Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast
    go read thew article at www.treonauts.com. The new Treo 700p will look exactly like the 700w. BS. I am outa herew!!!
    Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by samkim
    Er, no. Not a stereotype. Just wrong.

My comment had nothing to do with being politically correct. You claimed to have worked with "plenty of CEOs" but your posts make it clear that it was just a childish boast.
    It's called experience. Your condescending tone makes it obvious that your observations are of limited benefit.
    I hope they're not trying to pass those photos off as real. Look at where the 700w's Verizon logo was obviously blotted out on the 700p photo. And the Hollywood is a doctored picture of the phone right above it.

BTW, if the 700w is a VZW exclusive and the 700p a Sprint, then what OS are Hollywood and Lowrider gonna have loaded on them?
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    go read thew article at www.treonauts.com. The new Treo 700p will look exactly like the 700w. BS. I am outa herew!!!
    I am willing to wait and see. I actually like the 650 design.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    I wouldn't jump to that conclusion from that report. The reported said that 700w and 700p will share the same form factor, but this does not necessarily mean that it will have the same design. All this could mean is that they have the same generally layout. Treo 600, 650 and 700 all have the same form factor but they are all different.

However, if you are looking for a sliding keyboard design, and then yes, you will be disappointed.
    Quote Originally Posted by slinky
    It's called experience. Your condescending tone makes it obvious that your observations are of limited benefit.
    I'm glad my tone was not misunderstood. And your experience is clear as well.
    This is all I would need to sell the farm. At least 64MB + WiFi ... and I'll show em' the munny:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Patrick Horne
    I hope the next Palm OS Treo has
    96mb no just the new min of 64mb
    3G capable
    WMV software included
    BT 1.4v
    the new 700 or 650 form factor is fine for me. JUST No Antenna
    3.5mm stereo Jack
    Better than avarage speakerphone
    I hope all the PIMs are updated and the launcher has built in skin abilites and sd card access abilities (similar to what zlauncher and powerrun apps bring).
    I think that is all for now.
    Quote Originally Posted by LiveFaith
    This is all I would need to sell the farm. At least 64MB + WiFi ... and I'll show em' the munny:
    I agree! No Wi-Fi, no sale! Unless they include drivers so you can access by Wi-Fi SD card. Increased memory is needed too.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyboy
    I hope the next Palm OS Treo has
    96mb no just the new min of 64mb
    3G capable
    WMV software included

BT 1.4v
    the new 700 or 650 form factor is fine for me. JUST No Antenna
    3.5mm stereo Jack
    Better than avarage speakerphone
    I hope all the PIMs are updated and the launcher has built in skin abilites and sd card access abilities (similar to what zlauncher and powerrun apps bring).
    I think that is all for now.
    They'd make us pay big money for the first 2, I bet! But I don't see how they can have WMV(assuming that means WM5) software on the PALM OS Treo.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    I agree! No Wi-Fi, no sale! Unless they include drivers so you can access by Wi-Fi SD card. Increased memory is needed too.
    What good is Wi-Fi on an SD card in a device that does not have enough memory w/o a big memory card. What good is Wi-Fi on an SD card if it shortens battery life below the necessary threshold. Good design is about trade-offs.
    I saw an SD Wi-Fi card in one of the WM Treo pictures.

http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000867059961

So they better do the same or better(built-in Wi-Fi) for the new Palm Treo, if there is one. And yes, they should increase the memory, that goes without saying! If the Palm TX had a phone, it would be the perfect Treo!

Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by samkim
    I'm glad my tone was not misunderstood. And your experience is clear as well.
    It wasn't misunderstood. Insecure people seem to feel a need to try to talk down to others because it makes them feel superior. My own resume speaks for itself so personally I don't care what other stupid remarks you make here. I'm finished with this topic. Enjoy.
    Well, ladyTreo, Since Windows gets Palm to make a Treo. I think us Palm users shoul dbe able to get a WMV version for Palm os
    Please disregard this post. I didn't understand what the above poster meant.
    Last edited by The Phone Diva; 11/29/2005 at 03:29 AM.

From Andrew at www.TREONAUTS.COM

oops -- sorry Treoneo -- didn't see your post above -- anyway, here is the text:

Posted by Andrew on November 26, 2005 at 10:54 PM in SURPRISES | Permalink | Comments (1) | TrackBack (1)
    Treo 2006 Product Pipeline Update
    Two weeks ago in my post “Treo Family: More Babies Due in 2006?” I provided information based on an analyst report about the forthcoming Treo 700w running Windows Mobile, Treo 700p running PalmOS as well as two new mysteriously codenamed “Hollywood” and “Lowrider” Treo smartphones – the first being a high-end model and the second a mid-market one priced in the $200 to $300 range.

A recent investment report by Sagio Investments, one of the largest Palm shareholders, covers Palm’s current business strategy and more importantly provides more details on future Treo releases for 2006 below.

January 2006: Treo 700w (WM 5.0, ED-VO) exclusively from Verizon
    January 2006: Treo 700p (Palm OS) exclusively from Sprint
    March-May 2006: "Hollywood" - a fancier 3G/GSM smartphone without external antenna to appeal to European customers; in US likely to be launched by Cingular
    March-May 2006: "Lowrider" - a sub-$300 device and entry-level PDA, compatible to previous-generation network radios
    Specifically the report also states that “We know that PALM will introduce four new models in CY 06. In January they will introduce the already announced Treo 700 Windows which will be a Verizon exclusivity it will be the first EV-DO Treo on the market. Around the same time we believe PALM will launch a Treo 700p running PALM OS on the Sprint network, both devices will keep same form factor and will capitalize on the Treo strong foothold in the US enterprise Market.”

