1.    #1  
    To be frank, I am really not complaining. My Palm branded unlocked Treo 650 has served me well over the past several months and did not do a single uninitiated reset - that is until today.

I noticed a significant slow down in my mail retrieval over the past week or so. I decided to clead out VersaMail by deleting unwated email in the Sent and Inbox folder. The only thing different this time from my pevious VersaMail cleanup is that I cleared out the Sent folder this time. After checking the option to empty the trash, the 650 automatically reset, wiping out all mail settings and everything in the inbox.

Has anyone else had this experience? Do you know what causes it? Anyway, as I have said, I am thankful this has never happened before. I would be really, really upset if it starts happening repeatedly.

DEF
    David
    I've seen this happen before due to the NVFS changes in the OS. I can't pinpoint what steps you did to get there BUT something happened that the data got into a state and when the device reset it f'd the saved prefs database and all your data goes poof. If you happen to HotSync then you could restore the settings, otherwise you will need to re-set up the accounts or worst case, hard-reset and start again.

Is there a ROM update for the unlocked devices yet?

Dang
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by dang
    I've seen this happen before due to the NVFS changes in the OS. I can't pinpoint what steps you did to get there BUT something happened that the data got into a state and when the device reset it f'd the saved prefs database and all your data goes poof. If you happen to HotSync then you could restore the settings, otherwise you will need to re-set up the accounts or worst case, hard-reset and start again.

Is there a ROM update for the unlocked devices yet?

Dang
    As far as I know, I have the most recent of the ROM updates. I don't know if another one is planned.
    David
    Quote Originally Posted by defii
    To be frank, I am really not complaining. My Palm branded unlocked Treo 650 has served me well over the past several months and did not do a single uninitiated reset - that is until today.

I noticed a significant slow down in my mail retrieval over the past week or so. I decided to clead out VersaMail by deleting unwated email in the Sent and Inbox folder. The only thing different this time from my pevious VersaMail cleanup is that I cleared out the Sent folder this time. After checking the option to empty the trash, the 650 automatically reset, wiping out all mail settings and everything in the inbox.

Has anyone else had this experience? Do you know what causes it? Anyway, as I have said, I am thankful this has never happened before. I would be really, really upset if it starts happening repeatedly.

DEF
    This happened to me while I was reading email and downloading an attached doc file. My Treo reset and then when I went back into VersaMail, my account settings were gone and all email was gone. Not a big deal since the mail is left on my server, but nevertheless an ugly bug that should be fixed.

(running latest Sprint fw, etc., etc.)

Rob