Page 11 of 49 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 961
  1. #201  
    I still get multiple refreshes -- 4Cast won't update when the Treo is turned off and locked. It's set to refresh every 6 hours and updates seem to stack if 4Cast can't perform one.

    Also, how about a 'never' option for updates? I'd like the option to update manually over wireless whenever I need an updated forecast, rather than 4Cast doing it every N hours whether I need it or not...

    Great app, otherwise!
  2.    #202  
    Quote Originally Posted by Adlopa
    I still get multiple refreshes -- 4Cast won't update when the Treo is turned off and locked. It's set to refresh every 6 hours and updates seem to stack if 4Cast can't perform one.

    Also, how about a 'never' option for updates? I'd like the option to update manually over wireless whenever I need an updated forecast, rather than 4Cast doing it every N hours whether I need it or not...

    Great app, otherwise!
    Hi,

    Are you using the latest version (from www.shsh.com/beta) ?

    You should have this option there.

    Shimon
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
  3. #203  
    Yep, that's the one I have, but it just has from 1 hour to 5 days for refresh options...

    Let me try explain it a little better... I want to be able to update wirelessly on demand, but if I disable the wireless option in Prefs, selecting Refresh from the Do menu results in "Weather info will be read on the next HotSync".

    So, I want to leave the Wireless option enabled in Prefs, but want 4Cast to only update when I perform a manual Refresh -- and not automatically to schedule. In other words, I want to leave Wireless enabled but have a "Refresh every" option of "Never" or "Manual". Hope that makes sense..?

    This would also solve my double refresh issue when the Treo is off and locked, btw.
  4.    #204  
    Quote Originally Posted by Adlopa
    Yep, that's the one I have, but it just has from 1 hour to 5 days for refresh options...

    Let me try explain it a little better... I want to be able to update wirelessly on demand, but if I disable the wireless option in Prefs, selecting Refresh from the Do menu results in "Weather info will be read on the next HotSync".

    So, I want to leave the Wireless option enabled in Prefs, but want 4Cast to only update when I perform a manual Refresh -- and not automatically to schedule. In other words, I want to leave Wireless enabled but have a "Refresh every" option of "Never" or "Manual". Hope that makes sense..?

    This would also solve my double refresh issue when the Treo is off and locked, btw.
    On the left hand side of the "Refresh every" option there is a checkbox - uncheck it.
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
  5. #205  
    D'oh! Many thanks
  6.    #206  
    Hi all,

    Just posted version 1.65 (052) at www.shsh.com/beta

    - Maps: added a menu option to purge all map image files.

    - Maps: HotSync conduit check for “refresh maps” option.

    - Maps: a fix for TH-55 not showing map hyperlinks.

    Thanks.
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
  7.    #207  
    Hi,

    A new version - 1.65 (055) - at www.shsh.com/beta

    - Map view screen: show current “fit to page/pan” state in top bar.
    - Maps: Block Jpeg stuff for devices without the required bitmap
    rendering features.
    - Maps: a (working) fix for TH-55 not showing map hyperlinks.

    Thanks.
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
  8. #208  
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKEphONE
    Hi,

    As I said - I will have the HotSync conduit check that option, and not import those map files if it is off.
    Understood. I was commenting that the maps do take up quite a bit of space. Individually, not that much but together, which is the only way to get them during an automatic refresh, it is not insignificant for those with only 24M or less total storage.

    Just upgraded to 055. Found the Purge Maps command and used it, but it appears that the map files are still there. There are five maps listed, and there are five '4Cast_US*' files that are listed in McFile as being jpeg files. Manually deleting them, they did not come back after another refresh.

    Also, there needs to be a way to nav or keyboard out of the map display when viewing within 4Cast. I can view all other details of the forecast and go back without taking out my stylus - except return from viewing a map.
  9. #209  
    Hey Shimon -

    a keyboard shortcut to exit maps would be nice - maybe the use the left D-Pad button? I also would like to have animated maps. Since storage is always an issue with the limited memory on the treo - is there any way to get the maps to store on the SD card?

