Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 141920212223242526272829 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by surur
    I believe he means released to manufacturers (December 2004), not in hardware.

Surur
    In search of Cobalt...

"We are in the Roswell, New Mexico desert standing just outside of a government facility rumored to house the only known existing copy of Cobalt ever recovered. The government, of course, denies all knowledge. Requests to be interviewed by this program were ignored."
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    LOL !!
    * Peeks head in, sees nothing, moves on * Dam
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingjunior
    * Peeks head in, sees nothing, moves on * Dam
    Silly Season has been waaaay tooooo lonnnggggg, this year !!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Silly Season has been waaaay tooooo lonnnggggg, this year !!!!!!!!!!!!

Perhaps you started it too early.
    Who, me?

I resemble that remark.

Cheers, Perry
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by surur
    Just listened to Needham conference call.
    http://www.wsw.com/webcast/needham13/palm/

A few things I noted.

1) There will be more POS Treo's
    2) There will be more WM Treo's
    3) WM allows them to use advanced Radio technology (EVDO/UMTS)
    4) WM is aimed at Europe
    5) They have partnered with a large international carrier, and want to focus on increasing their worldwide presence.
    6) He did not even mention any other OS's

My Conclusions:

a)There is no EVDO Treo 700p
    b)The Hollywood (antennaless design) is WM, has UMTS, and is targeted at Europe.
    c)The Lowrider will be a cheap device with a NEW formfactor. It will be POS.
    d) No Linux Treo this year, or Access Treo either.

Two slides from the conference which I found interesting.

http://www.wsw.com/webcast/needham13/palm/2__Slide7.JPG

http://www.wsw.com/webcast/needham13...2__Slide24.JPG

Surur

What exactly did you hear in the webcast or subsequently read that led you to believe the 700p would be without EV-DO?
    Do you think the people at Palm are laughing at us...?
    Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alucard
    What exactly did you hear in the webcast or subsequently read that led you to believe the 700p would be without EV-DO?
    If there is another Palm phone it will have EVDO, end of story. Even Palm wouldn't be that stupid. Without EVDO (and definitely without WiFi) it is guaranteed to the worst selling phone ever. Then again, maybe the 700p will just be given away as a loss leader.

I've heard just about enough of this silliness.
    FWIW, I can't imagine the 700p having EV-DO without a whole new OS. There's no way to stretch Frankengarnet to provide EV-DO service.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    They could take pity on us and announce, that would be the kind thing to do.

Yes, they are! At Treo users anyway. They've proven that they like to keep the sheep on hold waiting for better devices. I got tired of being a sheep. They will either announce a Palm OS Treo by April 1, or I'm gone; and I'm already half-way there!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Am thinking about attending "700P" anonymous meetings. Maybe I will find the phone there.
    My name is Perry. I am addicted to TC and my progression of PDAs. I am here to talk, discuss and recover . . . . . .
    Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    They could take pity on us and announce, that would be the kind thing to do.
    Pity? There is no room in this century for pity. To those that crap on you, you must show them the door to the outhouse...
    My name is Perry. I am addicted to TC and my progression of PDAs. I am here to talk, discuss and recover . . . . . .
    Perry, perhaps you should start a 12-Step thread.

AFOB
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray
    Perry, perhaps you should start a 12-Step thread.

AFOB
    The Treo 700P will be my "7th" Step in my PDA Program!

Last edited by gtwo; 01/19/2006 at 12:26 PM.
    The Treo 700P will be my "7th" Step in my PDA Program!

OMG - I better check myself into the funnya farm ASAP - I passed step 12 in 2001 (I'd be ashamed to list them all - my bankruptcy attorney might call).
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Notice how the posts have slowed way down. Must be because we're all at 12 Step meetings OR..... we finally have serenity..... NOT!!!!!!!!!!
    Up the Creek.... Try the River!
    www.riverontheweb.com

Moblog: bluefrog.textamerica.com
    yes, they are laughing and counting the $$'s we all have spent on poorly engineered software and hardware...