1.    #1  
    Back in the old days we used to have to take our phones into Sprint to periodically get software updates. A good sign you needed this was when you started dropping calls or got lousy service in area where you used to get good service.

With my Treo 600 I have not had to do this. I installed the update from Sprint a LONG time ago and have had no issues. Now lately I've been getting lousy reception and dropped calls.

My info is this:

Software: Treo600-1.20-SPR
    Hardware: B

Is there another update I should have?
    Sean Dotson, PE
    http://www.sdotson.com
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Not likely you're going to see anymore updates. Palm is all about the 650 and 700w now. Even the 650 is probably done with updates.
    Probably not what you wanted to hear, but that's the reality.
    Quote Originally Posted by sdotson
    Back in the old days we used to have to take our phones into Sprint to periodically get software updates. A good sign you needed this was when you started dropping calls or got lousy service in area where you used to get good service.

With my Treo 600 I have not had to do this. I installed the update from Sprint a LONG time ago and have had no issues. Now lately I've been getting lousy reception and dropped calls.

My info is this:

Software: Treo600-1.20-SPR
    Hardware: B

Is there another update I should have?
    If you want the update to increase your signal streangth and increase your roaming capabilities you need to call sprint tech support and ask them to flag you for a PRL update. Then you wait 2 hours then call *2 it will then prompt to program your phone OTA.

This use to be real easy with verizon, we would just call *228

Sprint for some reason wants to make it difficult. Mabey since you will roam more if you dont do the updates so then they can charge you more.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the info. I'll give it a shot.
    Sean Dotson, PE
    I couldnt get *2 to update mine. I read around and it looks like we can do it ourselves.

1) Open the dial pad
    2) dial ##data which is ##3282
    3) press menu
    4) select "update vision profile"

My PRL is 10029 and that is the newest. Mabe if you have the latest then dialing *2 dosent work.
    And even though it is a roaming list it still sometimes contains info for the phone unrelated to roaming.
  6.    #6  
    Yes, I have 10029 as well. Just the last week my signal in my odffice has gone from 4 bars to roaming. Could be a problem w/ the local tower...?
    Sean Dotson, PE
    All...I did steps 1,2, and 3 then I couldn't find update vision profile, where is that in the menu, my tro must be really old...I have the 600. Any Feed back please?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by malsalah
    All...I did steps 1,2, and 3 then I couldn't find update vision profile, where is that in the menu, my tro must be really old...I have the 600. Any Feed back please?
    Thanks
    Sorry those steps work on a 650. You can go to phone info to see if you even need to update your PRL. Maybey a 600 user will chime in and give the steps.

Quote Originally Posted by sdotson
    Yes, I have 10029 as well. Just the last week my signal in my odffice has gone from 4 bars to roaming. Could be a problem w/ the local tower...?
    I roam at home depot, i think its the building, but if you had good reception at that building last week, thats odd, i guess it could be the tower,,,,,,,dunno
    it worked on mine. I have a 600. I think you forgot after entering the number ##3282 to press the dial button. The Menu Button is on the lower right button of your phone. My PRL is 10024 still I guess it's only applied to 650 users.
    That's weird, PRL should be the same for all Sprint phones regardless of type.