Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xchpstang
    He doesn't mean Windows Media Player. He means he wants to be able to watch videos whose format is .wmv just like there are videos with .mp4, .asf, etc.... This is analogous to music with different formats such as .mp3, .wma, etc....
    I only asked about WMP because after he mentioned watching, I looked on the internet for wmv(I wasn't really familiar with that format). Treo has Real Player and if they won't play on that, they must certainly play on WMP.

I'm more familiar with mpg, wav and avi. Sorry I sound so uninformed.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I don't use WMP on my hw6515 I use TCMP instead and it runs everything I need.
    I found their website, but where can you download for WM? I didn't see it, only desktop version.

Was I supposed to click on 2003? I have WM5, I guess it's not available for that yet. But I downloaded for XP and will try it out on my laptop. Thanks for the suggestion!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    I found their website, but where can you download for WM? I didn't see it, only desktop version.

Was I supposed to click on 2003? I have WM5, I guess it's not available for that yet. But I downloaded for XP and will try it out on my laptop. Thanks for the suggestion!
    you can download for wm5 from here

Many people have reported that it works fine with wm5.
    Thanks!

And so ends Silly Season, not with a bang but a whimper.
    What exactly is Silly Season? I'm not sure I've heard that term before.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    What exactly is Silly Season? I'm not sure I've heard that term before.
    Silly Season is the topic of the thread; do a search. It is the annual attempt to goad Palm into announcing a new Treo with the feature set de jour. It is based upon the premises that Palm reads Treocentral, gives a damn what the end user, rather than the carriers, wants, and would deliver on our schedule even if they could.

The fact that it has never worked in the past does not deter it. There is no evidence that anyone with influence at Palm reads TreoCentral. They consistently prefer what the carriers want to what the end users want. While they are very good at teasing, they always deliver later than they suggest they will.

Silly Season is really about giving Perry a place to demonstrate that Hope trumps experience and the rest of us a place to vent our frustration and sooth our disappointments.

(Personally I am having so much fun with TomTom on my 650 that I have no energy to expend on speculation about a 700. I am using gas just so I can use TomTom.)
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray
    Silly Season is really about giving Perry a place to demonstrate that Hope trumps experience and the rest of us a place to vent our frustration and sooth our disappointments.

I resemble that remark!!!

Actually, I just thought Silly Season was our annual exercise in guessing the what and the when of the next Palm PDA or Treo. (I have no illusions that what we type during silly season will come true -- for the specs on the 700p were probably finalized 12 months ago. . . . )

And yes -- I STILL BELIEVE (there will be a new Palm OS Treo.) Many thought me totally hopeless back 2 months ago. I think I am now back to only half hopeless. 1/4?

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 12/04/2005 at 09:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden

Actually, I just thought Silly Season was our annual exercise in guessing the what and the when of the next Palm PDA or Treo. (I have no illusions that what we type during silly season will come true -- for the specs on the 700p were probably finalized 12 months ago. . . . )

And yes -- I STILL BELIEVE (there will be a new Palm OS Treo.) Many thought me totally hopeless back 2 months ago. I think I am now back to only half hopeless. 1/4?

Cheers, Perry.
    lol
    If they do come out with a 700P.... would it be better to use on the Verizon network or shold I switch over to Sprint!? LDXOJ
    Sprint Data Plan = $15 per month.

What is the Sprint service coverage in the areas you frequent? Every carrier has their hot and cold spots. . . .
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    i'm cheering for perry & the 700p! woooooo!!! silly season is fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden

Cheers, Perry.
    I do too. But the question is when and how good will it be compared to all the other new devices coming out? They are either putting too many eggs into the WM Treo or just plain ignoring Palm OS users; thinking we're so in love with the 650, we don't want or need anything better. So they put it sort of on the back burner. No I'm not happy with all the commotion over the WM Treo .

However, they gave us a great PDA(TX). But we want the phone too! We want the phone too!

I'm not trying to start anything and I know how unreliable Sprint Store employees can be at times but...

I was in a store dealing with some phones for my company and I noticed that the manager I was dealing with had a 650, I commented that I "heard" there was a new Treo coming out. Her response was 1) there will be a 670 running Palm OS and the 700 running windows and 2) she thought they would be out for the holidays.

I thought someone mentioned the 670 before, has anyone else heard this?
    its getting a little late to be out for the holidays, won't happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by wballz33
    its getting a little late to be out for the holidays, won't happen.
    I agree, no one has mentioned FCC filings for a Treo 670 or a 700p yet.
    Santa promises to leave a shiny new 700P under all of your trees this Xmas. If it's not there when you wake up it's because your significant other, tired of having to compete with your Treo for attention during conversation, dragged out it back and smashed it into a million pieces. HO! HO! HO!
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    LOL

More truth there, then I would care to admit.
    Quote Originally Posted by GalenMD
    What are the chances the the 700p could be converted to Vz?
    Heres something you might find interesting Galen. I am told that by May, the WM5 Treo might be available on Sprint. That makes me think that perhaps Sprint and Verizon have traded favors. Sprint gets the Treo 700W and Verizon gets the Treo 700P. This is certainly not a sure thing, but the guy who told me had pretty good credentials. It actually makes sense for both Service Providers to have two new exclusive Treos instead of just one. Palm certainly gets to sell more smartphones that way and by May they should likely have cranked up the volume a bit more and have more Treo 700s coming off the production lines.