Page 6 of 49 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 961
  1. #101  
    Hey Shimon

    I download and installed 4cast 1.65 (020) on my Sprint/T650 and WOW!!! Most excellent app.

    Auto refresh works great, 5 way and keyboard support is great. Being an over the road truck driver, this app is a must have. The maps look exactly like the weather maps on the truck stop weather television.

    With 4cast, I can update weather reports and maps on the fly and plan my route.

    Outstanding work.

    I am using 4cast as a stand alone and not as a plugin for 2day or ZL. The only problem I noticed is the log is not being used by the app even though I have the log enabled.

    Chuck
  2. #102  
    Shimon,

    I was on the internet today at the time 4cast was due to refresh (10:00pm) and my phone reset. The system error log says:

    A reset was caused on 12/16/05 at 9:59 pm while running "4cast":

    Fatal Exception

    My system:
    Verizon Treo 600
    Blazer v3.0
    4Cast 1.65 (020)

    Let me know if you need any other info.

    Thanks.
  3. #103  
    One more thing: my log is working, I have several entries. But I don't see one for the time that this reset occured.

    By the way, it looks like the log is in chronological order. Is that right?
  4. dwman's Avatar
    Posts
    896 Posts
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    #104  
    Interesting....my log now works too. Shimon, did you make any recent changes?
  5.    #105  
    Quote Originally Posted by chckhbrt
    Hey Shimon

    I download and installed 4cast 1.65 (020) on my Sprint/T650 and WOW!!! Most excellent app.

    Auto refresh works great, 5 way and keyboard support is great. Being an over the road truck driver, this app is a must have. The maps look exactly like the weather maps on the truck stop weather television.

    With 4cast, I can update weather reports and maps on the fly and plan my route.

    Outstanding work.

    I am using 4cast as a stand alone and not as a plugin for 2day or ZL. The only problem I noticed is the log is not being used by the app even though I have the log enabled.

    Chuck
    Thanks so much.

    The log should only log errors in communications, so if all is well - it will stay empty.

    Drive carefully...
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
  6.    #106  
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs
    Shimon,

    I was on the internet today at the time 4cast was due to refresh (10:00pm) and my phone reset. The system error log says:

    A reset was caused on 12/16/05 at 9:59 pm while running "4cast":

    Fatal Exception

    My system:
    Verizon Treo 600
    Blazer v3.0
    4Cast 1.65 (020)

    Let me know if you need any other info.

    Thanks.
    Hi,

    You mean you were in Blazer, and let the refresh start ?
    When did the reset occur ?
    Did you see the 4cast main screen ?
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
  7. #107  
    No, I was in Blazer browsing the internet at the time 4cast was due to refresh. I didn't see the 4cast screen at all I just suspected it caused the crash because of the timing. It was only when I launched ##377 that I confirmed it actually was 4cast that caused the reset.
  8.    #108  
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs
    No, I was in Blazer browsing the internet at the time 4cast was due to refresh. I didn't see the 4cast screen at all I just suspected it caused the crash because of the timing. It was only when I launched ##377 that I confirmed it actually was 4cast that caused the reset.
    Thanks.

    I will try to recreate.
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
  9. lofdog's Avatar
    Posts
    78 Posts
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    #109  
    Like the new enhanced graphics and seamless 5 way. The auto-update is a great feature as well. 10 bucks well spent. Thanks!
  10. #110  
    Are the maps supposed to be automatically downloaded when it does a refresh? When I request a map, it has to connect to get it - if this is correct, would it be possible for it to pull the maps in during normal update times?
  11. #111  
    And about 1/2 of the time I get a reset when I try to view a map. I have not had reset problems before, and I have just noticed it when trying to view maps in 4Cast. I guess I don't even mind the reset if it would just happen when I am not in a hurry. It only happens when I am in a hurry to get to the map. Do you think it can tell that I am in a hurry and saves it's "problems" until then? --- LOL ---

    4Cast is still an awesome program - I just wish the maps would be retrieved on refresh (with a "refresh now" option on each map) and it wouldn't cause my Treo to reset - if it's what is causing it.

    Merry Christmas all !!
  12.    #112  
    Quote Originally Posted by rctoyguy
    Are the maps supposed to be automatically downloaded when it does a refresh? When I request a map, it has to connect to get it - if this is correct, would it be possible for it to pull the maps in during normal update times?
    Hi,

    Showing the maps is done not within 4cast - it is done by launching Blazer to show the URL.
    This is why I can not load the data while refreshing...

    Regarding the resets - can you supply more details - at what stage do they occur ? do you see Blazer launched ?

    Thanks.
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
  13. #113  
    Thanks for the response. 10-4 about the maps - and I'll do a little more investigating to get you more information about the resets.
  14. #114  
    My 4cast plug-in (2day) never refreshes. I constantly have a red "!" in my bar on 2day.

    I have it set to refresh every 3 hours in 4cast.
    digitalfx
    Former Treo 650 user
    now happy HTC TyTn owner
  15.    #115  
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalfx
    My 4cast plug-in (2day) never refreshes. I constantly have a red "!" in my bar on 2day.

    I have it set to refresh every 3 hours in 4cast.
    And does it auto -refreshes ?
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
  16. #116  
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKEphONE
    And does it auto -refreshes ?
    what do you mean?

    the forecast does not update thruout the day unless I manually update.
    digitalfx
    Former Treo 650 user
    now happy HTC TyTn owner
  17. #117  
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalfx
    what do you mean?

    the forecast does not update thruout the day unless I manually update.
    Have you ever noticed what it does when its about to refresh? You might try to set the refresh time to sometime in the near future and watch to see what it does. It might be waiting for another program (like a phone call) or it might be waiting to waiting for you to let it access the internet.

    Also, you should check the log in the prefs screen.
  18. #118  
    Couple things:
    Mine seems to hang alot (as in not refreshing) when it is supposed to auto-refresh.

    Also, I just loaded the GetNews plug in for 2Day and for some reason its text shows in a dark purple color with black outlining instead of the text colors I have selected for my other text (like 4Cast). How do I fix the text colors for GetNews in 2Day?
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
  19. #119  
    Have you looked at the log? Also, do you have a program that controls the radio on/off?
  20. #120  
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs
    Have you looked at the log? Also, do you have a program that controls the radio on/off?
    I just enabled the log, well see what it says.

    Yes, I use profilecare, but I only turn off the phone from midnight to 6a...I have refresh set for every 3 hrs
    digitalfx
    Former Treo 650 user
    now happy HTC TyTn owner

Posting Permissions