    Thanks for adding the maps option, btw
  10. #210  
    maybe I should have played more before I spoke... the center button on the d-pad closes the map & gets back to the list of maps. from there you can just tab over to the BACK button & get back to 4cast...
  11.    #211  
    Just upgraded to 055. Found the Purge Maps command and used it, but it appears that the map files are still there. There are five maps listed, and there are five '4Cast_US*' files that are listed in McFile as being jpeg files. Manually deleting them, they did not come back after another refresh.

    >>> 4cast does not store them as JPEG, so I suspect they were files
    >>> left over from Blazer or something like this.
    >>> The purge option should delete the files created by 4cast.

    Also, there needs to be a way to nav or keyboard out of the map display when viewing within 4Cast. I can view all other details of the forecast and go back without taking out my stylus - except return from viewing a map.

    >>> Press the OK button, or the ENTER button, or the BackSpace button.
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
  12. #212  
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKEphONE
    >>> 4cast does not store them as JPEG, so I suspect they were files
    >>> left over from Blazer or something like this.
    >>> The purge option should delete the files created by 4cast.
    No, they're definitely 4Cast files. I've given the filename pattern twice: 4Cast_USMA*, where '*' is a string of numbers I presume is a timestamp. The files have a normal PalmOS data file extension, and the properties of the files, according to McFile, is jpeg. Creator/type is listed as 'cas4/jpeg'.

    They are not being purged. They are no longer viewable from 4Cast when I give the purge command, but the files are not being removed from the device.
  13. pdadoc's Avatar
    Posts
    407 Posts
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    #213  
    My experience is that ONLY the CURRENT set of maps being displayed are purged... and that did work on my 650. If that's the way it works, would be good to add a "purge ALL maps" to the menu....

    And while offering feedback, would be great to add Thunderstorm and other "Warnings" (as for example, xWeather can do).
  14.    #214  
    Hi,

    Added a "purge ALL" option in the latest build (at www.shsh.com/beta)

    Regarding alerts - Yahoo does not seem to give them.
    I have to find a good source for them...
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
  15. pdadoc's Avatar
    Posts
    407 Posts
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    #215  
    Shimon-

    As you probably already know, xWeather uses both NOAA and Yahoo.... I thought I saw warnings thru the yahoo server, but may have only been noaa..... may be worth checking out...Warnings would really be a great addition to alert for "serious" weather. Thanks for another great app!
  16.    #216  
    Quote Originally Posted by pdadoc
    Shimon-

    As you probably already know, xWeather uses both NOAA and Yahoo.... I thought I saw warnings thru the yahoo server, but may have only been noaa..... may be worth checking out...Warnings would really be a great addition to alert for "serious" weather. Thanks for another great app!
    My main problem here is locating a good source for those warnings.
    It may be NOAA, but to check this - can you give me an example of a place on earth for which I can read existing warnings there ?
    (I live in Israel - weather is not a subject for alerts and warnings here - other things are...)

    Thanks
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
  17. pdadoc's Avatar
    Posts
    407 Posts
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    #217  
    Not much going on in the US right now, but there's frequently a warning somewhere here. Here's a url for watches/ warnings: http://wwwa.accuweather.com/severe/s...c=0&traveler=0

    Looks like there's a "wind warning" currently in South Dakota, as an example (can click on the warnings on this map). Hope that helps....We do get a fair number of thunderstorm warnings, tornado warnings, etc....
  18. #218  
    Quote Originally Posted by pdadoc
    My experience is that ONLY the CURRENT set of maps being displayed are purged... and that did work on my 650. If that's the way it works, would be good to add a "purge ALL maps" to the menu....
    What other set of maps would I have?
  19. #219  
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKEphONE
    My main problem here is locating a good source for those warnings.
    It may be NOAA, but to check this - can you give me an example of a place on earth for which I can read existing warnings there ?
    The problem with NOAA is that you seem to pretty much need to know their location codes for everything if you're going to make an automated query for the weather. If you want to see how a Windows desktop app does it, take a look at Wetsock from RoboMagic.
  20. #220  
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKEphONE
    Hi,

    Added a "purge ALL" option in the latest build
    Ah, that's better. Thank you.

Posting Permissions