This is the first rumour that I have come across from a reputable source which points out that both new forthcoming Treo 700 models will keep the same form factor (below) with the only difference being the operating system which will be Windows Mobile on the first and PalmOS on the second and the differently labeled navigation buttons.

The other interesting thing is that the Treo codenamed “Hollywood” rumoured to have no external antenna (an absolute must for the European market because of design sensibilities) and also to be slimmer than our current Treo 650 (see below) appears to be aimed exclusively at the GSM market (with Cingular in the US market and probably Orange in the European one) and will finally also support 3G high-speed data connectivity. An educated guess is that this model will be priced higher than our Treo 650 in the $700 to $800 (which I will more than happily pay when it becomes available because I have been yearning for an antenna-less Treo for some time).

Overall, it looks like each of the large US wireless carriers have placed their ‘Treo bets’ as will each have their own ‘signature’ Treo smartphone for an exclusive period of up to six months in 2006. Verizon will have the CDMA 700w running Windows Mobile while Sprint will have the CDMA 700p running PalmOS and finally Cingular will have the new GSM Treo “Hollywood”. Meanwhile, the mid-market Treo “Lowrider” may become a model that all carriers take on board to appeal to a wider market.

Separately, on the business side of things, highlights of Sagio’s investment research report include:

Smartphones represented 67% of revenues in 1Q06, growing 167% yoy. Palm also picked up market share in the US with 31% of the market second only to RIMM (55%). PALM had 11% of worldwide market share behind both RIMM (22%) and NOKIA (17%).
    Palm's handheld market-share in the US is 61%
    According to industry report the market for data enabled devices (Treo and Blackberry line) will grow tenfold by 2008 passing from an estimated 4 million devices to an estimated 40 million
    Push Email is the first real killer-app for Smartphones and compares it to the introduction on of spreadsheets and Word for PC.
    Palm has a competitive advantage because it can run the most Push email systems on the market
    Palm has a very high chance to ship over 2.5 million Smartphones in fiscal 2006
    They conclude that Palm's stock valuation is currently "cheap" and compare it's price to Apple Computer's before the company introduced the iPod line
    Based on their valuation model, P/E is below 10
    PDA business is still very profitable and Palm is gaining market share
    Palm has innovation edge -> first hdd-based PDA (LifeDrive)
    Palm has a "quasi monopoly" on Palm OS handhelds
    Palm is closing in on smartphone business only behind RIM and Nokia
    Palm is growing faster than the overall market
    Treo 650 is leading smartphone today
    Demand for "data enabled devices" will grow tenfold by 2008
    Microsoft-Palm "Treo 700" deal will help Palm to gain market share in Europe
    Push e-mail technology may soon become available to Palm
    Palm has a promising product pipeline
    Analysts are wrong, because of: incorrect estimates on Treo sales, wrong margin estimates
    Palm is cheap, says investor [MobileRead]
    Treo 700p, Hollywood, Lowrider Treos Coming Next Year [Palm Infocenter]

Note: if someone has a copy of the original Sagio PDF report which is no longer available online could you please email it to me at treonauts[at]pobox.com. Thanks!

Treonauts cannot wait for 2006 to arrive…

Posted by Andrew on November 25, 2005 at 02:25 PM in TREO ZEN PREVIEW | Permalink | Comments (16) | TrackBack (0)

I BELIEVE . . . . . .
    Last edited by gtwo; 11/28/2005 at 06:34 AM.
    Perry-
    Here's hoping!
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    Perry-
    Here's hoping!
    The money is set aside. . . . .

Cheers, Perry.
    Sagio responds to the rumor mill
    cervezas @ 11/23/2005 9:21:45 AM #

I got a concerned email from Gualtiero Giori of Sagio Investments yesterday. They want to set some facts straight and asked me to post this part of the letter:

Geneva, 22nd of November 2005-11-22

In response to recent information circulating about Sagio Investments :

The research report titled "Palm is Cheap" was prepared by our research team and published on our website after the appropriate legal disclaimer. This report has been on our website for more than four weeks and explains the case of our interest in Palm. We posted this report in order to give fair access to our research and conclusions to other shareholders and investors. Only then we acted on the information disclosed to progressively increase our position in Palm until Friday's 13G filing. The website makes it very clear that Sagio is an investment advisor and that we own shares in PALM. This report was posted prior to any filing and has been publicly available on our website for a month. There is absolutely no link between this report and our 13G filing of yesterday or any current position.

We did not authorize any distribution or use of this report on other websites than our own. We will be tracking and taking legal action against any unauthorized reproduction of our content that may have been done in the last days.

In response to certain media reports we would like to note that our position in PALM is well known. We have filed a 13G, we mentioned our 5% interest in the publicly available letter to BOD and we have stated on our website that PALM is one of our largest holdings. We also note that our position in PALM is a long term holding and that it is not our intention to take advantages of daily fluctuations.

We also would like to add that at no point in the report we "urge" investors to buy PALM shares and that the report itself does not disclose any buy rating. On the contrary, the report refers to analyst’s published information which diverges with our view as investors.

In order to avoid any improper use or distribution by third parties of this internal report, we will remove it from our website. We regret to see that once again small investors will be deprived of access to proper independent information, thus perpetrating the misinformation and inefficiency that too often characterizes today's financial markets.

------

Mr. Giori also mentions that since a month ago when they wrote that analysis they have revised their estimate of the release of the Palm OS version of the Treo 700 to Mar/Apr with "high degree of convinction."
    http://www.palminfocenter.com/commen...ID=8224#115499

Surur
    One must be very careful with such statements in thinly held, thinly traded, and low priced stocks. They may be part of a "pump and dump" scheme. If one is an investor and believes that a stock is cheap, one buys it; one does not tell others about it. Speculation about non-public information in such statements is not reliable.