1.    #1  
    Hello. I have a Treo 650 for Sprint. It's been working great until recently. Now, for some reason, when I go to the web, it brings up the first web page fine. As soon as I go to another webpage, or back to HOME, it resets. The only third party software I have is FileZ and Volume Care - both of which I have had for awhile with no problems. If anyone knows what might be causing this, I would appreciate any advice - thanks!
    Try deleting the cookies, history and cache.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    I just started noticing this myself as well. like a good 80% of the time, if I hit home when using blazer, my phone resets.

pretty annoying...
  4.    #4  
    where would I find the cookies, history and cache? In FileZ? Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by durex
    I just started noticing this myself as well. like a good 80% of the time, if I hit home when using blazer, my phone resets.

pretty annoying...
    The only time this happened to me was when Blazer was in the middle of receiving a large stream of data and I interupted it by pressing the home key. It didn't seem to like that at all...
    David
    Quote Originally Posted by NancyChiri
    where would I find the cookies, history and cache? In FileZ? Thanks.
    While in the web hit the menu key and then preferences and i believe that there is an option to clear the cahce and cookies... (I don't have my treo in front of me, so I might be off a little)
    I've seen Blazer reset on every Cingular 650 I've tried (from store demo models, to my own four), using the following set of events. Try and see if yours resets:

1. Select the Globe-looking icon that allows you to go a web page. Hit History, and on the history page, hit Clear All. Then hit Clear. Then hit Cancel.
    2. Then select the House-looking icon. When asked if you want to connect to the internet, select "No". (I still have it set so it prompts this each time)

Right then, it resets. (At least I don't have to load the SoftReset program to reset while the Silicone Skin is on)
    Quote Originally Posted by NancyChiri
    Hello. I have a Treo 650 for Sprint. It's been working great until recently. Now, for some reason, when I go to the web, it brings up the first web page fine. As soon as I go to another webpage, or back to HOME, it resets. The only third party software I have is FileZ and Volume Care - both of which I have had for awhile with no problems. If anyone knows what might be causing this, I would appreciate any advice - thanks!

Hey..

Some 3rd party apps would cause Blazer to reset. In my case a freeware app called WatchMaker was causing my reset. I got rid of WatchMaker and the resets stopped. It does not appear to be the case with you with 3rd party apps.

However Blazer is prone to errors. TrafficStat on my phone said I had 96 Blazer errors in 5 days. I believe it has something to do with the Blazer memory and the phones cache.

So what I did was go into menues (while Blazer/web is running) Scroll over to options, to preferences, open, go to advanced tab, open. then check Clear cache on exit box, then up at the top Set memory limit for starting pages Change the default setting of 1 MB to .05 MB . This got rid of my Blazer errors (according to TrafficStat) and the Blazer appears to load faster.

Clearing cookies will do nothing except delay your access to certain sites.

Chuck

Sprint/T650 1.08
  9.    #9  
    Hey - that seems to have done the trick - thank you!! And...the blazer DOES seem to load faster. A twofer - thanks to all of you for your help.