1.    #1  
    I went from a MOT V710 which in my APT and all over NYC had full service at all times. Now I have the TREO 650 and it most often has 1 to 2 bars? WHAT GIVES?

I still have my v710 and do a side by side test and it's not even a contest

I'm frustrated and overall not very happy with the 650...

any ideas?
    Same carrier?
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insp_Gadget
    Same carrier?

Yes, both VZW, also, I have a blackberry with Cingular and another phone with Tmobile and another with VZW all have great service....
  4. PSM
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    I know this isn't what you want to hear, and I don't doubt that you're having problems, but I went from a v710 to Treo 650 in NYC, and I have lost a bar, if that, in most places I go. The v710 is generally regarded as the best RF of any Verizon phone, so any other phone will probably do worse. I had heard about problems with the RF on the Treo, but I've found it to work fine everywhere I expect it to, and it struggles in the same places as my v710 used to. Most of the time I have 4 bars, unless I'm in a room with no windows.

Again, I don't doubt that you're having problems, but I just wanted to point out that I am in exactly the same situation as you and I have great service, so your experience does not reflect problems with all Treos.
    I know this is off topic, but if you still have your Verizon v710, you might want to take a look at this if you're not already aware of it:

http://www.engadget.com/entry/123400...0681/#comments

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/f...tices/v710.jsp
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawson819
    I know this is off topic, but if you still have your Verizon v710, you might want to take a look at this if you're not already aware of it:

http://www.engadget.com/entry/123400...0681/#comments

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/f...tices/v710.jsp

I knew about the Bluetooth problem but not one person told me about the settlement...So in other words, I can return my phone to verizon for the full purchase price and apply that to another phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosiecomeout
    I knew about the Bluetooth problem but not one person told me about the settlement...So in other words, I can return my phone to verizon for the full purchase price and apply that to another phone?
    That's the way I understood it.....and you can walk from your contract without penalty.
    I've only been on two different carriers (Sprint and now Cingular) but have had multiple phones (both palin and converged - a four unit family plan both times). I don't think "bars" of signal strength are very reliable. I've had my wife's and daughter's Moto v551's side by side showing different signal strength meter readings. And my old 650 on Sprint consistantly had fewer bars than my wife's Samsung, yet I got just as good a signal (voice and sound wise) as she did.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawson819
    That's the way I understood it.....and you can walk from your contract without penalty.

thanks, mailed out the claim form today and I guess I just have to wait now.....

Thinking about taking the treo 650 back and using my v710 until I get my refund voucher and then by that point the treo 700 should be out...
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    dstrauss is right on this. The number of bars on one phone should not be compared to another. My 650 often has fewer bars than my wife's LGvx3200, yet I seem to get better connections. I have often placed calls with no bars and had fine conversations.