Page 37 of 49 FirstFirst ... 27323334353637383940414247 ... LastLast
    Is there a way to have 4cast keep the keyguard on (if it was on) when it asks about updating or doing the update?
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Thanks for the new beta version. Works fine on my Treo 755p. I like the new skins.

Btw, is there a way to get the frequent updates (e.g. every 1 or 3 hours) in a silent manner? Or in other words is it possible to suppress the popup window informing about the pending update? If not perhaps this could be added as a user option in future?

Thanks.
  3.    #723  
    Quote Originally Posted by cavingjan View Post
    Is there a way to have 4cast keep the keyguard on (if it was on) when it asks about updating or doing the update?
    Hi,

Afraid not - it will prevent the auto-update.
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
  4.    #724  
    Quote Originally Posted by STBXXL View Post
    Thanks for the new beta version. Works fine on my Treo 755p. I like the new skins.

Btw, is there a way to get the frequent updates (e.g. every 1 or 3 hours) in a silent manner? Or in other words is it possible to suppress the popup window informing about the pending update? If not perhaps this could be added as a user option in future?

Thanks.
    Hi,

Doing this in the background would require quite some coding/debugging. Maybe in the future...
    Shimon Shnitzer
    in the latest version (0.10), the icons and the high and low temps don't seem to properly reflect the forecast text... try the current forecast for Marietta, Georgia US. Highs don't match as the forecast progresses and the icons don't match the forecasts well either.
    --
    Visor Deluxe > Visor Platinum > Visor Pro > Treo 180 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 680 > Palm Pre > EVO 4G
  6.    #726  
    Quote Originally Posted by jaytee View Post
    in the latest version (0.10), the icons and the high and low temps don't seem to properly reflect the forecast text... try the current forecast for Marietta, Georgia US. Highs don't match as the forecast progresses and the icons don't match the forecasts well either.
    Hi,

Can you compare this with the forecast as it is displayed at the weather.yahoo.com website on your PC browser - every now and then the Yahoo site has "glitches".
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    Shimon--any thought to integrating an alert system in the keyguard? More specifically an alert to let you know that an alert exists, and maybe an option to jump directly from the keyguard to the alert if there's one? I'd really love something like this!
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKEphONE View Post
    Hi,

Can you compare this with the forecast as it is displayed at the weather.yahoo.com website on your PC browser - every now and then the Yahoo site has "glitches".
    Must have been... it all looks right now.
  9.    #729  
    Quote Originally Posted by dump71 View Post
    Shimon--any thought to integrating an alert system in the keyguard? More specifically an alert to let you know that an alert exists, and maybe an option to jump directly from the keyguard to the alert if there's one? I'd really love something like this!
    Hi,

There are so many apps that handle the KeyGuard now, that I hesitate to "mess" with it myself - seems like it would cause lots of interoperability issues.

I am considering creating a "system alert" when there are weather alerts. Will probably add this in some future version.
    Shimon Shnitzer
    It's a shame that the keyguard doesn't easily allow for "plugins".
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    Thanks for considering a system alert. I can't wait
  12. r0k
    Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    I see you were in 1:51 am yesterday takephone, so this one's for you (or anyone else with ideas)...

I'm having resets when 4cast is trying to update. I ended up hard resetting and restoring from 630am this morning but I'm reluctant to run 4cast until I get to the bottom of this.

I have chatteremail and 4cast and got both of them this past week. Now I regret trying to install 2 network aware apps so close together. I've registered chatteremail and I'm very happy with push email on my 755p. As for 4cast, I can do without it if I can't get to the bottom of these resets.

I should mention that the network-aware apps on my phone are:
    tryda +
    resco backup +++
    resco explorer ++
    resco blueftp ++
    resco news +
    4 cast
    kmeteo +
    chatteremail +
    blazer (duh) *
    google maps *
    takephone +++

* are rom
    + are registered or freeware I'd prefer to keep more + = stronger desire to keep
    Any ideas?
    Last edited by r0k; 05/11/2008 at 03:06 PM. Reason: changed to weekly notification
    -r0k

The 650 was a fine phone and was WAY more than a phone, but it's data rate was 1 bit per fortnight. The 755p was somewhat better until its instability chased me to ... wait for it... the BB 8830 From the BB 8830 I went to iPhone 4 and have never been happier. Farewell Palm. Palm Devices List (updated 10/17/2011).
    Quote Originally Posted by r0k View Post
    I'm having resets when 4cast is trying to update. I ended up hard resetting and restoring from 630am this morning but I'm reluctant to run 4cast until I get to the bottom of this.

I have chatteremail and 4cast and got both of them this past week.
    My money is on chatteremail causing the resets. It was completely unstable on my Centro. Of course, it could have been the combination of apps that I had that Chatter didn't like or wasn't compatible with. All I know is that things returned to normal once Chatter was removed.

I do know that many people use Chatter without any problems so you have to figure out what works for you.
  14. r0k
    Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chimmer View Post
    My money is on chatteremail causing the resets. It was completely unstable on my Centro. Of course, it could have been the combination of apps that I had that Chatter didn't like or wasn't compatible with. All I know is that things returned to normal once Chatter was removed.

I do know that many people use Chatter without any problems so you have to figure out what works for you.
    I registered Chatter yesterday. I'd really like to keep it. I really like push email. I got the email about this post on my phone within a few seconds of your reply. Even before my Macbook chimed to alert me to new email.
    -r0k

The 650 was a fine phone and was WAY more than a phone, but it's data rate was 1 bit per fortnight. The 755p was somewhat better until its instability chased me to ... wait for it... the BB 8830 From the BB 8830 I went to iPhone 4 and have never been happier. Farewell Palm. Palm Devices List (updated 10/17/2011).
  15.    #735  
    Hi,

I would then suggest you delete 4cast for a while, and see if you do get resets with ChatterMail only.
    Shimon Shnitzer
    And I have both 4Cast & ChatterEmail on my Sprint Centro with no stability issues. Ben
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    I have TryDA, 4cast, Chatter, Blazer, Google Maps, and Takephone. My 700p is very stable.
  18. r0k
    Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    4cast and batterygraph are now exiled to sd card. No resets since. And Chattermail continues to grab my push email.

Shsh s/w suggested I use a newer beta to solve the reset issue. I think I'll sit on the sidelines until 1.90 is not a beta anymore. I do have a means of getting weather and I'll use that solution for a while. 11 resets in one morning is a nasty experience and I don't need any app badly enough to risk going through that again any time soon. I suppose I might update the copy of 4cast on my sd card with the newest beta but I'll certainly not install it internally.
    -r0k

Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    I have a question I have the latest beta version and I also downloaded the clouds and good night skins. Even though they show up under 4cast using resco file explore they do not show up when under prefrences/display/skins only default. am I doing something wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by Penny View Post
    I have a question I have the latest beta version and I also downloaded the clouds and good night skins. Even though they show up under 4cast using resco file explore they do not show up when under prefrences/display/skins only default. am I doing something wrong?
    Are you sure the Creator ID is "cas4"? Check the preferences for the file(s) in Resco Explorer. If the Creator ID is "TpSK" change it to "cas4" but leave the Type as "TpSK". The background should then show up in 4cast display preferences.