Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 260 of 582
  1. #241  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    From Andrew at www.TREONAUTS.COM

    A recent investment report by Sagio Investments, one of the largest Palm shareholders, covers Palm’s current business strategy and more importantly provides more details on future Treo releases for 2006 below.

    January 2006: Treo 700w (WM 5.0, ED-VO) exclusively from Verizon
    January 2006: Treo 700p (Palm OS) exclusively from Sprint
    What are the chances the the 700p could be converted to Vz? My co-workers with Sprint get no signal where I work. Vz is perfect. I am about 10 months into my Verizonfied Sprint 650, but I am getting worried that it is starting to fail due to too many falls. I don't really want to invest in all new software.
  2. #242  
    Quote Originally Posted by GalenMD
    What are the chances the the 700p could be converted to Vz?.....
    IMHO, not very good. While both Vz and Sprint use CDMA, their Treos are very different. If there is a 700p and it is successful, Vz may release one but, given their agreements with MS and Palm on the 700w, I would expect it to be late.
  3. #243  
    Quote Originally Posted by GalenMD
    What are the chances the the 700p could be converted to Vz? My co-workers with Sprint get no signal where I work. Vz is perfect. I am about 10 months into my Verizonfied Sprint 650, but I am getting worried that it is starting to fail due to too many falls. I don't really want to invest in all new software.
    Not sure, however, I would expect the Sprint 700p to be able to roam on the Verizon network, so take it from there. . . . . .
  4. #244  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Not sure, however, I would expect the Sprint 700p to be able to roam on the Verizon network, so take it from there. . . . . .
    Does that happen now?
  5. #245  
    whm...yes, when a sprint treo roams it is using verizon's network
  6. #246  
    Quote Originally Posted by slinky
    It wasn't misunderstood. Insecure people seem to feel a need to try to talk down to others because it makes them feel superior. My own resume speaks for itself so personally I don't care what other stupid remarks you make here. I'm finished with this topic. Enjoy.
    I talk down to you because you spew hate. Your comments are ignorant and insulting. And you imply that Ed Colligan, Palm's CEO, is evil and dishonest. These are your words:

    Do you believe ANY CEO that talks about their company? Please, will you allow me to sell you something without recourse?
    Like most criminals, they never believe they will get caught -- and the sad fact is they don't.
    What you fail to appreciate is that the CEO would like to get that huge bonus that he doesn't deserve. If he can keep up the hype, keep up some semblance that the company has prospects, he'll take the bonus and deal with whatever crap happens later.
    And what's your basis for this? You say:
    I've worked with plenty of these CEOs.
    Right. As I said before, you deal only in stereotypes. Your comments indicate a lack of familiarity.


    I've never met Ed Colligan, and I don't know whether he's more or less dishonest than you, but I haven't heard him speak unsubstantiated nonsense.

    On the other hand, if he has lied, he should be held accountable. As I said to Jimmie in another thread, if you have evidence that Colligan or others have lied about the company or are otherwise engaged in criminal activity, I suggest you take it to the SEC.
    http://sec.gov/complaint.shtml
  7. #247  
    LADYTREO I DON'T want WM5 on my Treo. Just a way to watch WMV's with my Palm OS.
  8. #248  
    it is pretty funny about all the rumors keeping you all waiting from making the obvious jump to a new device, it smells of Palm people spreading a few themselves to keep you faithful while they try to figure things out. why in the world world they not want to have any new Treo out for the holiday season? since they don't that tells me it will be March or later before you see any new devices. I do not know this to be a fact BUT there is no obvious reason why they wouldn't want to win a little busines at the biggest selling time of the year when 100's of thousands of buying decisions on cell phones are made...UNLESS they are only going to market the new WM5 Treo to the business market and not to the casual users...hmmmmm...

