Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516171819202126 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by samkim
    Palm convinced me of this by actually stating explicitly that they would release another PalmOS Treo.
    I will bet alot of hard earned money it's going to be a repackaged Treo600 in the new Zire "iPod white" casting.
    Palm convinced me of this by actually stating explicitly that they would release another PalmOS Treo.
    Citation please. What they said was that they would release Palm OS devices and Treo devices. They did not say PalmOSTreo. One must read Palm very carefully.
    People, People, People.

There will be a 700P.

Shadowmite has said he has seen it.

Andrew at Treonauts says it will be here in the first half of 2006.

Sprint personnel have told me it's coming. (Although they would not take my deposit.)

I thought the only questions left were "When and What specs?" not "If?"

Last edited by gtwo; 01/09/2006 at 09:09 PM.
    Right on, Perry!
    Yes what specs. I am hangin on.
    Quote Originally Posted by morningstar1844
    Well there has been no real release of information on the 700P other than vague references to this unit. As of now (my own personal view it that we won't have this unit until the end of March or sometime before the end of April. I guess they really won't have any problems with clearing FCC reg. As I guess it is the same hardware as the 700W
    In that case it must be a Sprint-only device. A GSM device must have GPRS or UMTS. That means a new radio and a new FCC application.
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyboy
    Yes what specs. I am hangin on.
    smileyboy, I see you haven't jumped yet. For the benefit of those on this thread, please click the link below to read where Perry lays it out and has been credited with postponing smileyboy attempted jump from a tall building out of frustration over the anticipated 700p.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=103634
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    I don't think the frustration is from not knowing when it's coming out but what the feature set will be. Give us something to chew on.
    I know it is coming and I believe. But, Palm is soooooo quite about what they are doing. It makes me think
    1. The 700p will be a repackaged 650
    2. 2 of the 3 treos will be wm5 based
    3. there will be no change in the OS. It is so dated.

I look at the SE p990 and scream cuz of how advanced the stupid lil symbian os is. I look at WM what use to be a joke is now 4real. My poor palm os can hardly run Bluetooth. That is scary
    Perhaps shadowmite will give us a few crumbs in the near future.
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray
    Citation please. What they said was that they would release Palm OS devices and Treo devices. They did not say PalmOSTreo. One must read Palm very carefully.
    No.

All you have to do is pay attention.

Colligan said in his clarifying letter two months ago: "We have a rich product roadmap of Palm OS-based handheld computers, mobile managers AND Treo smartphones that we intend to deliver."
    http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/706-1.htm

He confirmed this again in the earnings conference call in December, saying that both platforms, referring to Treos, would continue going forward. Palm execs often refer to the Treo as a platform; that is, he wasn't switching subjects to talk about the OS.
    http://cestockblog.com/article/5274

And in this interview a few days ago on Bloomberg:
    BOWDON: Now, talk about the - I understand you're planning on continuing to sell the Treo 650, which is Palm OS-based. But will you be developing further Palm OS based Treos ?
    COLLIGAN: Absolutely.

http://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...?threadid=5682
  12. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    Colligan has also said that there are 4 Treo models coming out in 2006 (the first being the 700w, obviously). Neither he nor anyone else has yet confirmed officially either the OS or the carriers for the other 3.
    No.

All you have to do is pay attention.
    Okay. I give up, you win.
    Hmmm, 700w and 700P for Sprint...." More Choices"
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingjunior
    Hmmm, 700w and 700P for Sprint...." More Choices"
    Assuming Sprint offers a 700p in the next few months, I can see them also offering a 700w maybe by midyear to also go after the corp market. This will allow VZ to has that exlusive for about 6 months.
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger
    Assuming Sprint offers a 700p in the next few months, I can see them also offering a 700w maybe by midyear to also go after the corp market. This will allow VZ to has that exlusive for about 6 months.

It's OK, Verizon customers can be the Beta testers, in 6 months the bug fixes should be available.
    It's OK, Verizon customers can be the Beta testers, in 6 months the bug fixes should be available.
    By that time they'll have push email ready for you.
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    Isn't that the way it always was in the past - let the Sprint users iron out the bugs in beta 2, then release the phone to CIngular, Verizon, T-Mobile, whoever?
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    If you're going to trust what Palm has said publicly, then the good news is that more Palm OS Treos are coming, but the bad news is that they won't have Ev-DO as they specifically cited that as an advantage that WM brought to the table.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    shadowmite said the 700p he saw had evdo