Page 39 of 49 FirstFirst ... 293435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
    You are correct and right on target. I've done a Refresh and all is now as it should be. "Problem" resolved. Thanks.
    Glad it worked out for ya!

VERY happy user of these GREAT apps:

TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial.
    Also check out the
    TAKEphONE skins , TAKEphONE skins thread

Verizon Treo 755p
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    I wish I had the time to read all 38 pages of the post. I was wondering if this could be a plugin for TakePhone?? I know it is for 2day or ZL but SS I want it for TP!!! I am using it as my launcher with the I Bar. Make it happen!!!
    "Actions speak louder than words!"

REX >Palm III > Palm IIIc > Palm V> Palm m505 >Kyo 7135> Treo 650> ARTIC Treo 680> and finally to the Centro!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shucks View Post
    I wish I had the time to read all 38 pages of the post. I was wondering if this could be a plugin for TakePhone?? I know it is for 2day or ZL but SS I want it for TP!!! I am using it as my launcher with the I Bar. Make it happen!!!
    It's available under TAKEphPHONE preferences.
    Make sure you have the most recent version 7.60 buil(001)

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    THANK YOU!!! This is GREAT!!!. After I got rid of Deluxe weather I was looking for a better alternative..
    "Actions speak louder than words!"

REX >Palm III > Palm IIIc > Palm V> Palm m505 >Kyo 7135> Treo 650> ARTIC Treo 680> and finally to the Centro!!!
    Deluxe Weather is pretty, but now that it is subscription, 4Cast more than out classes it.
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    Deluxe Weather is pretty, but now that it is subscription, 4Cast more than out classes it.
    4Cast out classed it from the beginning in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chimmer View Post
    4Cast out classed it from the beginning in my opinion.
    Chimmer,
    Great looking Avatar.
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    Chimmer,
    Great looking Avatar.
    Thanks....I also have it set up as my wallpaper.
    Quote Originally Posted by plofge View Post
    Spaces are updated or when a visitorEasy way to stay in the forum Good ServicesAbout all go to Good Services ok!sites where they can express!wow gold-offer power leveling for other gamescheapest wow gold-wow gold on Sale with Fast sitemassage in beijing-service for massage in beijingshanghai massage- the best massage in shanghai
    This thread is all about getting Hi - Lo temps & Chance of Rain.
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    I searched this thread, and didn't find a reference about the wake up of screen when 4cast auto-refreshes itself. Is there a way to make the auto-refresh happen in the background, the same way that Chatter checks for email?

Notifying auto-refresh, or waking up the screen is annoying, if you're working on something, or the stereo bluetooth transmission gets interrupted, or simply (sometimes) makes the device crash when switching temporarily to 4cast for the auto-refresh. I'm using a Treo 650, which is not high on DBCache and Dynamic Heap (internal memory).
    No it isn't. Shimon said it would require a huge rewrite and it isn't worth it at this time.
    Well, maybe the wake up screen issue can't be solved easily, as other weather softwares also do when they auto-refresh. But the auto-refresh switching to 4cast and back to the original application in use, that is something to be dealt with. The other weather softwares I've tried don't have that switching application annoyance.

I'm on a 30 day trial of 4cast, and the switching issue can put me off this, otherwise, great application. Specially when my phone can end up crashing because of it.

Shimon, please do something about it.

Cheers.
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    I've never had a crash when 4cast updates. What weather programs update automatically in the background?

I'm not disagreeing with you, not having to change apps would be nice. More importantly, not turning the screen on when it is off. The keyguard does not come on when Takephone is the last program open, at least on my phone. I'm not sure how nobody else has ever complained about this.

But, the integration with 2day, Takephone, and Zlauncher are really nice, and I haven't found any other weather app that is as good.
    Quote Originally Posted by dave75 View Post
    I've never had a crash when 4cast updates.
    I can't use the auto update feature in 4cast. I have my Centro set up to auto-lock after so many minutes. 4cast won't update when it's locked. As soon as I unlock it, the update starts.

So, I just have to do it manually. I put in a request to see if 4cast could store the password and allow it to auto update but so far haven't seen the feature implemented. Not sure if it's "do-able" or not.
  16.    #776  
    Hi all,

The auto-lock issue is on my list for resolving.

I see the point about not launching the full 4cast for doing refreshes.
    What I think is that the other apps that handle auto-refreshes but "dont switch apps" actually do switch the apps, but do it in a different way so as to not change what you see on screen.
    I will revisit the code and see if I can improve the user expirience on this.
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
    Thanks Shimon. I hope that you can improve the auto-refreshing issues.

On a different note, I read on a different thread in this forum, that you are also contemplating to change the source of weather data from Yahoo. Is this true? If so, this would be great, since Yahoo is not too reliable, and a source like Wunderground would allow me to get two current weather reports from different stations in Toronto, Canada; or even better, Accuweather (the best) would report me from three different stations in and around town. These three Toronto stations are currently reporting upto 7 degrees of difference at the same time!
    Last edited by jrgutierrez; 07/02/2008 at 02:30 PM.
    Love TP and am trialing this app. I haven't gone through all of this thread so this may have been asked before. Would it be possible to have animated radar?
    Quote Originally Posted by jrgutierrez View Post
    On a different note, I read on a different thread in this forum, that you are also contemplating to change the source of weather data from Yahoo. Is this true? If so, this would be great, since Yahoo is not too reliable, and a source like Wunderground would allow me to get two current weather reports from different stations in Toronto, Canada; or even better, Accuweather (the best) would report me from three different stations in and around town. These three Toronto stations are currently reporting upto 7 degrees of difference at the same time!
    I second the vote for Wunderground. The mobile version of it's animated radar is great!
    Check out http://mcentreville.deviantart.com/ for skins and wallpapers for TAKEphONE.
  20.    #780  
    Quote Originally Posted by gklewis View Post
    Love TP and am trialing this app. I haven't gone through all of this thread so this may have been asked before. Would it be possible to have animated radar?
    Hi,

GIF support is on the list, too.
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com