    By the way the Plantronics Discovery 640 Bluetooth is the best thing since sliced bread. Being able to dial by using Voice Command with Bluetooth is awesome.
  9. #249  
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    it is pretty funny about all the rumors keeping you all waiting from making the obvious jump to a new device, it smells of Palm people spreading a few themselves to keep you faithful while they try to figure things out.......
    Welcome to silly season. We pay extra to be treated this way.
  10. slinky's Avatar
    Posts
    578 Posts
    Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    #250  
    Quote Originally Posted by samkim
    I talk down to you because you spew hate. Your comments are ignorant and insulting. And you imply that Ed Colligan, Palm's CEO, is evil and dishonest.
    No, I never implied that at all. That's your twisted reading. My take on words carefully prepared for release from any offier of a public company with a degree of caution. What is released to the street is, in a very large sense, what advertising and public relations is all about. Every heard of the word "puffing?"

    Quote Originally Posted by samkim
    And what's your basis for this? You say:
    Right. As I said before, you deal only in stereotypes. Your comments indicate a lack of familiarity.
    Wrong. My comments come as a professional who was one of those responsible for reviewing whether the words that the CEO from a public company wanted to say were within legal boundaries. That would put me square in the "seen it before" category and know how things work in the industry. All these items must be read very carefully to truly get the gist of what is being said.

    I've never met Ed Colligan, and I don't know whether he's more or less dishonest than you, but I haven't heard him speak unsubstantiated nonsense. On the other hand, if he has lied, he should be held accountable. As I said to Jimmie in another thread, if you have evidence that Colligan or others have lied about the company or are otherwise engaged in criminal activity, I suggest you take it to the SEC.
    http://sec.gov/complaint.shtml
    You're being absurd, childish and completely inaccurate. Nobody said he lied except for you. I treat him just like all other CEOs and reports from "independent" auditors. You better not take everything at face value because if you don't see the subtly chances are you aren't seeing the big picture.
  11. #251  
    Quote Originally Posted by slinky
    No, I never implied that at all. That's your twisted reading.
    Now you're lying.


    DrDoom said:
    Because Colligan HAS said twice now (once during the web-cast, again in the letter to developers) that there will be. Why would he out right lie about that?
    You responded:
    Do you believe ANY CEO that talks about their company? Please, will you allow me to sell you something without recourse?
    Nobody said he lied except for you.
    Now you're implying that I said he lied. You just make stuff up because it sounds good in your head?
  12. slinky's Avatar
    Posts
    578 Posts
    Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    #252  
    Quote Originally Posted by samkim
    Now you're lying.

    DrDoom said:
    Quote:
    Because Colligan HAS said twice now (once during the web-cast, again in the letter to developers) that there will be. Why would he out right lie about that?

    You responded:
    Quote:
    Do you believe ANY CEO that talks about their company? Please, will you allow me to sell you something without recourse?
    You're obviously a moron now playing semantic games. Did you just read what puffing is or do you just not understand what misleading yet "technically accurate" quotes are? I never said per se "the CEO is a liar and an evil guy." He's like every other CEO and it's too bad you've never been inside an executive meeting and just another self-righteous jerk who wants to pick a fight here.

    Quote Originally Posted by samkim
    Nobody said he lied except for you.

    Now you're implying that I said he lied. You just make stuff up because it sounds good in your head?
    It seems like you're the only one hallucinating because nothing in your above smart aleck remark says that the CEO lied. My point is you can't takie his words at face value to imply it to mean anything that others are reading into it. A CEO can say "we absolutely plan to have out Product ABC" and they do... on paper. What they don't say is that it's not yet official that many signs internally lead to the fact that it won't make sense to produce ABC and then the plan will be scrapped later.

    Considering it was my job to review such statements and the above makes perfect sense, quit your inane banter and defense of CEOs around the world and stop embarassing yourself further and let us get back to the thread.
  13. #253  
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyboy
    LADYTREO I DON'T want WM5 on my Treo. Just a way to watch WMV's with my Palm OS.
    Sorry, I didn't understand what you meant.

