Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617181920212227 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    If you're going to trust what Palm has said publicly, then the good news is that more Palm OS Treos are coming, but the bad news is that they won't have Ev-DO as they specifically cited that as an advantage that WM brought to the table.

Umm you might want to rethink that. Sprint didn't build a EVDO network for it to sit there. Somebody has to pay that financed bill. I can't see Sprint accepting anything but a EVDO capable Treo. It's the OS that's in question NOT if it's EVDO capable. That's about the only thing we can be sure of.
    Viking, I don't understand your point. Let me be clearer: Palm execs alluded (or even outright stated - somebody please track down a link) that the Palm OS limited their ability to deliver Ev-DO and that WM made this easy for them. If Palm delivers a new Ev-DO Treo with the Palm OS (and I hope they do) their prior statements will need to be reconciled.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Someone on anothe thread said they paid $50/mo for unlimited EVDO on VZ. That's a nice increase from the price that the Sprint charges for their unlimited data plan. Even if Sprint charges less that $50 it would be a good pop for Sprint's revenue. They'd be foolish not to include it.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Sprint already offers affordable Ev-DO for the PPC-6700. The question is not whether Sprint or Palm would like an Ev-DO 700p, but whether the Palm OS can support it. I want to be proven wrong, but I've got the feeling that Garnet is becoming Palm's choice for their low-end Treos, and WM5 may be for their high-end Treos, with Ev-DO being the driving factor. That said, I'm unclear as to why getting Ev-DO working in Garnet would have been as difficult/impossible as they've suggested.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Well it's all speculation as we don't have any concrete evidence. What does scare me that maybe TC knows something we don't. There is alot of 700w dedicated forums popping up. At this point I don't care if it's Palm's OS or Windows OS. I just want some dam EVDO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    Sprint already offers affordable Ev-DO for the PPC-6700. The question is not whether Sprint or Palm would like an Ev-DO 700p, but whether the Palm OS can support it. I want to be proven wrong, but I've got the feeling that Garnet is becoming Palm's choice for their low-end Treos, and WM5 may be for their high-end Treos, with Ev-DO being the driving factor. That said, I'm unclear as to why getting Ev-DO working in Garnet would have been as difficult/impossible as they've suggested.
    Scott R,
    Do you have any idea what Sprint charges for unlimited EVDO?
    TIA
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger
    Scott R,
    Do you have any idea what Sprint charges for unlimited EVDO?
    TIA

I do, I do............. $15
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    shadowmite said the 700p he saw had evdo
    I am unclear on why there is still speculation as to if the 700P will have EV-DO or not. (WM may have made it easier, but they didn't say it was impossible on the Palm OS.)

1. If not EV-DO, what could the Treo 700P possibly have that I want over a Treo 650? (Yeah, I know, possibly WiFi, but that is not a big benefit to Sprint.)

2. Shadowmite has seen a 700P with EV-DO.

What am I missing here?

Cheers, Perry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    I am unclear on why there is still speculation as to if the 700P will have EV-DO or not. (WM may have made it easier, but they didn't say it was impossible on the Palm OS.)

1. If not EV-DO, what could the Treo 700P possibly have that I want over a Treo 650? (Yeah, I know, possibly WiFi, but that is not a big benefit to Sprint.)

2. Shadowmite has seen a 700P with EV-DO.

What am I missing here?

Cheers, Perry.
    Perry, some are just in denial.
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingjunior
    Perry, some are just in denial.
    Perhaps. Perhaps some are wearing rose-colored glasses.
    They're NOT rose, they're RED!

Hey, here is something we haven't beat into the ground:

What color case do we want on our next Sprint Treo?

I'll start: metallic lilac.
    (Appeal to those women consumers, without offending the guys.)

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 01/10/2006 at 12:17 PM.

Cheers, Perry.
    Yes, Dr. Pangloss
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingjunior
    I do, I do............. $15
    Wow, I thought it would be a lot more than that.

Tks vikingjunior
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray
    Yes, Dr. Pangloss
    I resemble that remark!

Hey, here is something we haven't beat into the ground:

What color case do we want on our next Sprint Treo?

I'll start: metallic lilac.
    (Appeal to those women consumers, without offending the guys.)

Cheers, Perry.

Now, back to that conversation on case color. . . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger
    Wow, I thought it would be a lot more than that.

Tks vikingjunior
    NP, there is a little catch, tethering as reported can be monitored with EVDO.

Now as far as color goes......SAME COLOR....as our 650's
    Vikings don't like purple?

Purple will be fine , can we put some horns on it also that act as a dual antenna.
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Right, just ask Minnesota's NFL team.
    Palm has told several members of the industry they can not develop any further with the current POS for phones and they turned to the linux development of the new POS backbone and to not expect any new Treos on the POS platform. I know this flys in the face of a lot of the rumors out there about new devices. Also note that the following was reported through davespda.com and attributed to ubergizmo.com and IT Week. Do we have any solid proof that Palm is planning to offer a 700p or is this just speculation?

Palm OS Based Treos Far Off, Palm Going All WM [direct]
    Wednesday 12.07.2005 at 05:33 PM
    Rumors just seem to be all over the place on the future of the Palm Treo line. Some are saying Palm will adopt more operating systems while others are saying they will clean house. IT Week is reporting that Palm may bee looking to drop the Palm OS. The article sites the ageing Palm platform that won't be able to match 3G network support already in Windows Mobile 5.0. Palm expects it will take a year to build a product on the new Linux based Palm OS after it is released. PalmSource plans to deliver the Linux based Palm OS in the first half of 2006 meaning Palm likely wouldn't have a device based on the new OS available until 2007.

GSM Palm Treo 700w Later This Year?
    Saturday 01.07.2006 at 03:58 AM
    GSM users might not be left out in the cold with the new Palm Treo 700w. While we already know Verizon is offering a CDMA version of the device, it is being reported that a GSM version of the Treo 700w will be out in the second half of this year. It is unknown if particular carriers in the US and Europe will in fact be offering the device and/or if the device will be available from Palm directly.