.
    *Breaking News*...............Man from TC arrested while breaking into Palm headquarters in search of a 700P. When man was interviewed he claimed he couldn't take it anymore and further plans to sue Palm for his psychiatric bills. The man is now at a psychiatric hosptial where he hopes to recover. Palm in turn at doctors request brought a 700 to the hospital for the man to see, it turns out in was only a Windows edition, the man then had to be restrained and now resides in a straight jacket were he will stay until Palm can display a 700P.

If you know this man doctors are asking that you come forward at this time in hopes to help this man . Stay tuned for more details at 11
    i t' s har d to tyype wiit h jus your no se

hel p

r oom 65 5

babb le b abble babble . . . . . . ..
    Last edited by gtwo; 01/20/2006 at 07:24 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden

hel p

r oom 65 5

LMAO.

hel p

r oom 65 5

Perry,

I'm coming to get you!!!

Right after I get your message stating you have the 700p in hand.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    bee n mo ve d

roo mm 700

man a t doo r

h as som tng in ha nd

c ant qu i te se e. . . . . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by copasetic
    Well, here we go again. WHy not call it the 750? I mean, we already have just about everything the 700 has.
    Why not the 747? The 650 and the 700w are good at flying high then crashing and burning.

Just a joke--I love my 650 but like all else have an addiction... Here's where I am on the 12 steps:

1. We have admitted we were powerless over our addiction - that our lives had become unmanageable (I got this one covered--especially when my 650 crashes!)
    2. Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity (not there yet. Is this Palm, Windows or someone else?)
    3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood God (Got that one--ONLY God knows when we'll get a 700p/750)
    4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves (does that mean searching the threads for a tois before I post?)
    5. Admitted to God, to ourselves and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs (I think we all are good at admitting (or bloviating) about the treos wrongs BUT maybe its us!!!)
    6. Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character (Hell, I mean, Heck Yeah!)
    7. Humbly asked God to remove our shortcomings (what shortcomings?)
    8. Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all (They (other TC posters) seem to point it out before I realize it!)
    9. Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others (Still working...)
    10. Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it (Ditto..)
    11. Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood God, praying only for knowledge of God's will for us and the power to carry that out (Still working...)
    12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to other addicts, and to practice these principles in all our affairs (Will that happen on my own or when the 700p is released)
    Not trying to offend addicts or those in the program--just having some fun!
    bee n mo ve d

roo mm 700

man a t doo r

h as som tng in ha nd

c ant qu i te se e. . . . . . .

Oh Oh. I'm just outside Room 655 with Ed Colligan and the 700p. Let me see if I can sneak over to your new location. Let me know if they move you again. Hope your battery isn't low. Whatever you do, don't drop the Treo.
    News Flash...........In a strange turn of events it appears that the man only know as the '700P Stalker' has escaped from the Acme psychatric center. He was last seen on a moped steaming towards Palm headquarters.

If any one has seen or has information regarding the '700P Stalker's whereabouts please contact your local authorties at once. This man is known to be armed and dangerous and one should approach him with extreme caution.

Stay tuned for late breaking news on the '700P Stalker' right here at TC News were we report the truth and the whole truth.

'Have you seen the 700P stalker?'
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingjunior
    News Flash...........In a strange turn of events it appears that the man only know as the '700P Stalker' has escaped from the Acme psychatric center. He was last seen on a moped steaming towards Palm headquarters.

If any one has seen or has information regarding the '700P Stalker's whereabouts please contact your local authorties at once. This man is known to be armed and dangerous and one should approach him with extreme caution.

Stay tuned for late breaking news on the '700P Stalker' right here at TC News were we report the truth and the whole truth.

'Have you seen the 700P stalker?'
    I'm an eyewitness!!! He walked past me and Ed and the 700p on his way out!
    I guess he was too busy to realize that we had extra demo units...
    He mumbled something about going to the dark side in a Verizon store if he couldn't get into Palm HQ.
    Update......Coming to you live from our TC studios in NY where we have continious live footage on the '700P Stalker' . We now have a description of the stalker he has been reported to be wearing a hospital gown backwards, happy feet foam slippers, and what appears to be an outdated Treo in his hand.

If you have seen a man fitting this description you are urged to stay away and call SWAT at 1-800- 700-STALK.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled show ' I have no life'
    ..........:::::
    .........................:::::

...........................................................................:::::
    ...........................................................................................:::::

Last edited by gtwo; 01/20/2006 at 12:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingjunior
    Update......Coming to you live from our TC studios in NY where we have continious live footage on the '700P Stalker' . We now have a description of the stalker he has been reported to be wearing a hospital gown backwards, happy feet foam slippers, and what appears to be an outdated Treo in his hand.

If you have seen a man fitting this description you are urged to stay away and call SWAT at 1-800- 700-STALK.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled show ' I have no life'
    Let's send Jack Bauer in to get him with his CTU issued Treo 650.
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    If there was a new one coming out soon, do you think Jack would still be using a 650???
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C
    If there was a new one coming out soon, do you think Jack would still be using a 650???
    Hey Bob-C!

YES.

The episode was probably filmed 6 months ago and the negotiations for product placement probably occurred 6 months before that! Doing a reverse manufacture on your reasonning -- I guess the 700W really isn't out -- since it is not in the show.

Cheers, Perry
    Last edited by gtwo; 01/20/2006 at 01:15 PM.
    What everyone fails to realize is that Perry is a Palm employee who is currently beta-testing the Treo 850p and 850l. He's just playing games with all of us...
    LOL

Don't I WISH !!

(They are beauties though . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . )
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C
    CTU probably got most of the bugs worked out of his 650. Based on Treo's history, they couldn't afford to have more that one reset per episode using a 700(?).
    Gotta love the show
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover