1.    #1  
    I use the Treo 650 and when I use Yahoo or AIM messager, how do I clear out the auto text entry.

Example:

If I hit "e" then it will auto insert "elrodvoss"

Now Ive going under preferrences and told it to clear out cashe(sp) and to clear on exit, but to no avail.

How do I clear out everything in auto text entry??
    This site prides itself on helping people who come here for technical assistance...

Why don't one of our T650/Yahoo users step up and help Elrod?

It's been over 22 hours since he asked for help!
    I'm not sure what program he's using, or if it's possible. Some are obvious though, Blazer for instance, you would just delete the Blazer Auto Fill databases (there are two or three, "URL" & "Find" off the top of my head)
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  4.    #4  
    All I am using is the default Yahoo Messager and the AOL Instant Messager through Sprint PCS.

But let me explain it again:

I jump into Yahoo messager throug the Sprint PCS system (web site based, no program).
    Now when I tap the USERNAME field and hit the "E" key, it auto-completes my user name of "elrodvoss"

It will do this when I go to type a message as well. If I type in "T", it will auto-complete the last entry that I typed in there that started with a "T".

It will do this in Yahoo or AOL or any web-based program. This works much like IE5's auto-complete in windows.

Now what I need to find out is how do you:
    A) Turn off that feature.
    and/or
    b) Clear out the Auto-Complete memory.

I have gone under the setting under the web-browser and cleared out the history and the cashe(sp) and the auto-complete remains in there.
    So, this is via the browser. correct?

There is a checkbox to disable this in Blazer General Prefs.

And you can also (using FileZ) delete the databases.

The one you would want to delete would probably be Blazer_Field_Autofill.pdb (although it should recreate itself if you don't check off the autocomplete checkbox)

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  6.    #6  
    Thanks. I found the *disable autocomplete* function.

Ill get filez to delete the datebase. Thanks alot.
    Although it wasn't who I was trying to motivate, somehow I knew it would be Insertion, SIR! who would step up and help Elrod.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_OTR_Fan
    Although it wasn't who I was trying to motivate, somehow I knew it would be Insertion, SIR! who would step up and help Elrod.
    Thank you for noticing that at times I do wander out into the "real" forums and post more than "right," "left," "up" or "down."