    I'm now assuming you mean you want Windows Media Player on the Treo? If so, that would be good!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  14. #254  
    Quote Originally Posted by slinky
    You're obviously a moron now playing semantic games.
    Now you're name calling. At least you're consistent.
    Did you just read what puffing is or do you just not understand what misleading yet "technically accurate" quotes are? I never said per se "the CEO is a liar and an evil guy."
    This is called, "using the straw-man argument." You defended yourself against a made-up accusation, changing "dishonest" to "liar" and "imply" to "said". You're playing, "semantic games."

    My statement was straightforward. It's easier to repeat from my earlier post:


    Your comments are ignorant and insulting. And you imply that Ed Colligan, Palm's CEO, is evil and dishonest. These are your words:

    "Do you believe ANY CEO that talks about their company? Please, will you allow me to sell you something without recourse?"

    "Like most criminals, they never believe they will get caught -- and the sad fact is they don't."

    "What you fail to appreciate is that the CEO would like to get that huge bonus that he doesn't deserve. If he can keep up the hype, keep up some semblance that the company has prospects, he'll take the bonus and deal with whatever crap happens later."



    He's like every other CEO
    perhaps
    and it's too bad you've never been inside an executive meeting
    wrong
    and just another self-righteous jerk
    "just another"? Now that's insulting.
    who wants to pick a fight here.
    As I mentioned before, I have a problem with people who spew hate. It's a problem, I know; and I have to fix that. I also have a problem with people who post inaccurate information, but I'm not saying you do that (unless you consider hate and insults to be inaccurate information).

    Considering it was my job to review such statements and the above makes perfect sense, quit your inane banter and defense of CEOs around the world and stop embarassing yourself further and let us get back to the thread.
    You don't enjoy my inane banter? As I said before, when you talk about the corporate world and your "job", you betray a lack of familiarity. But then, you don't care what I say. Btw, what was your job title?
  15. slinky's Avatar
    Posts
    578 Posts
    Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    #255  
    Quote Originally Posted by samkim
    You don't enjoy my inane banter? As I said before, when you talk about the corporate world and your "job", you betray a lack of familiarity. But then, you don't care what I say. Btw, what was your job title?
    Corporate Counsel. Having seen what I have in the industry I have a great deal of sympathy for shareholders. The Tycos and Enrons are just the visible examples of blatant disregard. Of course not 100% of executives are crooks or have a lack of moral fiber but the number that feel that they are innocuously rewarding themselves for their "superior" performances is disturbing.
  16. #256  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    Sorry, I didn't understand what you meant.

    I'm now assuming you mean you want Windows Media Player on the Treo? If so, that would be good!
    He doesn't mean Windows Media Player. He means he wants to be able to watch videos whose format is .wmv just like there are videos with .mp4, .asf, etc.... This is analogous to music with different formats such as .mp3, .wma, etc....
  17. #257  
    So you're saying you're an attorney? Oh boy.
    Clearly you're not going to back down from the claim that you ever had a job that didn't involve sorting a cash drawer. And I doubt there's anything you can say at this point to convince me otherwise. Let's just leave it at that.
  18. alucard's Avatar
    Posts
    33 Posts
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    #258  
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    By the way the Plantronics Discovery 640 Bluetooth is the best thing since sliced bread. Being able to dial by using Voice Command with Bluetooth is awesome.

    Do you mean Sprint's Voice Command, or some other voice-activated dialing means?
  19. #259  
    Quote Originally Posted by samkim
    So you're saying you're an attorney? Oh boy.
    Clearly you're not going to back down from the claim that you ever had a job that didn't involve sorting a cash drawer. And I doubt there's anything you can say at this point to convince me otherwise. Let's just leave it at that.
    I think that it is time for both of you to back down. You are carrying Silly Season too far. Can we agree that you have each already had the last word?
  20. #260  
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray
    I think that it is time for both of you to back down. You are carrying Silly Season too far. Can we agree that you have each already had the last word?
    Yeah, how about something useful? Like what features, what services, when.

Posting Permissions